It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the gospel of jesus?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
IF jesus was all knowing and all powerful then HE WOULD BEEN ABLE TO MAKE A BOOK WITH HIS WORDS MAGICALLY APPEAR FOR ALL.

lets examine: is it not claimed that the "good news" is biblically decalred to be meant for all "jews and gentiles"???

then WHY WOULD JESUS USE GHOSTWRITERS and risk the good news not going to more people.

2 great and quick ways to debunk the greatest story ever sold....read it....use your mind.....

these words were written and promoted by the priesthood which controlled the people by using fear, superstition and then punishment and hope.

if you did not pay your 10% tithe then you either had to kick out some booty to the priests, get pimped by the priests, let them "raise" your children, lose your property to them, get human sacrificed etc.........

you awake now?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

Nope...

You're putting me to sleep...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Amazing how people become ridiculous when they try to over educate everything including the gospels are some how more fake because thy can't find what Jesus wrote down but have found what Jesus taught that was wrote down
But other ancient history that was wrote down from people who where taught it is somehow not fake.
Jesus was like a preacher as well and a teacher.
I could play this game.Jesus did not have to write down His teachings to remember them.Teachers and preachers have to write down their messages then remeber them.Therefore people wrote down what Jesus taught without Jesus ever needing to write it down.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You piqued my interest so I'll bite, but before we go any further let me ask you something. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think he didn't have a pencil or paper. If he didn't know how to write that ok too since it is a human construct that was invented and used for business of record keeping and commerce. He did smash the shopkeepers wares remember? Maybe you don't.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

I tried the whole born again scene when I was a kid. It didn't work out.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

Yes it is claimed in the bible that the bible is for everyone, Jesus leveled the playing field. Hence why we call the new religion christianity one because we follow christ but two because it is open to everyone Jew and Gentile. No longer are the Jews solely God's people. Galatians 3:28. Essentially it says we are all one in christ. So point one is debunked. You are confused, you will not outsmart the Lord no matter how hard you try. I used to be athiest and tried to disprove God at every turn, it is thouroughly impossible and is so much more freeing when you just accept the fact that Jesus is the way and the truth. Pray, and read the bible and go to church. Believe me a pastor will do a better job debunking any argument that you present on here than what I can do.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Do you mean the actual physical born again where you get abused? Or the spiritual rebirth which is simply just being baptized?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

The latter, I have never even heard of the first one up until now

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I don't see the massive favoring of "modern" religion, I think it's funny how all of a sudden we call the ancient religions myth now. Surely during their time, they worshipped their religious figures til death. Who wants to bet all religions today will became "myth" in another 2500 years.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If there is one, and i'm guessing there probably is, it is most likely pushed aside like many others that have been found. Reasons for this could be maybe they don't go along with the rest of the extremely edited/changed texts currently circulating throughout todays religious groups.

The Gnostic Gospels are a collection of about fifty-two texts supposedly based upon the ancient wisdom teachings of several prophets and spiritual leaders including Jesus, written from the 2nd to the 4th century AD -though the sayings of the Gospel of Thomas, compiled circa 140, may include some traditions even older than the gospels of the New Testament, possibly as early as the second half of the first century.[1] These gospels are not part of the standard Biblical canon of any major Christian denomination, and as such are part of what is called the New Testament apocrypha

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." 1 Corinthians 1:30

That wisdom, the Word, became Flesh. That wisdom, found throughoutt all books of the Bible, is that man made flesh... the Word from the beginning.

"If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me." John 5:46

"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Really, you tried the spiritual rebirth and didn't take to it? Literally nothing changes when you get baptized the point is just to publicly show that you are a christian.

Yea I've heard some people do a physical rebirth in which to reenact what the womb and birthing would be, I'm not truly sure if its practiced in conjunction with christianity or not, however kids have been killed during these physical rebirths.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Did the people of Jesus’ time believe? Good question, they were eye witnesses

www.religionfacts.com...

