It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the gospel of jesus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

These points aside, belief in God is belief He can manage his WORD. Any other mindset denies the authority on the subject. There's no point in arguing the context since the Bible produces the history it reveals. Evidence is in the news and in our textbooks.

If you believe in the power of God, you must surely believe his book was written exactly the way he wants it. There is no evidence. Evidence is for science

enoch was right

I do not need you to re-quote Enoch's post for me again and again, especially if you're not going to give him any credit for it.

A man preaches nothing but love, and his words have been twisted through history and used to justify all sorts of horrible deeds both now and in the past; and you try and convince me that God is 'managing his WORD'. It is more than obvious that the only person managing these words are imperfect men with shady agendas.

So answer me this redneck. There are many belief systems with many holy scriptures associated with them. They to are 'producing history' and the evidence is in the news and in the textbooks. Are they right too? Or will you try and convince me of their faults while at he same time ignoring the glaring innaccuracies present in your Holy Book.

Please use your own words this time. Me and Enoch have already had it out and reached an understanding in another thread.

edit on 27/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by buster2010

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Principle of maximum entropy
The principle was first expounded by E.T. Jaynes in two papers in 1957[1][2] where he emphasized a natural correspondence between statistical mechanics and information theory. In particular, Jaynes offered a new and very general rationale why the Gibbsian method of statistical mechanics works. He argued that the entropy of statistical mechanics and the information entropy of information theory are principally the same thing. Consequently, statistical mechanics should be seen just as a particular application of a general tool of logical inference and information theory.

enoch was right
edit on 27-5-2012 by redneck13 because: n

What are you talking about? enoch and I were never even having a discussion. Next time pay attention and reply to the right post.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

I have no idea what you are trying to convey here...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
I read that many books were taken or purposely left out of the bible, including one Gospel where the first sentence said "God is within us, God is around us, you do not need a church made of sticks and stones to worship God."

Gee I wonder why that was left out?

Very simple, friend. If, big word here, Every Christian came to the realization that the true Divine was within them, and that the doctrine of salvation was invented by a control freak church, then the church, which is a giant corporate entity which is probably richer that Saudi Arabia, would be put out of the business of saving souls.

The God and Goddess, Father and Mother, and the Conspiracy to keep us from Knowing

Let's All Face It, We Are God/Goddess

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

i think you're questions are reasonable and i've had those and many more to go along with them. but i will tell you, if you keep dwelling on questions that cannot be answered you will become obsessed and drive your self out of your mind. i've come to realize that even though some of the writing may have been changed, jesus message is still the same. love your god and love your neighbor. his teachings are what "saves" you. it's the right and the only way to live. that my friend is the message in a nut shell. and a good one at that.

link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

I ask you kindly to please read here for a short history of your Bible:

The Dark Bible - A Short History of the Bible

link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

A man preaches nothing but love, and his words have been twisted through history and used to justify all sorts of horrible deeds both now and in the past; and you try and convince me that God is 'managing his WORD'.
It is more than obvious that the only people managing these words are imperfect men with shady agendas.

The Christ taught love true, however we are given the power of choice, should someone pervert the scripture it is no longer God’s word. You have the choice not to believe them. Serpents, false prophets, you have all your answers in the word of the book.

So answer me this redneck. There are many belief systems with many Holy Scriptures associated with them. They to are 'producing history' and the evidence is in the news and in the textbooks. Are they right too? Or will you try and convince me of their faults while at he same time ignoring the glaring inaccuracies present in your Holy Book.

If you believe God writes other books then those books must be true as well.
There are inaccuracies because man says there is, do they know more about the book than the author does?
Inaccuracies claimed to be in the content are irrelevant since the writer knows what is to be understood.
It is all very simple when you come to the understanding that we really are just sheeple and he is the master.

edit on 27-5-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

That is how you study? Open up to random sections? Do you read other books the same way as well?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for the link. My rainy day bookmarks are overflowing now

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

My brain is constantly racing, can't slow it down much. Sometimes writing stuff down helps though

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by buster2010

Is Alexander the Great an invention of man? The first written account of him doesnt appear until 400 years after his death.

Did you forget Alexander had a son Alexander IV of Macedon.

Also you are wrong about written accounts about him.

Callisthenes, Ptolemy Lagides, Nearchus, Aristobulus of Cassandreia. Onesicritus all of these people served with Alexander and wrote about him.

Did you know Jesus' two brothers wrote books about Him? And neither was a believer in Him until after the resurrection? And you might want to tell the historians that you're privy to information they are not:

Dr. Borza says the earliest surviving accounts about Alexander's death available today were written three centuries after he died, so there was not a lot of information to go on...

Eugene N. Borza. Ph.D., professor emeritus of ancient history who taught for 31 years at Penn State University. Dr. Borza, who is also an author of the New England Journal article, previously thought that malaria caused Alexander's demise.

Alexander the Great

Not even Atheist historians deny Jesus of Nazareth was a living, breathing man. They deny the supernatural, but none venture to deny the literal Man named Jesus.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

i honestly wish you the best in whatever truth it is you are looking for. but finding out the truth about God using only a logical way of thinking doesn't work. i know that sounds a bit silly, but you have to take a spiritual approach as well. i would suggest praying.......it's funny how praying works. seems to open up doors and give you peace.

edit on 27-5-2012 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by redneck13

I have no idea what you are trying to convey here...

