It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DubStep is saving my life right now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Damn this thread, ever since I first visited it, I've been on a MASSIF dubstep kick!

a bangar

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Burial is a great artist. Amazing the way he produces his tracks.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Some good tunes from Bar 9. The second vid I could only find a 2 minute version, which doesn't do the full song justice.
And like another poster said previously....DnB. Liquid, Jungle...cannot go wrong. So many sub-genres to get your ears to nirvana.

Edit: The second song absolutely vibrates every connection in my car loose. Love my 2x12" Subs!!!!

edit on 5/29/2012 by saabster5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Some Truth..

I'm recently 34, Been into Metal pretty hardcore most of my life and in fact i play it as well
so Metal is basically my life.. I've been in a massive slum the past few years, personally and musically thinking music was pretty much dead and picking at the rare scraps rock/metal has to offer.. life's ok (lol)

That was untill i heard "Doomsday" well an edit, for a upcoming game.. and my mind fliped.. what the hell was that?
I played the tralier again.. this time REAL loud and wham.. i was hooked on this "thing".. its not quite Dubstep as im reading latley but i searched and discovered Nero pretty easy.. Hooked (not a far strech.. it's like daft Punk only better.. kinda) almost instantly..

That was about 2 weeks ago, and merely a background for the following

Obviously.. Eventually.. I'd stumble across him.. you know.. that fella.. the one they call Skrillex
at first my mind was pretty confused, but it somehow understood so we ventured further.. then we turned on the uTube.. who is this Skrillex.. what's his "look" (not how he looks.. whats his show/art ect) what i saw totally blew my mind, i spent many years as a roadie.. i'd kill for one day on that tour. Anyhoo, After watching the clips, buying some stuff and ripping it (yes at 320 the highest my phone will play) for mobile use i stared listening to Skrillex (and some Nero) to & from work.. then at home.. now all the time..

I feel, totally different, as in im now "on" I've checked out other artists and it's some great works but somehow my *Brain* is addicted to Skrillex and it loves me for it. Now im in some strange world where all my best friends play and listen to rock/metal.. AND IM TRYING TO EXPLAIN SKRILLEX!!!.. like a 16yr old defending there fav fad... but hey.. I now walk with a grove, and i smile alot.. move ALOT more (bahaha.. do i need to explain.. no.. good) basically my world has changed.. i look at my/play synth more than my g'tar (im jammin to Skrillex mom!! look!!.. lol) Im still not done on my hunt for more Dubstep EDM joy.. but im gonna have to join the whole "it changed my life" bandwagon here.. and that's something a month ago i probably would have shot u for

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1

I'd tell you who I am but I'm not trying to be famous on ATS.

I'd tell you who I am. But you wouldn't care.

This stuff is pretty new to me. I do tend to like the high frequencies however and the sub bass seems to loosen up all my kidney stones and I have a hard time passing them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Btw, check out this guy's channel

Liquicity - Liquid DnB

A lot of great liquid DnB.

Recently found this song and just lovin' it

edit on 31-5-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join