It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French MP: US bombed French journalists' convoy!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
tai,

So FDR in your opinion FDR was a despicable reject? Would you rather have sided with USSR and Khomeini? And the point was long before that picture and long after that picture Jacques Iraq was a buddy.

Who do you think put Saddam in power?
Was it a simple coincidence he started a war with Iran the year the US-backed Shah was kicked out?
Why didn't we declare war or propagandize the Iraqi attack on the USS Stark in 1987?
Why did we not put sanctions on Iraq when the Kurds were gassed?
The US was Iraq's little bedfellow the entire time.
Maybe the US just doesn't have as much respect for its client states as France does.
Considering we set up Saddam, used him for years, and them manufactured an enemy out of him, am I supposed to hate France because they call us on it?
If France is really our enemy why did we just send them tons of plutonium?

Get real, pundits are just screwing with your mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

fanoose

This goes to show that are weapons have good accuracy.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Who do you think put Saddam in power?
Was it a simple coincidence he started a war with Iran the year the US-backed Shah was kicked out?
Why didn't we declare war or propagandize the Iraqi attack on the USS Stark in 1987?
Why did we not put sanctions on Iraq when the Kurds were gassed?
The US was Iraq's little bedfellow the entire time.
Maybe the US just doesn't have as much respect for its client states as France does.
Considering we set up Saddam, used him for years, and them manufactured an enemy out of him, am I supposed to hate France because they call us on it?
If France is really our enemy why did we just send them tons of plutonium?

Get real, pundits are just screwing with your mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
U,

Again you assume many things in error, I don�t have hate for the French�I just realize they are not and have not been for some time now the great allies, some would have us believe. As for them being praised for not realizing that he was above and beyond�.wow, was that funny you should try stand up comedy. Their government consistently takes a stupid position and they should be praised for it.
As for the citizenry you�re the only one here making that an issue�.do I have any hope you will take it on board�.nope you�ll just attribute some other argument to me I�m not making. Besides I think you have me mistaken with tiabunssu he is the one that posted that France is a treasonous enemy.

Tia,

I noticed that you didn�t answer any of the questions�.nor have you given the troop levels for Somalia�..you wouldn�t be cherry picking your facts�..if they are facts�.would you?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   

U,

Again you assume many things in error, I don�t have hate for the French�I just realize they are not and have not been for some time now the great allies, some would have us believe.

You haven't found a single kind word to say for them in this entire thread, despite people taking the time and trouble to give you many examples of how they stood by our side. Any contribution they made to our efforts was deemed not good enough by you, as you refuse to realize that France doesn't have to do diddly squat for us if they don't want to. Anything they do for us is proof they are an ally, and since there are so many nations which do less, the fact that you are singling out France for your rants demonstrates beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have a special dislike for them. So my assumption is in fact an observation, and despite your hypocritical denials, it is not so far off base.

Besides I think you have me mistaken with tiabunssu he is the one that posted that France is a treasonous enemy.

Really? Where did he post this? Doesn't sound like him.
Can you provide a link to where he said this, or are you just being immature?

U.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The US attaking journalists? NEVER!!

Any one remember the tank rolling across the bridge into baghdad? The tank puts a shell into the intercontinental hotel.. WHERE THE JOURNALISTS WERE STAYING.

The US bombed the Al-Jazeera office in Kabul AFTER the editor had given them the exact cocordinates.

And several accounts of journalists being shot with "friendly fire".

You are either embedded as a journalist or a valid target like any other civilian.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by upuaut
............................Really? Where did he post this? Doesn't sound like him.
Can you provide a link to where he said this, or are you just being immature?

Like you, he likes to manufacture arguments for others (page 7)......as for your not a kind word....if I�m on fire and someone takes a leak on me to put it out. Yes, they did help, but I�m not going to start shouting from the rooftops what a gallant ally they are...if that's your take on it, you�re entitled to that opinion....but, I don't share it. As for nice thing to say about the French.....I don't believe they import the Renault over here anymore.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Like you, he likes to manufacture arguments for others (page 7)......as for your not a kind word....if I�m on fire and someone takes a leak on me to put it out. Yes, they did help, but I�m not going to start shouting from the rooftops what a gallant ally they are...if that's your take on it, you�re entitled to that opinion....but, I don't share it. As for nice thing to say about the French.....I don't believe they import the Renault over here anymore.

The good will that the French do still harbour in their hearts for the US: you don't seem to deserve it. And unfortunately, quite a few of my fellow Americans think like you.

The more you run your mouth in this manner, the more the relations between the two nations will be strained. We are each and every one of us an ambassador of our nation: a shame only a few of us behave in consequence.

U.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

fanoose

This goes to show that are weapons have good accuracy.

As a disclaimer to your signature:

"If you load your head with dung, dung will shoot out of your mouth."

Applauding the bombing of a French convoy including civilians is just about the lamest thing I have read this year.

U.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Applauding the bombing of a French convoy including civilians is just about the lamest thing I have read this year.

Hmmm since alot of this thread has simply been well this thread. Lets get back to it eh?

Was this convoy an offical French convoy? No
Was it sanctioned by the government? No

Hmmm if it really was a French rescue effort why did'nt they coordinate it with the US forces?

More likely the wishfull ramblings of a couple whos motives are unclear at best. An armed convoy without offical approval running around a war zone? Thats like playing Russian Roulette with all the chambers loaded. But hey if it goes bad we can always blame the Americans eh?

[edit on 10/8/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
More likely the wishfull ramblings of a couple whos motives are unclear at best. An armed convoy without offical approval running around a war zone? Thats like playing Russian Roulette with all the chambers loaded. But hey if it goes bad we can always blame the Americans eh?
[edit on 10/8/04 by FredT]

Well, after reading some of the updated sources, I would have to agree that Brett in particular sounds like one dodgy customer.

Regardless, I don't like to hear people making wise cracks that denote the wish to kill innocent people.

The fact that the French government is distancing itself from these two self-proclaimed 'independant mediators' is certainly a point in their favor of a government I otherwise do not have much respect for.

U.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
On the contrary - not only is France not an ally of the USA, it is usually an active participant in opposing the USA. Fighting terrorism, global trade, deodorant consumption, France opposes the US in most respects.

I think that if France is considered to be a "friend" and an "ally" that we are in dire straits!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
On the contrary - not only is France not an ally of the USA, it is usually an active participant in opposing the USA. Fighting terrorism, global trade, deodorant consumption, France opposes the US in most respects.

I think that if France is considered to be a "friend" and an "ally" that we are in dire straits!

Let's see:

_ France only opposes the method the current US administration has chosen to fight terrorism. To suggest that France opposes fighting terrorism is high on my chart of daft statements witnessed to date.

_ The same goes for global trade. No industrialized country is opposed to global trade, but there are a thousand and one ways to conceive of global trade, and naturally, disagreements arise. For this to be license to consider France not to be an ally is almost as daft as the first claim you made.

_ Deodorant use - this one is so stupid, it doesn't deserve a response.

U.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

����..
Let's see:

_ France only opposes the method the current US administration has chosen to fight terrorism�����.

France opposed both the first and second gulf. De Gaulle and most leaders since ww2 have had a position of leading France away from America, and starting from an opposing position with regard to American policy just as a principal�are you really not aware of these policies? They have been trying to tweak the collective American nose since the late fifties, when we spoke against their colonial aggression with regard to Egypt. You are aware that we spoke against them invading Egypt over the nationalization of the Suez Canal, right?�.which incidentally ties back to a prior post�the original planned site for the statue of liberty.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join