It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TV-Studio Design We Are Unwittingly Acting Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
TV is the basic inspiration for our realities today, the standard reality-creation device. The dom-society flood your screens with various shows, all apparently separate, in order to validate the 'reality' of your reality-notions, your personal TV show, which really has been created by them in the first place. The technique is to create validation from a large number of sources, thereby solidifying that notion of reality in our minds. From there, we design our sets, do our casting, and write our scripts, after that format. This is the technique of the dom-society to get the masses to formulate their realities in a certain way, but this isn't their inherent power. This is just the way reality works, that they utilize for their own purposes. Through proper understanding, and utilization of that understanding, we can use these same techniques to design our own realities.

They flood your screens with standard sets, props, character-themes, and demonstrations of proper and improper moral-behavior. This programs our minds to think things 'are' a certain way, or 'should be' a certain way. Suddenly, we find the characters that we have seen on our screens in our lives! Suddenly, the plot structures we have noticed on our screens can be found in our lives! Your 'reality' is really just your own little section of the large-scale TV-studio society that is America. Develop your own characters, your own plots, your own set. Take control of your little slice of this industry. Develop your inner-reality thoroughly, and then bring about a merger with your inner-reality and your outer-reality. From here comes the great game of life, a playful interaction between the inner-world and the outer-world, where each flows into and inspires the other.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Throw the evil thing out!

I havent had a television for many years and its FANTASTIC!!

My life is my own. I freely without influence run my own life.

TELEVISION.
Murder, Rape, Torture, all delivered in the most graphic detail possible, directly into your childrens minds, every day. Then they tell us its bad parenting.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Not threes company

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes. For example, I grew up learning that to speak with your mouth full of food is bad mannerism. Well, in the 90's, sitcoms such as Seinfeld, frequently portrayed characters talking whilst chewing. Now, this seems to be commonplace in America, socially acceptable: everywhere I turn I am at once bombarded with food and nonsense.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Throw the evil thing out!

I havent had a television for many years and its FANTASTIC!!

My life is my own. I freely without influence run my own life.

TELEVISION.
Murder, Rape, Torture, all delivered in the most graphic detail possible, directly into your childrens minds, every day. Then they tell us its bad parenting.

The internet is far worse as far as those things go. The beheading that happened in Iraq awhile ago wasn't shown on TV but children went to go see it online. So I wouldn't say TV shows things in the most graphic detail possible.

In the 90's, sitcoms such as Seinfeld, frequently portrayed characters talking whilst chewing. Now, this seems to be commonplace in America, socially acceptable.

Maybe in the South? I've heard rumors of some of the unsavory stuff they do.
edit on 5/27/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
The internet is far worse as far as those things go. The beheading that happened in Iraq awhile ago wasn't shown on TV but children went to go see it online. So I wouldn't say TV shows things in the most graphic detail possible.

On the internet YOU choose what you want to view.
On the television THEY choose what you will view.

In the uk you will see ADULT programs being advertised during the day when children are watching. Its not possible to sheild them from this unless you remove the telly.

I agree that ANYTHING can be viewed on the internet but its your choice.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Turq1

On the internet YOU choose what you want to view.
On the television THEY choose what you will view.

In the uk you will see ADULT programs being advertised during the day when children are watching. Its not possible to sheild them from this unless you remove the telly.

I agree that ANYTHING can be viewed on the internet but its your choice.

Since children were brought up I was speaking from that context. The TV is pretty tame compared to the internet, so it isn't the most graphic detail possible since what they show could be a lot worse. Most kids internet usage isn't monitored.
edit on 5/29/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join