It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Eating Victim's Face Shot And Killed By Miami Police: Report

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo

He wasn't a zombie. He lived until the end. Who are you talking about?

He got shot by the sherriff at the very end, they thought he was a zombie.
edit on Wed May 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
did the victim just let the attacker eat his face? what is the story to that

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Thank you for replying, those were racist remarks the other ats guy was saying, pure stupidity

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
did the victim just let the attacker eat his face? what is the story to that

the 65 yr old victim got his head kicked in while he was sleeping, twhen he was dazed, he striped him first....then munched....it went on for over 15 mins ffs...

i still feel sick

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by cuervo

He wasn't a zombie. He lived until the end. Who are you talking about?

He got shot by the sherriff at the very end, they thought he was a zombie.
edit on Wed May 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: quote trimmed

I know this. I was replying to Racist Dude who was saying that he was the first fast zombie and that he had a basketball and fried chicken or something (mods removed his post and I don't remember exactly).

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

MIAMI (AP) – A homeless man whose face was mostly chewed off in a bizarre, vicious attack faces a bigger threat from infection than from the injuries themselves, according to experts on facial reconstruction. He will require months of treatment to rebuild his features and be permanently disfigured.

Though gruesome, such severe facial injuries are generally not life threatening. The most serious risk to Ronald Poppo as he remained hospitalized Wednesday were germs that may have been introduced by the bites of the naked man who attacked him. One of the 65-year-old's eyes was also gouged out.
"The human mouth is basically filthy," said Dr. Seth Thaller, the chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine.

Now this sounds like a zombie type reaction:

A witness described Eugene ripping at Poppo's face with his mouth and growling at a Miami police officer who ordered him to get off the homeless man. The officer shot and killed Eugene.

"He had his face eaten down to his goatee. The forehead was just bone. No nose, no mouth," said Sgt. Armando Aguilar, president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police.

The rest of the article talks of a long road to recovery with plastic surgery to rebuild the face and keep out any infection.

I'm still confused by the remark made by the brother of the one who was shot and killed:

Eugene's younger brother said he was a sweet person who didn't drink much or use hard drugs.
"I wish they didn't kill him so he could tell us exactly what happened. This is very uncharacteristic of him," said the brother, who asked for anonymity to protect his family from harassment.

Umm, okay.....tell that to the guy in the hospital, I'm sure he would disagree.

www.usatoday.com...

Man oh man, regardless, this guy sure was messed up........and now his victim will be scarred for life, literally.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

He was up to something that day, his girlfriend should have questioned him before leaving the apt. I think its voodoo related.

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm still going with hoax. The camera adjusting looks fishy to me and there is no way I would put such a thing past the MSM. Why they would do it? May remain to be seen. Why do they lie about anything ?
I myself wonder how people can say, " Oh we know the MSM is full of crap ". But do you have any proof they're
fabricating this story ?

For me, once I've been lied to enough I don't believe anything you say even if it's truth. So why should I try to prove it's a hoax ? No one is asking for proof the story is real. Anyways give it some more time and we'll see what else turns up. K?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm still going with hoax. The camera adjusting looks fishy to me and there is no way I would put such a thing past the MSM. Why they would do it? May remain to be seen. Why do they lie about anything ?
I myself wonder how people can say, " Oh we know the MSM is full of crap ". But do you have any proof they're
fabricating this story ?

For me, once I've been lied to enough I don't believe anything you say even if it's truth. So why should I try to prove it's a hoax ? No one is asking for proof the story is real. Anyways give it some more time and we'll see what else turns up. K?

I agree. I'm not sure why all these discerning skeptics of MSM are all of the sudden eating it up like candy just because something "zombie-like" happened (or didn't).

From the beginning none of this rang true for several reasons, and the surveillance camera panning around sure is one of them.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Star for you.

How many outrageous stories can they throw at us before we don't believe anything at all?

I mean, the whole premise is outrageous, even though I am not stating an opinion yet.

A black man, naked, attacks a homeless man. Isn't that some subliminal Trevon attacking Zimmerman message?

