It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Eating Victim's Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police: Report

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
reply to post by thePharaoh

I'm gonna have to jump back on there and get a couple more grabs... ya know, just in case the "scrubbers" come along.

Funny too, as most peoples (faces) are blurred out in google. Not this one.
How ironic is that, if it is in fact him?
edit on 12/6/2 by telemetry because: classified

dude..street view the suspects house...they probably inserted him, sharpening his claws..lol

honestly...that streetview picture sent chills down my spine....but why lol

there is a news report a few pages back of the events leading up to the incident.......has the locations in it as well

edit on 2-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yeah I see what you see after downloading it and watching at fullscreen. Strange.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
something to think about

That same day, May 24, Miami Police rousted Poppo from one of the last places he called home: the top floor of the parking garage at Jungle Island, the Watson Island botanical and wildlife attraction.

Outreach workers from the Miami Homeless Assistance Program found him there and offered help, said Ronald Book, chairman of the Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust.

But after Poppo became "belligerent and aggressive," the outreach team called police. Officers issued Poppo, who had turned 65 a week earlier, a "trespassing after warning" citation.

"He grabbed his box of stuff and went off," said Book. Outreach workers reported he was "cursing and claiming discrimination."

About 2 p.m. on Saturday, a naked Rudy Eugene grabbed Poppo near the causeway's west end, stripped off his clothes, beat him, bit him and gnawed off his face.

quoted from
www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
Druid42, skitzspiricy, thePharaoh:
All very interesting questions - for sure and I appreciate the feedback from you all!I'd like to delve into those things individually, which will most likely require a separate and more lengthy reply on my part

Regarding the "other" security camera on the Herald bldg. I think, that if it was pointed in the right direction... the MacArthur causeway, then perhaps there would be footage of Rudy. They did say he walked down that from Miami Beach yes?

What I'm not so sure of, is whether said second camera would provide any more or maybe better footage of the attack. It is on the same side of the building, but further back on the corner. (just to clarify)

I did some more recon today, and found a few more interesting things that may be relevant. First, here is an image of the wall... on the walkway there. It's a typical "Jersey Barrier" I believe that's what they are called. They are something like 3 or 3 1/2 feet tall, so I don't see how they weren't noticed sooner. Fact is, those things aren't waist high, unless the average person is 4 foot 6. Even crouching, I would think Rudy would have easily been seen - especially from taller cars, suv's.. and more notably from the passenger side. Anyway, here is a picture:

Oh, and get this - I think I might have spotted someone (to me at least) could very well be Ron, hiking across the causeway in april 2011. What do you all think?

I'll take another couple looks at the vid, thePharaoh... and let you know what I think.
T-

Wow.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Yeah I see what you see after downloading it and watching at fullscreen. Strange.

that means from about 3 mins..unitl the glitches of the 5th minute.....there could be someone else there

but then they are hidden under the bridge.....why does he pull the guy towards whatever was moving ??...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

At 2:51 it appears that he gestures in that direction too. Like telling someone to piss off.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

At 2:51 it appears that he gestures in that direction too. Like telling someone to piss off.

ok....i`l look....

at 3:18..poppo seems to kick out at it...and it moves north

yea dude...2:30 onwards, there is alot of movement around the suspect....he initially throws something north...then throws the victim north.....and starts jesturing north....then drags the victim further north....THEN we see shadows and pixels moving for 2 whole minutes...then we get the glitchy 5th minute......

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Where's that from? Anymore to it? You have the link? Ty

It's from a non-ATS friendly place, so I hesitate to link it. (There are some sites you aren't supposed to link to, you know.) If you REALLY want the link, I can u2u it to you, but I don't think I'll post it here.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

P.S....druid...dude where the screen shot of the cop car 1:58 mins....lol

Sorry, not seeing the cop car at 1:58. There's a vehicle that looks like a tow-truck. Use the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, should say "PrtSc", then open Paint, and hit crtl-v, or right click, and "paste". Honest, that works, even though your computer doesn't say anything. Try and see.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You guys are onto something. The video looked so odd, several anomalies, and now there is a "third person" factor to consider.

Drug deal gone wrong?

The supplier a cop?

I'm speculating.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!..

I MADE SOMEONE OUT....WTF!!!!!......

7:18mins - FOUND HIM...THIRD PERSON!