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by EnochWasRight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are right. The more I pay attention to people around me, the more I feel like an alien....

For example this weekend, memorial day weekend. I hear many people that are supposedly against war, talking up the support the troops hype..... How can you be against war, and at the same time support those that sell their souls for a mere pittance, and do the bidding of the bloodhungry?

It's like saying you are against animal abuse, but support the cock owners in the cockfight rings. It is like being against child abuse, but support the people that traffic children for sex. Etc etc, makes zero sense to me.

I try my hardest to love everyone as my brother/sister, but I still have not found the secret of loving the people that exploit the weak. Try as I may, I cannot relate to people like this. I wish I knew the secret, I cannot even forgive myself some of the things I have done.

You just revealed the secret. Empathy requires love. Love demands repentance. Not demands in the sense of demanding. Love makes us require it of ourselves. The fact that you see the sin in yourself points to the fact you feel for others in the same boat. This is the point the Bible resounds like a clanging cymbal. We are all equally under the curse of sin and death. Love keeps no record of wrongs for those who place themselves in the arms of love. God is love. You see it. You have not taken the name in vain. Sackcloth and ashes reveals it.

enoch was right

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Three Grades of Evidence

There are three different kinds of witnessing recognizable without any need of specialized training. These are:

1. You will be able to recognize in the Bible what may be described as "The Word of God."

2. You will also be able to discern what can be described as the "Words of a Prophet of God."

3. And you will most readily observe that the bulk of the Bible is the records of eye witnessess or ear witnesses, or people writing from hearsay. As such they are the "Words of a Historian"

You do not have to hunt for examples of these different types of evidences in the Bible. The following quotations will make the position crystal clear:

The FIRST Type:

(a) I will raise them up a prophet . . . and I will put my words in ... and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:18)

(b) I even, I am the Lord, and beside me there is no saviour." (Isaiah 43:11)

(c) "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the end of the earth: for I am God, and there is non else." (Isaiah 45:22)

Note the first person pronoun singular (BOLD) in the above references, and without any difficulty you will agree that the statements seem to have the sound of being GOD'S WORD.

The SECOND Type:

(a) "Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? . . ." (Matthew 27:46)

(b) "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:29)

(c) "And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God." (Mark 10:18).

Even a child will be able to affirm that: Jesus "cried" Jesus "answered" and Jesus "said" are the words of the one to whom they are attributed, i.e. the WORDS OF A PROPHET OF GOD.

The THIRD Type:

"And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he, (JESUS) came, if happily he (JESUS) might find anything thereon: and when he (JESUS) came to it, (Jesus) found nothing but leaves . . ." (Mark 11:13)

The bulk of the Bible is a witnessing of this THIRD kind. These are the words of a third person. Note the underlined pronouns. They are not the Words of God or of His prophet, but the WORDS OF A HISTORIAN.
edit on 27-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Name the books that the brothers of Jesus wrote and which brothers wrote them. If these books truly exist then they would be the first thing people would grab to prove he lived.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He had not yet come into His Kingdom. His is a spiritual kingdom, thus you MUST be born again. He clearly said that He will write it upon our hearts. It is of the Spirit and the Holy Spirit is the teacher. You see with your eyes and hear with your ears yet you see not and hear not because you don't look and do not listen.
His gospel is all of truth and truth is fidelity to Him. All else is but a glimmer of the light that shines by and through Him. Without Him all is darkness. He is the manifestation of the spoken Word of Yah that all of creation was born. Read the first sentence in Genesis and see and know that He is the Word of Yah. The Shamash is the conduit for the oil to the other lamps that are lit by Him. His gospel is eternal and was here before us and will endure long after we become dust. Man, though spoken to through the spirit is but a vessel to carry the water that brings life eternal hence the many discrepencies man has with Him because of mans inability to discern truth without spritual guidance. If He were to leave a written operators manual it would now be in it's 2,000th edit and 3'000th publisher but instead He wrote it upon our hearts and gave us a teacher/helper in the Holy Spirit. To deny this is to deny truth and rely upon our own understanding.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Jesus is recorded reading and quoting from the Old Testament, so he was certainly educated. The education would certainly have included writing; consider also he learned his fathers trade. He would have to read and possibly write to continue his fathers business; until he began has preaching at age 30. There is a legend of him writing to a King Abgar of Edessa, check the link to Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The kingdom of God is within you. Be still and know...

What if Jesus wanted to teach you Himself? See also: www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by BBobb

Only the New Testament talks about Christ, and not even the whole New Testament at that. Therefore, no, the bible is not the gospel of Christ.

Wrong. The entire Bible is about Christ. That's why when they were trying to confirm Jesus as the Messiah, they go back to the Old Testament to see if he is fulfilling the prophecies laid about about him by the prophets (clothing being divided for lots, coming from Galilee, nailed to a tree, etc etc etc.).

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

And what if these secrets must be revealed for the right reasons?

I believe that most of what they have hidden from us, we need to know. We deserve to know. We are the followers...is it right to lie to us for a cause they are convinced is our destiny? To preach a religion of morals, and at the same time, commit the greatest fraud ever?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join