It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Eating Victim's Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police: Report

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

The most likely scenario is that the security guard working the camera on the Miami Herald building was in fact a Miami herald security guard, When you work as a security guard even if you work for company A but are contracted to company B when legal documents or news stories are written most times you are atributed to the company where you are stationed not your parent company. Also it is not unusual for a large company such as the Miami Herald to hire there own security force to man cameras and to patrol the building and surounding areas.

Just some info on security guards and why some one manning the camera might be called a Miami Herald security guard.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Thank you for that information.

My head has been a bit sun fried over the last few days and I missed that the Miami Herald Building was near the crime scene and that's where the camara footage came from. I've just read some articles now stating that it happened south of that building. So makes more sense now that the reporter said "Miami Herald Security Guard".

edit on 31-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

it`s well known in the law enforcement community ".That it does not matter what a person has done .Whether their guilty or not . It is how it is written up that matters"
I`ve heard all kinds of statement made in officer involved shootings.I think he could have came up with a better case scenario than this, Really.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by prknou

well to be honest i im not sure what to say, i have not advocated the shooting of the attacker. Do i think the officer involved was justified, if the facts presented to me are true then yes i do, but if the facts are not actually facts then no i think there should be an investigation into the shooting. I hope my rambling there was understandable as it is rather early for me still and i have yet to have my coffee.. lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

No big deal i know it was something easy to miss with all the other things going on in the story. So i thought i would share my insight from previously being a "rent-a-cop" lol.

Personally right now i feel like Garfield from your avatar off to get some coffee...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just curious, but has this been tossed around yet in this thread?

that the guy being shown as the now dead attacker isn't really the actual attacker?
What if "they" took the real attacker's body (dead or alive) off to some secret lab for experiments and just used the body of someone who happened to be disposable to sell this story as a "bad drug story"?

Can anyone confirm from the images being shown that it really was that guy? imo I couldn't even tell they were two different skin colors from those video shots... could have switched...

just sayin... carry on.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

So the story goes, the cop drives up, exits his car, says stop and starts blasting. Totally disreguards his baton, taser, mace,
his training. Fires six shots at an unarmed man hitting him five times and killing him. And there is no investigation ? While a security guard from the Miami Herald ( that just happens to be next door ), Captures everything on surveilence cam video. And no one even wants to know why a survielence cam was even pointed in that direction in the first place ? I thought all police shootings were investigated ?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well if this was a police cover up, and they felt that he had fired his side arm against protocol the video from the Miami Herald security cam would never have came out. Then we could talk severe corruption and cover up.

The security camera was pointed at a parking lot/garage that i assume is where members of the staff park it had the ability to tilt, pan, and zoom as this would be necessary for the protection of the aforementioned area. Like i stated before when i was a security guard it was common practice to zoom in and watch the police do their thing, as it provided a break in the monotony that was being a security guard.

You are correct as far as my understanding goes, all police shootings are investigated and i imagine that this one is still on going, despite the quotes given by the head of the police union in the area. It is common practice for the police to support their own when involved in a shooting. I would imagine in a few weeks a report by that departments Internal affairs unit will be released justifying or condeming the act.

As of right now all i can do is offer conjecture as to the bias of the shooting, and in my opinion from the facts as i have been told it seemed justified. That is my opinion and upon further facts, or an investigation by IA i am open to changing it. But as of right now that is where i stand.

Thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Let me set the scene:

"you respond to a call of an assault under a nearby overpass. When you arrive you find a person EATING another mans face. You yell - stop and get away from that man. The attacker looks up (with flesh hanging from his teeth) and growls at you, then continues to EAT the other guys face"

Do you:
A) say"thank god I have pepper spray!"
B) approach the man EATING someone and reassert your command
C) Empty your weapon into this obviously deranged person that is EATING another man

I am not making light of the situation. It is horrid in the extreme. It has ruined the lives of several people, either by direct result or through relationships with the attacker. But just this once try to put yourself into that responders shoes. Honestly, what would you have done?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

So the story goes, the cop drives up, exits his car, says stop and starts blasting. Totally disreguards his baton, taser, mace,
his training. Fires six shots at an unarmed man hitting him five times and killing him. And there is no investigation ? While a security guard from the Miami Herald ( that just happens to be next door ), Captures everything on surveilence cam video. And no one even wants to know why a survielence cam was even pointed in that direction in the first place ? I thought all police shootings were investigated ?

How do we know it's not being investigated internally?

If the the situation is as it is being stated in the news and from other reports. Would you jump over the wall to baton, mase or taze a man that is mauling off a mans face? Would you really want to get up close and personal with this attacker? What if the guy turned and started attacking the cop the same way he was attacking Poppo.

Perhaps the situation could have been dealt with differently, i'm not sure. But it seemed that he was the only officer on the scene at the time of the shooting(?) from the CCTV footage. Waiting for back up could have resulted in the loss of the victims life. Or jumping over the wall could have aggravated the situation more and may have caused some serious injuries to the cop(s) first on the scene.

I'm not sure if that's correct or not i'm just speculating from the video footage. Do LEO's ride alone at all? Or do they always have a Partner with them? If indeed the attacker was as crazed and as feral as has been stated, could the cop(s) have handled the situation any better without putting their own lives in danger and the life of the victim?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

She insists that he never used any recreational drugs besides marijuana and was even trying to quit. Eugene would refuse to take over-the-counter medication for headaches and was sweet and well-mannered, she said.

The attack could only be explained by Eugene being drugged or the victim of a Voodoo curse, she said. 'I don’t know how else to explain this,' she said.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

'He called me and told me his car broke down. He said, “I’ll be home, but I’m going to be a little late." Then he said, "I love you and I’ll be back,"' she said, never to hear from him again.