7:18 mins........north of the bridge.....on the top side of the bridge!!!!!...right there
for a few frames you can see someone walking away and they "dissolve into the background"

look...he comes out from under the bridge and dissapears .......7:18 / 7:22 min you can see him clearly!!

you can also see him at 4:15 to 4:45, right behind the suspect.....
and poppo seems to kick him at 3:16 and he walks north........
also 2:42 right under the bridge.....2:51min rudy gestures to him (waves arm)

wish i knew how to do a screenshot.....um...druid42...holla

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well there is most definitely some strange stuff going on in both videos, and I really don't know what to make of this. Why exactly, did this go on for as long as it did - in most likely full public view, and it took 18 or something minutes to respond? Big WTF there, I'm sorry.

Onto the footage:
I'm of the opinion, right now-
that the longer version was cropped to either:

A. Purposefully leave out the surrounding area.
B. Frame the attack better.
(Meaning, put the attack scene closer to the center of view.)

Maybe the Miami Herald thought those extra details were not warranted enough,
to include in the longer video. If so, then it is an error on their part.
They have full footage of a crime in progress, yet release a "sanitized version?"
Do the police have a better version? Is it cropped?

Is there footage of Rudy walking naked across the causeway...
He left his car, clothes, wallet (I assume) and his phone behind?
Where is the proof that Rudy scattered his belongings "like a trail of bread crumbs?"
Why the quick "expert opinions" about bath salts?

Anyway, I will stop ranting, but this whole ordeal just stinks.
I really wish I knew what model of security camera it is.
Knowing that, then I might be able to establish it's field of view relative to the footage.
With that information, we could possibly figure out just how much we haven't been shown.

Purposefully, or otherwise.

Hey Druid - can you PM me that link?
I'd appreciate reviewing it.

edit on 12/6/2 by telemetry because: added a question, of course.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I saw it, it did appear to be someone walking, that is really strange.

Reminds me of how they portrayed predator with his cloaking in the movie
edit on Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:41:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

you can see him so clearly.....i mean i could see it before....but now..anyone can see this dude...

WTF!! he stops again by the lampost for one more look...then it runs!!!!

i so knewwwww there was a third person....i lost so much time week with this clip on my mind.....none of it sat well
im was not buying it......now i hope his family see some of what weve found...i dont think your son is as f`d up as its been made out

i think iv done my ATS duty...lol
peace

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm speculating right along with you here bud... as I honestly don't know.
The fact is, well - as it stands
we don't have any solid facts, or motive.
Only dodgy footage, and nothing else.

And yes, I agree with you regarding "people close to the scene" if you will.
I'm not entirely sure, but in the shorter vid... the Police car just appears at roughly 0.53.
Right in the middle of the road. ???

Even more, at around 1.05 - 1.07 pay attention to this:
There is a person running across the road, to the right, as seen here:

Like I said, "funny business" on those vids.
I'm damned tempted to send an email to the Miami Herald, in regards to this....
But, I'll wait... I've had a few beers and it would be hard to approach tactfully.
(not tactically, you zombie slayers)

I'm willing to try though, what's the worst that could happen?
Cheers!
T-

edit on 12/6/2 by telemetry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Hi Telemetry,

I originally thought that there was one Police car when i watched the 23 minute footage. I saw what looked like a Police car go by at 17:42 mins. I thought it was a Police car because it looked to have something on the roof (lights?) and also looked exactly like the Police car that pulls in at the scene at 17:54 mins. Have a look and tell me what you think.

I first thought that this Police car had gone by, done a sharp turn out of sight and came back as i mentioned in This Post

The first police cruiser (i think) goes by at around the 17:42 mins, probably doing a U-Turn off screen and pulls in at around 17:54 mins.

Now looking at the 7 minute footage again. I notice that there may now have been two Police cars(?) at the tail end of the attack. The one that you captured in your still image, that seems to stop in the middle of the road, turns and drives toward the scene, and also the one i noticed at 17:42 min in the longer cropped footage. That one drives by (in the 7 minute footage) and pulls into the right of the road further up the screen and disappears behind the tree. I'm wondering if it pulled over and parked.

I was also thinking that, that police car (if it was one) may have been going towards a possible witness (the person you noticed running across the road?). Maybe one of the cyclists, or perhaps someone else?
If it was someone dodgy, and that was a Police car that pulled in further up the road from the scene then i doubt that they would be running towards them. But as you all are, i'm just speculating.

Thank you for pointing out the size of the barriers. I didn't quite get that perspective in the videos. So they were obviously in full view.

