OK, so I am ready to take the next step I think. This will be a huge project and not one will be written overnight by one man unfortunately. However
in approx 3 months I reckon we should have a wobbly working site with obviously some bugs in it and needed features.
I want some more comments please as it is a modification/extension of the above idea. Anyone who cannot post on here due to government restrictions
can contact me via any of my pelicanbill com websites
I actually want to start programming this now so any further comments, ideas and offers of help are very welcome.
What I think we need is a place where a team can get together and work on a research project. This would have to be in the form SIMILAR to a forum but
which is not open to all who join the site.
My ideas so far on this as follows but maybe modified depending on what is decided will be required.
1) Project proposals for investigation are submitted by Members who want to start an investigation around a particular topic.
2) All Visitors & Members of the site can see project proposals submitted by members.
3) Each project would have a Team Leader who will drive and co-ordinate the project and his team. He will decide who joins/leaves the team in
accordance with their 'CV' of relevant experience submitted to him by site members.
4) All project pages will be opensource and viewable by everyone visiting the site(visitors - not logged in), however resources will be private to
projects and only the titles/descriptions of resources (files,videos,html pages,pdfs,documents,etc) will be shown to visitors of the site. Project
resources will not be viewable to all.
5) Project pages will show true links to resources for logged-in team members.
6) Full copies are the responsibility of team members. Team members are encouraged to copy their project(partial or complete) and download it to their
PC as often as possible to allow distributed security of information.
7) A project can have multiple sub-projects with sub team leaders and sub team members from within the Project team. Once a member of a team, there
will be no security restrictions to sub projects. Basically, anyone in the team is trusted to modify pages within that project. Sub teams are
organisational structures only. Team Leaders(Project proposers) have the moderation responsibility for their teams.
8) a project will be divided into
a) the project proposal, description, team members(usernames only)
b) project resources
c) nodes called "pnodes" consisting of questions needed to be investigated/documented/researched
d) node pages will have a list of node resources which are referenced in that node. Links to those resources can be on any sub-node page
e) nodes can have sub-nodes
f) nodes can be sub-projects consisting of their own nodes/resources/etc
9) members/users profile, relevant experience 'CV', email address(private), join date, password, etc
10) some method of communication like instant messages perhaps
11) I am planning to copy/keep all resource data (which will take a lot of storage space) - dont know if this is practical
12) to be continued...
edit on 13 Mar 2013 by qmantoo because: add point 11/12