Text
Persecution in the early church occured sporadically almost since the beginning, but it was first sanctioned by the government under Nero. In 64 AD, a great fire ravaged Rome. Nero took the opportunity provided by the destruction to rebuild the city in the Greek style and begin building a large palace for himself. People began speculating that Nero had set the fire himself in order to indulge his aesthetic tastes in the reconstruction so, according to Tacitus' Annals and Suetonius' Nero, the eccentric emperor blamed the Christians for the fire in an effort to divert attention from himself. Nero was quite insane, and is reported to have tortured Christians with great cruelties for his own enjoyment. According to the Roman historian Tacitus:

Besides being put to death they [the Christians] were made to serve as objects of amusement; they were clad in the hides of beast and torn to death by dogs; others were crucified, others set on fire to serve to illuminate the night when daylight failed. Nero had thrown open his grounds for the display, and was putting on a show in the circus, where he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or drove about in his chariot. All this gave rise to a feeling of pity, even toward men whose guilt merited the most exemplary punishment; for it was felt that they were being destroyed not for the public good but to satisfy the cruelty of an individual. [13]

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Another slightly important question to consider, would christians read it?

But if there was one, the Catholic church would have probably burned it...of course keeping one for their own collection.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
any and all religions fall into disuse over a timeline.

read your buybull? nowhere is the ancient hebrew religion called "judaism" as a matterr of fact...no one knows what that religions "name" was...it was not lol written down and maybe it did not have a name?

the germans were some of the last europeans christianized circa 1400 ad......today germans have little a clue about their norse or mithradic "roots" their old religions were dumped in favor of the no responsibility/no accountability lure of christinsanity.

the very words of the buybull bear its own bad testimony;
"god says in the day that ye eat of it (adam/eve/fruit of the tree bere# story) ye shall surely die"
"satan says ye will not die but your eyes will be open and ye will be like gods"

Later....

adam and eve eat the forbidden fruit, god admits and supports satans words by repeating that "they are like gods now"

the christains do their metaphorspeak explaining "its a spiritual death" because adam and eve did not die in the day that they ate.

the book is bullshoot, written by generations of kings and priests who used superstition and fear to control the masses like previous priesthoods and todays modern governments do.

wake up.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by surewhynot
If it did exist wich it probably does not ( being as jesus was invented) it would be located in deepest of vatican vaults where no one could ever read it and use it to twist docterin or take power from the church.

"Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." John 2:19

""We heard him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple and in three days will build another, not made by man.'"Mark 14:58

Knowing that the holy spirit inspred men to write these very words, that the temple of God is NOT found in any PHYSICAL structure, why do you choose to think that anyone has to worry themselves that the "Vatican", or any other physical church, has hidden documents? Scripture clearly tells us that the temple of God is not where one "finds" God. Just as the commandments were written on two stone tablets, and that God now writes His laws on our hearts (picture the two sides of a heart), nobody needs a physical church. God isn't a physical church or any physical temple ... God is sought by a humbled heart. God is sought in the privacy of one to one prayer and seeking. God is found by both those who seek Him and by those who don't.

If you could understand that inspired scripture is a tool used by Godto lead us into His truths through the action of the Holy Spirit, that as we read and meditate on the words He testifies to our spirit His meanings.

If you could divorce yourself from the idea that physical churches = God = Bible, perhaps you could cut yourself some slack. If Jesus said that He could, and would, rebuild the temple in three days, all of us - including atheists - could at least know this simple truth. What the Vatican has chosen to do, and teach, is easily proven in scripture to be both false and true. Did it stop them from doing it? No. So again, the physical church doesn't equal the Bible.

"nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Likewise, there is no fear that the Holy Bible doesn't contain all of the gospels. Why? Because He is perfectly capable of leading His Faithful into ALL truths. I therefore do not worry about 'missing' gospels or even 'mistranslations' because I trust Him to LEAD me into the truth.

