It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows

www.bbc.co.uk

This image - which cannot be independently verified - is believed to show the bodies of children in Houla awaiting burial

Western nations are pressing for a response to the massacre in the Syrian town of Houla, with the US calling for an end to what it called President Bashar al-Assad's "rule by murder".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Did I just find propaganda on BBC?

www.bbc.co.uk...

I found photo of dead children being used on this BBC news story about a massacre going on now. The BBC news story is the top news story. I found the headline photo on a blog that was timestamped as being posted on January 1st, 2012. Clearly this photo cannot be from the massacre going on now if it's been on the internet since January.

shineyourlight-shineyourlight.blogspot.com...

The photo being used is item 52 on the blog. At the very best, it's unethical to post such an emotional picture (numerous massacred children) as breaking news, about a massacre that supposed to be going on right now, without fact checking it. At the very worst, it's propaganda...

If there is something very bad going down like a massacre that is one thing, but bad reporting always puts doubt in people's minds. Calling it bad reporting is charitable -- this is outrageous.

I have photos of the story as it was posted for when it gets edited so everyone can see it in its original format.

www.bbc.co.uk

edit on 5/27/2012 by Albastion because: added images of story in its original format

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

Not just propaganda om BBC but on CNN I was going to post this but i am going to give you Reps

and also this was no artillery attack on the children, i would still say the rebels did it the killing because once again in of there own from Houla they are saying God Is Great.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ignoring the possibility that this is propaganda, and taking the story at face value.
What the hell are the observers doing? I can see our billions spent on the UN really paying off...

Seems likely that the U.S. needs a massacre to justify force, so this might be propaganda or something similar.

Maybe Assad's regime is really doing this. I wonder if the MSM will take it and run with it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Great work. When I heard about this massacre earlier today, my first thought concerned how much of it to take at face value. And even though I know better, I was almost sucked in.

But I wasn't--sucked in, that is--because I knew there are people who will go to lengths that I didn't go to. And I'm embarrassed now that I didn't go that extra mile and start checking for myself. And now I've resolved that I won't fail to make that effort from now on....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The photo being used is item 52 on the blog.

I was looking at the BBC article earlier, before you posted this thread, and sure enough, just like you said, they put up an old photo at the top of the page and were claiming it to be a photo of the aftermath of that current massacre.
I am looking at the same page, now, and they seem to have changed the photo to a different one (from Reuters).
edit on 27-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Not surprised that only tells you tehis is nothing more then propaganda.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

We all know that if anyone calls them on it then they will just say it's a mistake. Oopsies. Nothing going on here.
Pro fact checkers here

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

What the hell are the observers doing?

Notice how Annan is in charge, the same guy who was in charge during the Rwanda massacre.
Seems like a pattern.

I wonder if the MSM will take it and run with it.

I jumped out of bed when I heard it on the radio because I expect this is what they were waiting for to launch what will end up as an invasion.
edit on 27-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I jumped out of bed when I heard it on the radio because I expect this is what they were waiting for to launch what will end up as an invasion.

I dont think so, seeing how Sryia has no Oil.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Nope bad idea Russia is backing and supplying arms to the Syrian government and some people in this country want to arm the rebels.

We do not need to get involved in Syria it is their mess let them clean it up.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

My theory is that Israel wants a friendly regime in Syria to allow overflights to get to Georgia, and on to Tehran.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope bad idea Russia is backing and supplying arms to the Syrian government and some people in this country want to arm the rebels.
Of course it is a bad idea but we have a government full of bad ideas, and they are supplying the "rebels".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Seems like "do nothing" is rule #1 in UN observers' operations manual.

And how are there still blindspots in Syria with all the satellites and drones and intelligence personnel on the ground?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

My theory is that Israel wants a friendly regime in Syria to allow overflights to get to Georgia, and on to Tehran.

Well that explains why some of the CTV reporters were in Israel Today, but however i dont believe that is going to happen.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just think that at this point there needs to be some sort of legitimate confirmation like photos which can be proven as real and taken today. Perhaps we could require a person standing in the photo holding a paper with a date and time written on it. If the event actually happened then they should be able to get a confirmed photo of it. How about multiple pictures, or a photo gallery so it's obvious the event happened? They owe it to us after posting incorrect ones. Nobody cares, people don't demand these things, and the world moves on.

The insidious part about bad journalism is that it sows doubt. How are we able to tell that any of these photos are real, or that the story is real? Do we know anything about the identity of the victims? Where did they go to school? What were their names? It's always some number of unnamed victims and that's the end of the story. That's what gets to me. It's garbage, and it's not reporting. The thing about the Middle East is that they always bury the bodies immediately... it would be very convenient for this sort of thing, if it were propaganda.

Ultimately it's a failure at reporting.... right?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Nobody is buying this crap anymore - they flew EL CIA'TEH out of Afghanistan into Libyan & then to Syria.

It's all total crap its all bs - is anyone buying this anymore???

Really - its so f'riggin transparent what is going on.

El Kiateh - means the list - the CIA list's of Mujahaddin fighters they paid and trained in Afghanistan .

Do me a favor - Google El Kiateh. Al Kateh, or anyother way you think its spelled...its not there!

It's police state people.

Peace
edit on 27-5-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The solution to this is for people to demand more live media and photo/video content in their news stories as a standard so people are immediately suspicious if a story is lacking in rich video and photo coverage. It's the age of the internet and technology, there is no reason why a news story shouldn't mostly be video and photo news with a text transcript for everything.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Updated News From CNN.
CNN

Leader of the Free Syrian Army calls for retaliatory attacks against the government

This is why i believe the Free Syrian Army are behind the attack in Houla.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

This is possible.

U.N. observers went to Houla and viewed the bodies, a day after opposition activists reported a massacre there at the hands of the Syrian regime. The activists said entire families were killed.

If you look carefully at the second photo I posted, the caption reads "Photo from Activist"... this suggests that the people who told the reporters that the Syrian government was killing people could also have given them the false photo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join