Strips him down, then starts eating his face? I've saw the "pic" elsewhere, of course, and that is sick. It's also attributed to a Pakistani bombing victim.

The point is, the media is twisting facts and presenting inaccurate information, and they've been doing it for years. However, the sheeple believe it.

The media should quit taking "bath salts!"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Ya,
Just like all the crap that's always falling out of the sky, but we never see any of it. Satelites, planets, Elenin.
Not to mention politics, aliens, terrorists, Russians, Chineese, Al queda. All seeded and watered daily by your mind numbing media. And they talk to us like we're idiots while they do it all.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Because most people are.

I take comfort in meeting a few that are, for lack of a better term, "awake".

Nuff said, lest we be off-topic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I think we're actually talking about why I think this is a hoax. So I think we're ok but either way you're right.
Nuff said.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I just found a photo of the incident minutes after it took place. It shows both the attacker and victim on the ground. I imagine this is already in the newspapers and magazines though, unless I found a photo that was leaked?

Either way, I'm not posting it here. That would probably get me banned.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The only thing i think that is being blown out of all proportion, is the Zombie Angle. The MSM have been using it in some of their headlines, to me that is the part that is fearmongering.

I still think this actually happened. The attacker wasn't a zombie, i very much doubt he was a psy-op, i doubt this is a Government biological/chemical test. I believe the only chemicals this guy may have had in his system is hard drugs that sent him into a violent psychosis, whether that be PCP, '___', Bath Salts, or all combined. Who knows until the toxicology report is issued. If the Toxicology report comes back clean, it may be likely he was completely off his rocker.

I don't quite understand why you think that this shouldn't be in the news? Do you think that these things should be hidden from us? Do you think that this stuff shouldn't be reported? Do you think that this kind of thing hasn't actually happened before? It has and will continue to sadly.

Did you believe the Vince Li Cannibal Greyhound Bus Murder, was fabricated and a hoax? That was just as insane and horrible as this situation.

I truely understand your mistrust for the MSM, and they are likely embellishing some things in this story to get the viewers, mainly the Zombie Angle (which people are lapping up), maybe using a couple of other smaller things, like naming certain drugs as fact when the toxicology report hasn't been issued. But that's what they do. If there's a shocking story, they will report it and they will speculate until newer evidence is brought to the table. Because they embelish some things to attract more attention to it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. But to be honest, with stories as gruesome as this, they don't really need to embellish anything, because people will be attracted to a story like this, the same way people are attracted to stories of serial killers and other gruesome acts. It's basic human curiosity and out of this basic human curiosity, we will also speculate until new evidence is brought to the table.

I hear people say, "OMG this is like something out of a horror movie or Zombie film" etc. Well you know what. Real life can be just as scary as a horror film and Zombie movie combined. Some people really do commit heinous acts of violence in the real world. Whether it is under the influence of drugs, whether they are seriously mentally ill, out of passion, anger and jealousy, atrocities of war or just because they enjoy doing it.

Did you watch this video posted a couple of pages back? It has new footage, and also explains about a security guard manning the camara to get a better look from the 4:10 mark. But as you don't trust the MSM and are so stuck in you views that this is all a Hoax, i would imagine you all think this is fabricated also.

edit on 31-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by randyvs

A black man, naked, attacks a homeless man. Isn't that some subliminal Trevon attacking Zimmerman message?

Strips him down, then starts eating his face? I've saw the "pic" elsewhere, of course, and that is sick. It's also attributed to a Pakistani bombing victim.

Why does everything these days have to be related back to the Treyvon-Zimmerman case?

"OMG, a black man viciously attacked a homeless man, it must be subliminally related to the Treyvon-Zimmerman case"

Jesus, give it a rest already. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar,.

Also, do you have proof that the picture floating around of the mauled face of Ronald Poppo is actually a Pakistani bombing victim?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Did they say, " A Miami Herald security guard " ? Really ! That's convienient.