There is a reason for Christians sitting in churches believing their preachers lies, just as there is a reason for His Faithful who listen to Him. It was and is always the case that people are giving differing measures to serve His purposes. It is just the way it is. But please, do not think that any "church" has more power than God Himself, and your argument that the Vatican has gospels hidden away is just such a belief. Even an atheist would argue that if God existed, He would be Sovereign and would be able to get truth to those He needed to - but time and time again, they know this internally yet express the opposite when arguing about the lack of evidence of God. They, like many Christians, believe also that the Word (Jesus) = the words of scripture. Jesus is the Word that was made flesh, and this is the "good news" of the gospel, the words of scripture that declare that Word.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by EnochWasRight

That bothers me a lot actually. Ask 10 witnesses to an event to describe said event, you rarely ever end up with the same transcription. Most people are incapable of being a pure observer, and always taint it with their own thoughts, prejudices and views. Also perceptions vary. Does that make sense? I would much rather be getting a first hand perspective. I hope I am being clear, sometimes I find it hard to put thoughts into words.

Several points here. First is that this is why we have multiple gospels, each giving the same information with a slightly different perspective. This lends itself to a more full understanding.

The only negative would be disharmony from each person seeing things differently. When you have an Almighty God guiding the authors this is negated. There is no disharmony in the Gospels. This goes against what you said about 10 witnesses. It goes against a natural understanding of multiple writers with the same message.

So as far as why it is done like this, it makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
any and all religions fall into disuse over a timeline.

read your buybull? nowhere is the ancient hebrew religion called "judaism" as a matterr of fact...no one knows what that religions "name" was...it was not lol written down and maybe it did not have a name?

the germans were some of the last europeans christianized circa 1400 ad......today germans have little a clue about their norse or mithradic "roots" their old religions were dumped in favor of the no responsibility/no accountability lure of christinsanity.

the very words of the buybull bear its own bad testimony;
"god says in the day that ye eat of it (adam/eve/fruit of the tree bere# story) ye shall surely die"
"satan says ye will not die but your eyes will be open and ye will be like gods"

Later....

adam and eve eat the forbidden fruit, god admits and supports satans words by repeating that "they are like gods now"

the christains do their metaphorspeak explaining "its a spiritual death" because adam and eve did not die in the day that they ate.

the book is bullshoot, written by generations of kings and priests who used superstition and fear to control the masses like previous priesthoods and todays modern governments do.

wake up.

You confuse the Bible (please note it's correct English spelling) with a physical church. Churches can make a slave to man-made doctrine, just as the religion of science has given its converts multiple theories to explain their creationism, thus enslaving them to a set of theories that govern their actions and beliefs. Science teaches it's converts that they are no different than an animal or beast. Look around, it's clearly evident that this belief is self fulfilling as our prisons overflow, little children are kidnapped and raped in the thousands, and we go to one war after another. This should open your eyes to the reality of the mark of the beast...which is placed on the forehead and the hand....the mind and the actions that follow. Science teaches you that all humans are no different than beasts. Isn't it only logical and obvious that actions follow? God, tells us through the Holy Spirit, that if we succumb to this way of thinking, that the consequences are tragic - that we become those beasts - that we start to sacrifice our children for the love of other idols (money, career, convenience), that we become cold hearted, our love fails, that evilness and wickedness rises, brothers turn against brothers, children disobey their parents, that we start to relabel bad things as 'good', that we murder each other, rape each other, sodomize, exchange natural relations for unnatural relations......

See, it IS perfectly clear why Adam and Eve were not allowed to remain within the Garden. But you are stuck on words that He has given you no understanding of - if the love of truth is in your hearts, it will lead you to seek Him for these things that you see but don't understand. You can see the beast rising within man, but you cannot SEE it.
Why? God is truth. Man, without God, does not have Truth.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
2 great and quick ways to debunk the greatest story ever sold....read it....use your mind.....

Done and done. Sorry didn't debunk it. Very easy to debunk you however.

these words were written and promoted by the priesthood which controlled the people by using fear, superstition and then punishment and hope.

if you did not pay your 10% tithe then you either had to kick out some booty to the priests, get pimped by the priests, let them "raise" your children, lose your property to them, get human sacrificed etc.........

Mar 12:42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, [fn] worth only a fraction of a penny. [fn]
Mar 12:43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
Mar 12:44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on."

So how does that message support your theory? Sorry it doesn't.

you awake now?

Always was, are you?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join