It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney & Edwards..Who will win?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Their debate is coming and attack dog Cheney with his twisted smirk will make mince meat out of Edwards. I hate to say it, and I know Edwards can hold his own, but Cheney IS "AlQaeda and he IS all the lies and the father and founder of every single evil deed since 2000..back up...since 1999.
How do you think this evil warmongerer will do? You think he's going for the jugular vein?
I cant wait for more lies.
He'll try to make up for George.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This debate is LITERALLY going to be like:

Satanic Old Conservative Big-Business Man vs. Southern Young Suave Big-Business Man

Just kidding, but in all seriousness Cheney will be his usual unemotional "face my wrath" self, and Edwards will do what he does best...look pretty for the camera.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It depends...Cheney is a horrible public speaker as far as demeanor and he comes off sounding nasty.

And very few people have a good view of Cheney...a lot look at him as a corporate snake with no soul. He won't wilt like Bush did but he is going to have the same track record to defend against a professional trial lawyer with a positive outlook.

It should be interesting no matter what. I don't the audience will be as big for this one though...we shall see.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In Appearance, I must go with Edwards. Dick Cheney at times can be rather scary, lol. People compare him to Satan himself. But Edwards is a young southern gentleman per-se. I think that Cheney may win the debate in words but it may not seem like it.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
but Cheney IS "AlQaeda and he IS all the lies and the father and founder of every single evil deed since 2000..back up...since 1999.

I have gone out of my way to ignore your bile filled posts for some time dgtempe, but enough is enough. Just what are you saying here? Are you stating that Dick Cheney is Al Queda? And responsible for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon? I believe you are. And I will ask you again to provide one bit of evidence to back up your statements.

And please don't start that "it's my opinion an I am entitled to it" crap you always pull when cornered. Back up the statements you make. Too many here have resorted to using this fine board as mouthpiece to out do each other in a game of "I can insult Bush better than you can;" and you are one of the worst offenders.

Many people come here to try and answer ther own questions about the difficult choices this election presents. Many of us here, Republicans and Democrats alike, try to discuss and debate the issues involved. It is my opinion that the hate filled posts you and others continue to make do a disservice to both sides of the debate, and degrade the quality of a fine and fast growing internet community.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Edwards will do what he does best...look pretty for the camera.

I'm reminded of the funniest caption I ever read for John Edwards. It went something like this-

John Edwards- I'd F@$#'im.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
when's the debate on?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
when's the debate on?

Tuesday.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
can i see it on fox news or cnn?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Im looking forward to the Cheney/Edwards debate more than I was looking forward to the Bush/Kerry debate. Cheney is about as subtle as a brick in the head. Edwards is fairly new to me however, so I'm interesed in seeing how he stacks up.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Edwards is a very successful trial lawyer. Just like Kerry he is a master of of the art of rhetoric and showmanship. Cheney is a very intelligent and down-to-earth businessman. He's not going to dazzle anyone, but if he keeps his cool, he may be able to impress with is smooth-calculated logic. Remember, Cheney's background. He knows the Federal Government and foreign policy better than most people on the planet.

I'd say that it's impossible to tell who will win and you neve know what the impact of the debate will be on the electorate. Very many polls indicated that voters thought Kerry won the debate, but Bush still has higer numbers when it comes to who they're going to vote for.

The debates are only one part of the campaign and people will average it all out.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
can i see it on fox news or cnn?

I would assume so. Any station that carries the Pres debate should also carry the VP one.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think Cheney will be pumping up the fear, while Edwards will be proclaiming "help is on the way". I'm eager to see Edwards step into the ring with Cheney. Cheney is also a master at nonverbal communication (i.e. taking off his glasses in the 2000 debate and then nibbling on them).

However, if Edwards is able to construct a cogent argument (which his history would reinforce), then perhaps he will call Cheney on the fact that he received hundreds of thousands of dollars in severance pay from Halliburton in 2001 and 2002 (even after they got the Iraq bid). The issue is that Edwards will have to stand up to the intimidation, as well as Cheney's political experience.

MK

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I gotta feeling Edwards will out-talk Chaney.

He didnt make all that money as a lawyer being quiet or making alot of mistakes.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Which is which? Rocky and Bullwinkle or Kerry and Edwards. Hard to tell:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Down boy, down!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Seth: Here is what I mean:::::

Cheney is the satanic force and the puppet master. Cheney calls the shots.
Cheney is IS IS the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

No. Im not posting 500 posts just to please you. You can ignore my posts if you dont like them.
What else do you want to know???? You get royally pissed when I say anything like this...How dare I!!!!! Well, its what I believe and many here at ATS feel the same way.
911 was planned LONG before it happened. Live with it. Angry about the debates last night?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All I have to say is, if I have to look at something for the next 4 years, I would rather take Kerry and Edwards !!!

It scares the life out of me to think that Cheney is one breath away from being pres!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
All I have to say is, if I have to look at something for the next 4 years, I would rather take Kerry and Edwards !!!

It scares the life out of me to think that Cheney is one breath away from being pres!!!!

Yes, I would rather have Bush live. Cheney is Faaaar more evil.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Cheney is the satanic force and the puppet master. Cheney calls the shots.
Cheney is IS IS the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks.

911 was planned LONG before it happened. Live with it. Angry about the debates last night?

I must ask you, did you beleive this before or after you actually saw any proof of it? Because it's quite easy to make the facts tell you what you want them to.

Might wanna get that checked out :p

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join