It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones to the rescue ~ Repairing local economies in Ohio, coming to your State soon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just found this article, I hadn't heard about this and figured the uavs were tied to DHS.
Here is a quoted section;

Is your state in need of a growth industry that can employ large numbers of people and contribute to the local economy? You may want to consider expanding your state’s role in the drone industry. It may sound like an unusual way to rebuild local economies, but that’s just what a number of states around the country have decided to do. Ohio, in particular, has made attracting the drone industry a major component of its statewide economic strategy, hoping to encourage local economic growth and create jobs by making the state the premier location for drone testing and research in the U.S.

Rebuild Your Local Economy With the Drone Industry

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah man great lets create jobs by building the police state. At least we will all have jobs and something to eat and maybe they will take the boot off our necks long enough for us to swallow those meals... Honestly I am never ceased to be amazed at how effin stupid people can be...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow....right in your face public! Are you desperate enough to participate in your own enslavement just to keep possibly paying your bills for a few more months/years? I pray drones will not be a growth industry but unless the public immediately raises a furor it will go ahead just like FEMA. the TSA, blah blah blah.
All those empty factories could be pumping out predators!
Horrible.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
So people can now participate in their loss of freedoms. Sweet!

"Can't get a job? Help us to create the Police State of America."

Sadly, many will do this out of a misguided sense of patriotism and/or lack of other employment opportunities.

Didn't Hitler have his prisoners dig their own graves?

Peace

edit on 26-5-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ya... no...... I would rather be on the street than do this... I must be picky.. I bet they can get mexicans to do it.. They do anything cheap..(NO not being racist just stating they do anything is stuck up american wont do as jobs..)

::EDIT::

Advisor Nice work on the super Mod position.. I havent seen ya in forever...
edit on 5/26/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Seems old Ben Franklin nailed it again when he pointed out that those who would trade freedom for a little security deserve neither. This is not just sad but so deeply pathetic that words utterly fail to capture it.

Truly, I'd rather die scrabbling for morsels....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hate Ohio

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just locally someone told me about what they heard from a local caller of my area(Inland Pacific NW) who phoned the InfoWars nightly show:
N. Eastern corner of Washington State, I am guessing small city in Pend Oreille County? That would be Newport, Washington. Or maybe Coville in the neighboring county. Former FEMA director executive /L3? is in local office now. Said to use drones starting there. From the show this past Thurs or Fri.
Getting this out there and looking forward to more info.

edit on 26-5-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Those drones need to be operated when they are in the sky. Talk about a jobs miracle!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hi, freedom fans.

DON'T YELL / BITCH AT THE OP ! !

There is another place where a company name is Monsanto ! ! ! ! ! ! !
. . .and we don't talk about the other places where they build:
tanks !
fighter jets !
missiles !
ANY armament ! !
. . .etc. . .
! ! ! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ! !

Soooooooooo don't have that insincerity and
DON'T YELL / BITCH AT THE OP ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here is some more info on the developing situation. A great source of info, but I cant get the map image to load..
Just an empty box for me, browser maybe, or is it not showing for yu guys too?

DoD Current and Future U.S. Drone Activities Map

June 12, 2012 in Headline

The following map depicts the approximate locations of current and planned Department of Defense unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) activities inside the U.S. The locations, service branches, and types of UAS flown were obtained from several publicly released DoD presentations.

Military Drone map & base locations

top topics

join