It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experience at work.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
So, I was reading through another thread (the one about a moving soda can) and I started thinking about a really weird incident that happened to me at work once.
Here goes...
First a little background on the location. I worked on a military base in a calibration lab. The specific area was the electrical repair/refurbish workstation. I was the only person on that side of the lab, and there were only 3 others in the building at the time. I was able to quickly find the others after it happened.
The workbench I was at is a little over 2 feet deep and covered in the blacktop finish (like what you would find in your high school science lab). The back 10 inches or so are filled mostly with test equipment, leaving most of it open for general use.
I had just finished doing voltage checks on a piece of equipment and had laid the Fluke hand held multimeter on the workbench. I turned away to prepare the actual equipment that was going to calibrate what I was working on and once my back was toward the multimeter, I heard a loud noise behind me. I turned around and the found the multimeter on the floor. My first thought was that I put it too close to the edge, but I looked at the workbench and remembered I had placed the multimeter next to the test leads that I had used, which were a full 8-10 inches from the edge. I talked to my co-workers afterward and the only thing any of them had to add to the strange occurrence was that one of them swore that he thought he saw the lights in the section of the lab I was working in flicker.

Anyway what are your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Gravity.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

That's what I thought initially too, but for it the fall to the floor it would have had to move it's own length to the edge of the workbench.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've had the same thing happen to me a couple times over the last few months,i've not idea what causes it but the funny thing is i rarely get scared by it or anything,i just carry on & not think about it.

I'm not sure what causes it though or why it only happens to certain people & not others.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ark005

I'm certainly no electrical engineer or electrician, but from the posts above, and in the spirit of ATS' motto, why call it paranormal and ask why it happens to certain people? Seems to me it is happening to the instruments. What about arcing or stray voltage? If others saw lights flash, could that not go along with arcing?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ark005

Have you or anyone else noticed anything else odd about the area? Feeling like you're being watched, any cold spots, or a general creepy feeling?

Too bad it's happening on base, otherwise I'd suggest doing a little investigating, setting up some surveillance equipment, etc..

Without any kind of evidence, it's impossible to come to any real conclusion...

Btw, a song for you
:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm thinking it wasn't any sort of arcing or stray voltage. I wasn't working on anything high enough to overcome normal air resistance.
The atmospheric conditions are highly controlled inside the calibration areas, although the air handlers fail at random times.
Although I will admit that arcing could explain the lights, it would have nothing to do with the multimeter moving on its own.
edit on 5/28/2012 by Ark005 because: need to clarify some stuff

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Nothing that I know of. I know the building and base were built in the 60s but that is all the history I have. I also know that the air handlers fail a lot in that building even after we upgraded them to a newer model. There may be something there but without putting the building out of commission for testing I wouldn't know the cause.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
If you where working on a military base - it could be that certain experiments were taking place at the time this event happened. The list is long - from invisible technology testing to high/low frequency testing. Who knows.

The lights may be as a result of arching, or perhaps a LED on an electrical equipment.

It sounds as if you have thought out thoroughly and ruled out in your own mind what is not.
edit on 28-5-2012 by DonaldD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

I have thought about it, and eliminated what I think there is no chance that it could be. But I don't have any idea to what exactly it is that happened.
Also, I never gave thought to it being the side effect of some experiment.

top topics

join