It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has low enriched uranium for five bombs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

That's the whole reason all of this stuff has been slowly escalating in the MSM. It started with the building of the facilities, moved to the 10% enriched, them 20%, now they are saying they found some 27%, and now with this "enough to build five bombs" business. Sad thing is that this is how TPTB always work to get what they want, and it looks like it will probably work once again

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Gah will they make up their minds they do they dont they do they dont they do they dont. They just need to stop this stupidity I cant believe a word THEY say anymore. who cares anyway let them do what they want to isreal they would get their asses kicked anyway

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Uh huh. Have you ever heard of Joe Wilson and Valarie Plame? Food for thought.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Oh yeah, I know what you mean.

You have to bear in mind that this "enough for 5 bombs" is coming out of the "think tank" which is what this article is on about. The IAEA would never say something as inflammatory, they stick to the facts. The bulk of this story is BS designed to up the ante.

It would be as accurate if I stated that in 10 years I might have enough plutonium to make 1 million bombs.

I don't now, nor do I have a nuclear program at all but I might in the future so you may as well bomb me now...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
More propaganda for the sheeplenation. Its incredible that intelligent people have not asked the obvious question: what would Iran gain by developing a nuclear warhead? Absolutely nothing. Anyone who believes Iran is a threat is deeply misinformed(actually idiotic).

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by pirhanna
That's quite a propaganda bit. Low enriched uranium can't be used for bombs and they don't need to enrich it a little more, they'd have to enrich it like 70% more to get bomb grade material.

They are relying on public ignorance to push fear.

You can make dirty bombs from much lower quality and quantity.
But, that of course is ignorant propaganda as well I guess.

There is quite a bit of difference between a dirty bomb and a nuclear bomb.

The difference is that one kills several thousand painfully slow over several months while the other kills several million instantly.

What ever happened to killing one being too many?

edit on 26-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The difference is that one kills several thousand painfully slow over several months while the other kills several million instantly.

What ever happened to killing one being too many?

Supposedly al qaeda has a dirty bomb, that would actually be fitting since the usage of something of this nature is in keeping with terrorists and not a soverign nation, which Iran happens to be.Iran has also been cooperative with the IAEA (unlike Israel) the only they have said no to is strangers trapsing around their countryside. (wonder why, since much sounds more like spying and intelligence gathering than IAEA inspections... but I suppose that is beside the point.)

And who has the most Nuclear weapons and has demonstrated the mental instability to actually use them on a civilian population? Yes, thats right! United States of America!

Not Iran... sadly... Iran has demonstrated a desire to obtain nuclear power and a willingness to join the world in the 21st century with the rest of the human race and have a country where her peoples are prosperous.... (some threat that is!)

and for this, who appears on the scene with the most disregard for that 'even one human life' that you so nicely spoke of? Again, the Unites States of America and her citizens are the ones screaming ever so loudly to kill and destroy that human life... lives... millions do not even matter to you warmongering people....

who cares right? after all, someone told you to be scared of others and not your own leaders!

I however, prefer to use my brain.... it is really not difficult, I implore more people to make this leap
edit on 26-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I appreciate the condescending tone but...

We have had quite a few members on this site who foam at the mouth while they spew with glee that Iran are supposedly experts at asymmetrical warfare.

Dirty bombs suit that type of warfare better eh?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MatungaMassala

Irans nuclear program is a JOKE! What this issue is if Iran sells Nuclear Material For a Dirty Bomb to Terorist Orgs.
THAT...is the problem. Split Infinity

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I appreciate the condescending tone but...

We have had quite a few members on this site who foam at the mouth while they spew with glee that Iran are supposedly experts at asymmetrical warfare.

Dirty bombs suit that type of warfare better eh?

i don't trust rabid dogs, nor do i find them intelligent.... they do go for the throat and porvoke fear.... its those who foam and are rabid who are your difficulty.... apparently you find them worthy of breath, and even stimulating intellectually....... speaks volumes

that said, when was the last time Iran invaded another country or did commit an act of war?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yet, I'm supposed to take your argument more seriously because you said so but theirs is moot? I read all replies and judge for myself whether their view and talking point have merit.

I'll consider Dirty bombs as a plausible risk

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It takes much longer to get from 0% to 20% than it does from 20% to 70% nuclear enrichment.
Just a little tidbit of info.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
that said, when was the last time Iran invaded another country or did commit an act of war?

Let's see their active funding and training of Hamas and Hezbollah and their proxy wars in Iraq and Israel both act of wars and then of course there was the assassination attempt of the Saudi ambassador on US soil.

But of that never happen that is just "propaganda".
edit on 26-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Let's see their active funding and training of Hamas and Hezbollah and their proxy wars in Iraq and Israel both act of wars and then of course there was the assassination attempt of the Saudi ambassador on US soil.

