It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good mini-series about Troy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
First episode was last night... Helen of Troy on the USA Network...8-10pm EST...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I ended up taping the first half, and I will probaly tape the second half as well. Looks like a great mini-series.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Not seen the series..probably won't come out here for awhile yet!

Have seen the Odyssey - Armand Assante

The film Troy is getting made...thats going to kick a$$ but all the Classical Study buffs are going to be nit-picking all the minor details!!!!

Looks good though!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
is mostly recounted in myth, and until it's actual discovery, was always thought to be...much like Atlantis. So, there isn't as much to nitpick....
The miniseries seems to be taking a more historical approach (at least so far), but I did see Aphrodite listed in the credits, so I guess they'll bring some of the mythology in as well, such as the judging contest and golden apple, perhaps. BTW...if any of you have never read The Illiad...you're missing out big time. Was required reading when I was in school, but the way schools are now, who knows? Think I'll read it again when I'm finished with "Dreamcatcher"....

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Have done classical studies in high school for 6 years and did Higher in it passing with an A...

I think that its got to have all the major points in it...as you said...the golden apple trial that Paris judged or the minor details that set the secondary plot!

BTW, Gazrok...have read the Iliad..good book!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
RavenStar, your Avatar is smokin'!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Watched the first half w/ my wife last nite. Wasn't impressed. Acting is poor, sets look like they are cheap circus imitations and the actress playing Helen is not the face to launch a thousand ships. The only good thing is you can see her breasts through her clothes... takes the eyes from her face.

Crappy in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I just finsihed watching the first half and I think it was pretty good. Their were a few parts that were'n that great.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hehe...yeah, that helped...

I wouldn't say the acting was bad though...and I guess I was more impressed with the sets...oh well, maybe it's just that I'm glad to see this story on the screen, even if it's the small one...

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Typical males!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I thought it was pretty good, tho i as well didn't think the actress was attractive enough for the part

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've heard Brad Pitt is going to play Achilles in a film.

new topics

top topics

join