It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times columnist calls for government to claim fake alien attack coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"Krugman: Scientists Should Falsely Predict Alien Invasion So Government Will Spend More Money"

newsbusters.org...

But my proposed, I actually have a serious proposal which is that we have to get a bunch of scientists to tell us that we're facing a threatened alien invasion, and in order to be prepared for that alien invasion we have to do things like build high-speed rail. And the, once we've recovered, we can say, “Look, there were no aliens.”

Sounds like a loony idea to me, but it might explain a lot.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

And who owns the NY Times? (I already know, do you?)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sounds like a loony idea to me, but it might explain a lot.

Sounds like a loony idea to me to , maybe you could elaborate on the lot it might explain .
How many scientists do you know that would be willing to put their career on the line to stimulate the U.S economy .... I reckon none .

Seems they guy has form
Paul Krugman, Sociopath

Paul Krugman still an idiot

edit on 26-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok im tired of being a parrot on threads but I cannot find all the posts where I said the same to copy and paste. In short what I would have pasted was:

Let's say that it is 100% false alarm of aliens and all the disinformation with aliens is done to hide something. What would promoting aliens help for? If it is to hide how advanced technology the US have invented, wouldn't brainwashing people to believe there are aliens suggest exactly that humans have such technology as well? So this scenario can be excluded as a reason.

Also alien attack? Even if it were no such thing would happen any time in the next decades or this century. However, a new world war is likely to occur this century.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

He also said "somebody needs to spend"

The global war on terror is costing trillions.....

Financial bailouts cost trillions and trillions.....

And theres all the quadrillions they just STEAL.....

And THEN theres all the black budget expenses you and I rarely get to hear about.....

And this voice for the people thinks we need to spend to solve our problems??????????????????????????????

This is F***ING unbelievable. Lie to the populace to take more of their money and liberty and freedoms, and in the clip NOBODY seems too bothered by this.

Talk about mindf***ing anyone unfortunate enough to listen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

sounds just like the anthropocentric global warming scam

insane lust for money indeed

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Maybe they'll fake one while REAL ones are occurring. Not necessarily attacks but an arrival.

Jim Oberg, I can't figure you out. Why did you post this? To get in ahead of the 'sightings' so you can refer back to this thread?
Why would a 'fake' invasion even interest you?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
How the heck does a high speed rail system on EARTH defend ourselves from Aliens in SPACE???

Loony liberals at it again. I find it hilarious that these people can get away with this and then the most conservative religious politicians are attacked constantly in the MSM for their "outdated" beliefs.

This doesn't even come close!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How many times has the NYT lied.
Or not told the whole truth or just let any investigation pass by because of outside pressure.
How many stars in the sky.
Just kidding but,
How many Tesla star ships in the sky is more like it.
Tesla is too powerful for these alien roomers to be dismissed.
Its protect us from aliens or its doom for wall street.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Liberal government spending? Maybe... but actually a fake alien invasion would be right up the U.S. military / intelligence community's alley, considering it would give them an excuse to strong-arm the world into a homogeneous economy, bring the population down to manageable numbers, and generate an Orwellian surveillance state under their rule.

But of course, for something of that magnitude, you would need an incredibly selfish, close-minded, machiavellian attitude across the upper echelons of all the branches of the US military, and a diabolical willingness to victimize the very civilians they are supposed to protect and serve, indeed a veritable conspiracy between all the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and we all know that would NEVER happen --

-- except of course, when it actually DID happen, in Operation Northwoods in 1962.

In any case, Jim, I agree that this Krugman fellow seems to be off his rocker, but at least he's given the notion some publicity, so if we ever start hearing claims about an alien invasion we'll all know where we SHOULD be looking.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

You forgot also the war on drugs, on immigration and probably other money pits...

... and then there is the question of where the money will be coming from, the US is even more bankrupt than Greece and it just continues to create money out ... vacuum ... 2011 CIA estimations (we all know estimations are intrinsically unprincipled, but take in account the source and the date and you can extrapolate how things are now)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Kind of like Horton hears a Who.
Remember that story?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Walking around London nowadays I'm pretty sure the alien invasion has already happened

And the UK govt. is indeed building a high-speed rail link between London and Birmingham

Seriously though, does anyone know why they need surface-to-air missiles to guard the Olympics

Who on Earth would launch an air strike on London in the middle of the Olympic games ?

edit on 27-5-2012 by quantumfluctuation because: 10am typos

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Why is it NASA shills never have a sense of humor?

Genetics? Ignorance Implants?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

But this would only push people to demand what the technology being hidden is about, where it came from, just waking up one morning with a shiny lit bulb above the head?

Of course since the majority of the population are a bunch of retards and sheep, no one will pay attention.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumfluctuation

Seriously though, does anyone know why they need surface-to-air missiles to guard the Olympics

Who on Earth would launch an air strike on London in the middle of the Olympic games ?

edit on 27-5-2012 by quantumfluctuation because: 10am typos

perhaps it's a solution to drones going rogue, frequencies hijacked by extremists or possibly they'll be watching out for violence equipped vtol's cunningly disguised as ice-cream vans.

airspace will be on lockdown, however, any ground hugging airframe could be problematic so i suppose they are covering their butts just in case. let's hope artillery doesn't get bored and accidently fires off a smiling warhead.

with the underground subway system already packing them in like sardines, it will be interesting to see how they manage multitudes of workers,spectators and tourists alike in such a small footprint.

f.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Jim Oberg, I can't figure you out. Why did you post this? To get in ahead of the 'sightings' so you can refer back to this thread?
Why would a 'fake' invasion even interest you?

He's yanking your chain. Paul Krugman was expressing his frustration at the lack of political will to solve a growing list of global economic and environmental problems. He said he same thing in an interview in Le Monde a couple of months ago. He's joking, but Jim wants to see how far the conspiracy crowd will run with this one without bothering to check their facts.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

He's yanking your chain. Paul Krugman was expressing his frustration at the lack of political will to solve a growing list of global economic and environmental problems. He said he same thing in an interview in Le Monde a couple of months ago. He's joking, but Jim wants to see how far the conspiracy crowd will run with this one without bothering to check their facts.

He's so dumb that he has to create a brand new thread for that?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Please read the context in which this statement was made. It was simply meant as a silly example of Keynesian fiscal stimulus. Besides, it is well known amongst economists that Paul Krugman is a sci-fi freak and likes to give 'sci-fi' examples on his lectures: he claimed on his Nobel Lecture that he was inspired to study economics by Asimov's Foundation books, and he published a tongue in-cheek academic article on intergalactic trade.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
He's obviously being facetious. Use your brain.

new topics

top topics

join