But of that never happen that is just "propaganda".
edit on 26-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Hamas is in Palestine... I suppose helping people to financially defend themselves against people who are committing genocide is a bad thing now?

Hezb Allah is in Lebnon... same thing... and Hezb Allah is not bad people, they do wonderful things for helping the people financially after their homes got bombed and destroyed by Israel....

As far as granting some aid to the shia of Iraq what is wrong with this? A foreign country was attacking them! they need to rebuilt their homes and businessses and be cared for too.....

Iran helps the shia peoples of the world who need desperately help, and they help some sunnis like hamas as a kindness
edit on 26-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Truthfully, Bushesher nuke facility is a mish mash of two or three designs built over a couple of decades and placed in an atmosphere where even stainless steel will rust in the humid 130 degree salty air....
If anything the place is in more danger of accidents than Irans is of getting to 90 %.....i most humbly submit.......
It has been widely rumoured Iran has aquired a few nukes from one of the stan states after the breakup.....and this is possible....
Though a device must be maintained to work over time in storage......do they have that capability?
The question is not about Iran, It is about human morals.....
will the morals of the people... whose goverments are planning this madness......be strong enough to stop the maniacs from blowing up the whole damn asylum?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Alright you jerks you are now scaring the wrong people with your rediculous theories about WWIII and friggin Iran.It will be AIRSTRIKES not ground fighting and we will dominate the airspace without a problem.There are some on this forum who think we are going to harm them as a result of the possible conflict.You heard me, they think we mean them harm HERE so tell them the known FACTS not a theory.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Not Iran... sadly... Iran has demonstrated a desire to obtain nuclear power and a willingness to join the world in the 21st century with the rest of the human race and have a country where her peoples are prosperous.... (some threat that is!)

Yea denying the inspectors admittance to those faculties when you signed to treaty to allow them, that shows how ready Iran is to play ball. Not saying the US is a angel in this, but be real! Iran is playing a shell game with it. How many faculties did they build that they didn't admit to??? Kind hard to hide stuff of that magnitude from current technology
Plus your Israel angle is not realistic when they [meaning Israel] never signed on to that treaty.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Iran doesn't have sh$t my friend. The west needs a reason to conquer and obtain resources, just the way they always did. Just the same way they did with Iraq and the entire Middle East.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You can make dirty bombs from much lower quality and quantity.
But, that of course is ignorant propaganda as well I guess.

And by this standard we can accuse many nations around the Globe of attempting to make "Dirty Bombs"

For those who do not know, a "Dirty Bomb" is when you use conventional explosives such as Dynamite and mix it with radioactive material.

The fact is the level of enrichment that Iran has been doing is the same level of enrichment commonly used in reactors all across the Globe. Unless there is actual evidence of these "dirty bombs" than what you are doing is nothing but pure speculation at best. Do you have some evidence of Iran producing a dirty bomb? Using a dirty bomb? Of course you don't!

Even by your own admission, one could make a dirty bomb with less enrichment than what Iran has admitted to, but guess what? They have not used a dirty bomb have they? Does this not tell you anything? If Iran has the capability to produce a dirty bomb, and they have not made one, have not attacked Israel with one, have not even suggested they would, what exactly is the point of your post?
edit on 27-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Bad news unwelcome: Israel refuses to listen to US envoy’s report on Iran:

TextTop Israeli officials have refused to meet the US envoy to the P5+1 group, who arrived in Jerusalem with a report on recent talks with Iran. The diplomatic démarche comes as relations between the two countries strain over Tehran’s nuclear ambitions. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman arrived in Israel on May 25, a day after the group of six (Britain, China, France, Russia, and the United States plus Germany) ended their unsuccessful negotiations in Baghdad. She had intended to brief Israeli officials about negotiations between Iran and the P5+1. But both Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak became unexpectedly unavailable to meet her.

www.rt.com...

TextThe IAEA suspects that Iran has raised its enrichment threshold towards weapons-grade level. The hunch is based on evidence found at the Fordo enrichment plant a day after P5+1-Iran talks ended with no agreement. The UN's atomic agency reportedly found traces of uranium enriched up to 27 per cent, diplomats told AP. This is seven percent higher than Iran’s known enrichment grade. Even though this is substantially below the 85 per cent (and often higher) level normally required for weapons-grade uranium, the IAEA suspects that Iran has moved closer to producing the material needed to arm nuclear missiles. The IAEA said, in the report issued on Friday, that it was asking Tehran to explain the nature of the traces. Iran says the find was a technical glitch. Even though it was not mentioned in the report, if Iran was intentionally increasing the level of its uranium enrichment, analysts and diplomats say Iran's version sounds plausible. Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Tehran's envoy to the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency, said the finding’s been blown out of proportion for political reasons.

If they want a war - they will have a war and we folks will be the Cannon Fodder!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join