Let's hope it was drugs, if not, what on earth was the trigger?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

If I saw someone eating another living human being and I screamed at them to stop, and they acknowledged hearing me by making eye contact (and growled like an animal), only to continue their actions in total disregard of being interrupted, and I had a choice to:
1. place myself within their reach by beating them into oblivion with a stick,
2. place myself within feet of their reach to spray pepper mace
3. stay where I was and empty a clip in them

Without hesitation, I would see #3 as my only option.
Plus, I live in Texas. If you kill someone here, you will get killed back. That's just the way it is.

The only way I would not shoot first and ask questions later in this particular situation, is if the person being eaten was clearly already dead. In that case, I would see no reason to use deadly force to stop the attack because I would not be saving another person's life in the process.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ok ! Great retorts. What would I do ? Who could accurately answer such a question ? I'm not trying to get around answering it so I'll do my best. I at least, out of concern for both men, would have used my taser
first. Then if there was no affect, I would have followed up immediatly the way the officer did. Just enough difference to give both a chance to survive the day.
edit on 31-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ok ! Great retorts. What would I do ? Who could accurately answer such a question ? I'm not trying to get around answering it so I'll do my best. I would have at least, out concern for both men, would have used my taser
first. Then if there was no affect I would have followed up immediatly the way the officer did. Just enough difference to give both a chance to survive the day.

It was reported at first that the Cop shot the attacker once, possibly shooting to deter the attacker from mauling the victim further, rather than shooting to kill. The Attacker turned around, growled, then apparently carried on mauling the victims face. The Cop then emptied more rounds into him. killing him.

Now i'm not quite sure if this is fully true or not, but remember reading it in a couple of news reports, or maybe just one. Can't remember which though, have looked at so many.

Perhaps i should start screen capping these things.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In response to using your tazer on the attacker, from what i could see of the video he appeared to be in contact almost the whole time with the victim. So when you hit him with your 50,000 volt tazer you would also be hitting the victim and as the victim was already in as you could imagine a poor state of health you could possibly kill him. Where as being a trained police man with i imagine depending on his time in the service many hours of fire arms training you could unleash a shot or six and take out the attacker and most likely save the victim. I think thats what i would choose. Tazers though a less than lethal weapon can at times be very deadly and that is a possibility any one who is trained in the use of them is made very aware of. just my opinion of the subject and im not saying that your actions would have been wrong as they were a logical choice in the situation, i am just giving some possible insight as to the reasoning behind the officers actions.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Just curious, but has this been tossed around yet in this thread?

that the guy being shown as the now dead attacker isn't really the actual attacker?
What if "they" took the real attacker's body (dead or alive) off to some secret lab for experiments and just used the body of someone who happened to be disposable to sell this story as a "bad drug story"?

Can anyone confirm from the images being shown that it really was that guy? imo I couldn't even tell they were two different skin colors from those video shots... could have switched...

just sayin... carry on.

from what I've seen of the footage shown by the security camera and a few still photos initially released, it was clear to me that of the 2 men involved, one was light skinned, caucasian/European and the other was dark skinned, Hatian/African. The dark skinned perp also had the firmer, taught skin texture indicative of African ethnicity. The appearance and the muscle tone in the perp's upper and lower legs is also consistent with the age we are being told the suspect was, early 30's.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

guess I'll have to accept the official story then, hey at least you noticed the differences, I couldn't tell at all...probably the shock of just seeing it doesn't allow my brain to notice.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Ok ! Great retorts. What would I do ? Who could accurately answer such a question ? I'm not trying to get around answering it so I'll do my best. I would have at least, out concern for both men, would have used my taser
first. Then if there was no affect I would have followed up immediatly the way the officer did. Just enough difference to give both a chance to survive the day.

Your bravery is commendable Mr. Randy.

If you watch the video that includes the preceeding moments the policeman arrives, you will see his reaction when he gets out of his car and becomes aware of what is actually taking place. There is a significant pause between the moment it appears he addresses the attacker, and the moment he fires his first shot. IMO, you can tell that this cop did not just walk up to the situation with guns-a-blazin' and actually deliberated over how to react, even if briefly, which is to be expected in not only this situation, but daily for law enforcement officers.

From my understanding, this officer is currently and will continue for some time, in phychiatric therapy because of the nature of this event.

Also of note, once the paramedics got there, they did not approach the surviving victim for several minutes, despite the fact that he may have been calling out to them, or in obvious distress. I believe these men were scared. Period. And that includes the responding officer & the ones who showed up later. NO ONE approached the carnage, didn't even want to get close to it, for a substantial amount of time, even with the possibility of the victim losing his life due to the delay.

Whatever the details may be, these men were frightened. Something disturbed them enough to avoid the vicinity of the attacker, even at the peril of the man they had come to save. Who knows what else was said by the attacker or witnessed by the responders that we are not privy to?

just food for thought from ya sista'

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I know this for sure.
We're all perfectly rational people trying to figure out something the MSM has brought us that is completely
irrational. I guess it's all just to hard for me to believe.

So I would love to have this Eugene guy alive. But things are what they are and I don't want to sound like the officer made the wrong decision, if this is all as it's being told. I mean hell for all I know if it was me ? I might of jumped right back in that cruiser. And hauled ass home, crawled in bed and stayed there till someone found me all curled up in the fetal position. That cop deserves a vacation.

edit on 31-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I remember a story a few years back where a man killed someone on a bus and began eating their ears or something like that. It's just mental illness, nothing more. Had the victim been carrying a gun he could've shot off his attackers face. I know I would if somebody tried to eat my face. There's too many nutjobs out there anymore, and I'm always scanning the area, no matter where I go. It's unfortunate that we have to live with animals, but it's been going on since the dawn of time. This is nothing new. Protection is the key...that is, if you are serious about living as I am.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join