Which gets me thinking why it took so long for help to arrive. If this situation went down exactky how it's being reported. I've been wondering if the Police didn't take the 911 calls seriously at first. If for instance the first lot of calls where along the lines of; "I see a naked man walking down the causeway", "There's two bums fighting", "I can see a fight happening" etc. Now when the calls started getting a bit more heavy; "I think this guy is gonna kill that man, please send help", "There's a naked guy beating someone to a pulp", "There's a violent bloody fight going on" etc. That's when they may have decided to go and take a look.
It would help if we had a timeline of 911 witness calls, rather than the mish mash of quoted calls they are reporting now.

Also, i think you should email Miami Herald asking for some answers. I did say to Druid, that you may not get any, but it's always worth a try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Pharaoh,

I'm not trying to make light of the things you are now noticing in the zoomed and cropped 23 min footage. They are good observations and there could very well be something to it.

But, when you have already recorded footage from afar, and you edit it to crop and zoom in. The footage will become pixelated and you will start noticing artifacts. Just like if you had a Picture/Photograph, put it in some softaware to zoom in on it, that will too have the same effect.
Kind of like when you get threads on here with close ups of the Sun, Moon, and Mars. Someone has noticed something in the images. They go and edit it to zoom in, and all you end up with is a pixelated, artifact filled mess. Which could be something of interest, but also might be totally nothing.

As you mentioned in another thread. Because this footage has been messed around with for whatever reasons, it's hardly good as evidence. But i said at the end of my reply; Anomalies aside, this footage is all we have to go on right now. So don't stop observing what you're observing and stop speculating. We really don't have much else to go by.

Edit: Also, say there was a third person. Who's to say this third person was involved? It could have been a passer by who possibly tried to confront the situation, maybe even trying to stop it, who then got freaked out and walked further away, then ran. This person could be a reliable witness that didn't want to be named, maybe even asking if they could be removed from the footage that has been released to the public? Just some differing thoughts on your observations.

Personally i still stand by my position that this gruesome event did actually happen and that the footage wasn't messed around with for nefarious reasons to cover something up. But it still looks dodgy regardless and i don't dispute that.
I will likely stand by that position until something comes out that proves to me otherwise in the coming weeks or months. If something does come out. Which i hope it will. Whether it be damning evidence that this incident did actually happen the way it did, or whether it be damning evidence against some kind of cover up.

If it does turn out to be some sort of nefarious cover up, i will make a Youtube vid of me eating my left rubber flip flop and post it on this thread
... OK, maybe i won't do that, but i will admit i was wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Druid

Could you U2U me that link, i'd like to have a look, Cheers

edit on 3-6-2012 by skitzspiricy because: Added an edit/extra paragraph.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Would be nice to have a look at the original video. My cheap ass webcam takes video 10x better than this video.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Would be nice to have a look at the original video.

It would be indeed, but i somehow doubt they will release it, and if they did decide to, we may be waiting for quite some time.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

I was sitting at home thinking about what is making people "eat" each other.I mean whats the catalyst for all of this?Then my wife said "I bet it's that show Walking Dead".I paused for a second,then I was like you know you could be on to something here.Is the show "Walking Dead" totaly resonsible for these acts a of zombies?No.
But,Think about it.I belive this is the first high rated zombie tv show that has been watched by the masses.So I am thinking it put a "seed" in some of these peoples minds that probly wasn't there before.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Some really great finds and observations here everyone but when I watched the footage for the 'third person' it looks to me like the victim is waving his arms around, which causes the shadows. I'm thinking he is beginning to regain consciousness and is putting his hands up to his face.......

The 'person' walking/running from the bridge looks like some large, white piece of rubbish being blown away, you can see it's windy from the palm trees. It just looks like a spinning object to me, not a person. Of course I could be wrong.

Details of 911 calls are being released now and no-one mentions face chewing, maybe they weren't close enough or maybe this was only ever a beating.

...... Callers only reported seeing two men fighting in the shadow of The Miami Herald headquarters but did not mention seeing Poppo's face being torn off and eaten. 'He's going to kill that man, I promise you,' a female bus driver said, urging a 911 operator to send help. Poppo remains hospitalised.

The driver, who wasn't named by authorities, described the scene as she drove by. 'Listen, there is a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway,' she said. 'He is beating another man to a pulp - like on top of the man, beating him, the man is bleeding.'

Another caller said the two men were fighting, saying they nearly knocked over an elderly bicyclist.

'These two bums were going at it with each other, taking up the whole lane,' the caller said. 'I think they were fighting or something.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... off.html#ixzz1wjTKeU9P

www.dailymail.co.uk... face-off.html

The story also says how it was 90f/ 37c that day and the attacker was walking back from a memorial day party.

edit on 3-6-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join