It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Satans Counterfiets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryom

I've linked where I read this. No proof, sorry. Ask santos. I'm not making it up, and didn't mean for it to sound... It's not like that it's like this, its just an alternative to the "gospel" and food for thought.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

for some reason its easier for some ppl to believe in aliens who fly here from light years away only to remain strangely standoffish than to believe in 'angels and demons'.... oh...it must be because aliens dont require a moral commitment.....angels and demons correlates to god and the bible and oooh we really dont wanna go there do we.......
reply to post by ratsinacage

The reason being one is actually a possibility, the other isn't.

"Strangely standoffish", it is what it is. Mind you even with adamant and committed "Ufology" groups, media blackout and government military active engagements of cover up, we know practically nothing.

But as for demons, well maybe there is some truth to it, Jesus certainly believed them to be real, especially in a man he exorcised.

Or maybe that just exposes Jesus and his story as a fraud.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratsinacage
for some reason its easier for some ppl to believe in aliens who fly here from light years away only to remain strangely standoffish than to believe in 'angels and demons'....

oh...it must be because aliens dont require a moral commitment.....angels and demons correlates to god and the bible and oooh we really dont wanna go there do we.......

Thats a perfect flip around from when people say it is just as plausible for there to be beings visiting us somewhere in the past as "believing in some dogma. That's EXACTLY the misdirection used by religious people to BAG OUT those who won't go along with their blinkered belief system. Please, this is NOT an attack, but simply showing the lengths of manipulation that some will go to. Am I manipulating right now? No more or less than the quote to which I have replied

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I follow my own personal "rule of thumb." If it walked on this earth, if it spoke, ate and had sex, reproduced and preformed acts in present time, such as erecting buildings and pyramids, it isn't GOD!

I believe in GOD, but my god doesn't have a corporal body. My GOD is mathematical, empirical and infinite. The psychopathic, schizophrenic, mass murderering character from the Bible is a fraud and an impostor. Every bit of common sense in me tells me this. Therefore, I have to discount just about everything this GOD tells us.

Is Earth subject to the results of a "war in Heaven"? Maybe. Are there other dimensional spiritual entities coexisting with corporal life? You bet! Can they be compartmentalized into two boxes of "good and evil," "angels and demons"? Heck no!

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." James 2:19

"Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together." Deuteronomy 22:11
Do you really think that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is asking me to literally not wear clothing mixed with these two fibres? If yes, then what you think of God has been given to you by others. How about not mixing righteousness with unrighteousness? Wouldn't that be a quality of God that He wishes to pass on? So therefore, I submit that your opinions on God being an evil murderous monster are the same - based on carnal misunderstanding of what He is actually trying to impart to those He calls.

Randy, good thread. "Ancient Aliens" is just the outcome of the fantasy belief in the theory of evolution - that if life evolved here then it MUST have evolved elsewhere - and the result of the huge indoctrination into all things science fiction. It's a self fulfilling want and desire for minds that have been indoctrinated with such information. They cannot see how they were made Godless by those who indoctrinate them with such beliefs. One is what one eats.

Even though the spirit of lawlessness and disobedience has been running rampant among the descendants of Israel, YET AGAIN, we must be clear that God has allowed the deception to sepOarate those whom love Him (truth) from those who love lies. He is in control and allows this deception - not Satan or demons. These spirits control the wicked men in this world to accomplish God's will, not their own will. God raises up Godless men, like Pharoah, to demonstrate His Authority, His Power and His Glory to us all. After all, He is Our Creator and Saviour. Just as Satan was allowed to destroy Job's livelihood, his possessions, his family and his health (look at our society today), God used Satan to correct Job's self-righteousness. First and foremost, a self-righteous person is not teachable. It is virtually impossible to teach a person who thinks and is convinced he is right. However, whenever that person is willing to admit he may be wrong, he has begun to open his mind to instruction. Those who hold fast to the ancient alien theory, or extraterrestrials today, need to ask why they accept it and not God. The answers will be... science and evolution and media and self-righteousness. One proof for me today of 'ancient aliens' deception is their slow indoctrinational turn into these being our 'creator' and 'saviour'. The planners of this huge deception know full well where they are leading people - into the acceptance of another as God. Atheists, by the millions, are falling into this damnable belief and they can't see it. They cannot see where other wicked men have led them. They cannot see their own hypocrisy of rejecting the true Creator for a false one. Self-righteousness - pride - causes us to fall if we are not willing to eliminate it from our lives.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destr0yAllYuppies
Leave it to the dumb Christians to "demonize" anything that doesn't fit into their narrow minded agenda. Sorry Christians, but I actually believe in something that has logic and evidence to back it up. Sorry I do not follow the religion of boy lovers as well...