Alright any way if I'm right we may never know. But if we give it some time, we may see some things that don't add up. I'll even concede for the moment.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just the fact that there are at least 2 cases of a naked man in Florida trying to eat another person, within 2 months of each other, is quite disturbing and just a little odd.

Maybe there's more to this than just some crazy guys...

The other case I mention was blamed on '___'.

---

"after he allegedly tried to bite another man while naked.

The incident began when officers from the West Miami Police and Miami-Dade Police departments responded to the 2300 block of Southwest 58th Avenue Thursday afternoon to a call of a completely naked man exhibiting bizarre behavior, Miami-Dade Police spokesman Alvaro Zabaleta said.

Zabaleta said the caller told police that the man was trying to bite his neck and tear his clothes off."

www.nbcmiami.com...

He was also described as a good kid.
---

Some other similar bizarre stories:

www.northjersey.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

I know people can be weird but this is just peculiar.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Did they say, " A Miami Herald security guard " ? Really ! That's convienient.

Alright any way if I'm right we may never know. But if we give it some time, we may see some things that don't add up. I'll even concede for the moment.

She did indeed say that. But it could well of been a mistake. She may well of been trying to say "A Miami Security Guard", but as she was talking about the "Miami Herald Videographer" taking a look at the footage moments before, she could have slipped up her words. It does happen.

Alright then. We both have differing opinions, and i guess we should agree to disagree, until either some damning evidence or even possible inconsistencies are brought to the table in the coming days, weeks or months.

We may likely never know the full extent of the story (as you stated) and why it exactly happened as it seems it was completely random and the attacker is dead. Toxicology reports may shed some light, but if they are clear, who knows. If they are clear it will likely be touted that he was mentally unstable, if it shows drugs in his system it will be touted as drug related psychosis. I'm hoping that Poppo pulls through and can possibly shed some light on things, whenever that would be possible. But that may not happen if the injuries he has suffered are as severe as the pictures floating around depicts. And if i'm to be honest, if i had injuries as severe as what is being shown, and went through something like that, i'm not even sure i'd want to pull through.

Until then, all we have to go on are Police and Witness statements, statements from Family and Friends, the timeline leading upto the event, CCTV footage, pictures of the aftermath and the reports from the MSM.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is so so strange and reminds me of a mother in Texas who ate her 3 week old son´s brain and face (last year i think)
Then there are also a few other cases mentioned, bus cannibal, guy throwing his own intestines etc. This is all not very unusual, lots of crazy people out there but in all these cases it was done in plain sight, when other people are watching and that strikes me as strange. Drugs?

I´m surprised so many intelligent ATS members know almost nothing about different drugs and effects they have on humans so they just assume it is the drug everybody talks about.

'___' - psychedelic, people get visual hallucinations, not exactly known to make people aggressive

Mephedrone - (bath salt, meow meow) is a synthetic stimulant known to have effect of DECREASED hostility, also appetite loss and locked jaws-teeth grinding, seems pretty useless if you wanna munch on someone´s face

PCP - (angel dust) is a dissociative and hallucinogenic drug, loss of boundaries, euphoria, may induce feelings of strength and power BUT this is also a anesthetic drug, low dosages lead to numbness, high dosage leads to anesthesia and (excerpt from wiki) ´studies show that media reports of PCP-induced violence are greatly exaggerated and that incidents of violence were unusual and often (but not always) limited to individuals with reputations for aggression regardless of drug use´

I´m not yet convinced...

Methamphetamine - (meth, crystal meth, ice) is a psychostimulant that can increase alertness, concentration, energy, and in high doses can induce euphoria, enhance self-esteem and increase libido, excessive feelings of power and invincibility. In my opinion this could be it if there were drugs involved in the first place.

We do have to take into consideration that the government and media in USA are always happy to throw in the ´drugs did it´ bs while the rest of the world often reports of a mental health issue, psychosis induced incident etc. mainly because there are thousands of people taking these drugs all over the world and we don´t hear about these type of incidents happening every Saturday at clubs and whatnot. So, why are people all of a sudden starting to eat other people and why are European lsd and meth not as effective?

edit on 31-5-2012 by Exitt because: .

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join