Logic and evidence.
Right.
Like the fact that mass increases with velocity and goes to infinity at the speed of light? Which would require an infinite source of energy? That we have yet to find evidence of?
Or how about the logic of a civilization that even had the capabilities to violate the laws of physics, which, by the way, if you violate one you violate them all, even then, they use those capabilities to cross infinite gulfs of time and space to come to earth to kill cows and ram sticks up people's butts?

Yours truly,

An SUV-driving, Christian Yuppie

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Murgatroid

Know what my favourite parts of the bible are? The parts where it condones slavery, child abuse, misogyny, war, and rape-marriages.

Because you know... those parts are so Christianly and all

That's all you could come up with to rebut Merg's post?

When all else fails, resort to insults. Got it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I don't see an insult anywhere in my post. I was stating legitimate parts of the bible. Please show me where these alleged insults are.

Or is it that you just resorted to an invalid accusation because you don't like people pointing out that there are plenty of sick and twisted things mentioned in the bible? I'm not trying to take anyone's security blanket away. I'm just pointing out that it shouldn't be considered a set of moral guidelines by any means.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder." James 2:19

"Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together." Deuteronomy 22:11
Do you really think that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is asking me to literally not wear clothing mixed with these two fibres? If yes, then what you think of God has been given to you by others. How about not mixing righteousness with unrighteousness? Wouldn't that be a quality of God that He wishes to pass on? So therefore, I submit that your opinions on God being an evil murderous monster are the same - based on carnal misunderstanding of what He is actually trying to impart to those He calls.

You misunderstand me. I don't believe that guy, you call god, is GOD!

By using the clothing of mixed fiber ban, you prove, to me anyway, that this isn't god. God doesn't have opinions or emotions. This being, et al, of the OT is a resident of the universe, not it's creator.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

How does this opinion:

Know what my favourite parts of the bible are? The parts where it condones slavery, child abuse, misogyny, war, and rape-marriages.
Because you know... those parts are so Christianly and all

Answer this fact:

There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Christian Holy Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I was pointing out the irony of the post, specifically his/her implication that the bible is the one and only true moral manual for humanity. The ironic part being that there are so many disturbingly immoral things mentioned in the bible. (I also took notice of how you didn't deny this fact.)

You still haven't pointed out my alleged insult.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

God doesn't have opinions or emotions.

Hey Wind-

Interested in hearing more about your reasoning regarding this conclusion, if you'd like share it.
I'm genuinely curious and am in no way attempting to draw you into debate over your beliefs. Can't promise I won't have another question about it though, if you do expound on it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I was pointing out the irony of the post, specifically his/her implication that the bible is the one and only true moral manual for humanity. The ironic part being that there are so many disturbingly immoral things mentioned in the bible. (I also took notice of how you didn't deny this fact.)

You still haven't pointed out my alleged insult.

I generally try to avoid pointing out the obvious.
However, I will concede the possibility that you did not intend your post to be insulting, even though the tone suggested otherwise.
Please accept my sincere apology.

As far as the more than unsavory aspects of human behavior recorded in the Bible, I find no reason to deny that fact.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Answer this fact:

"There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Christian Holy Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed."

madmikesamerica.com...

Matthew 16:28 “I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” 23:36 “I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.” 24:34 “I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

FAIL: Jesus states in Matthew that all the signs marking the end of the world would be fulfilled before his generation ended, before the people that were standing infront of him “taste death.” Those people have been dead for over 2000 years and the world did not come to an end, neither have all those signs been fulfilled.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 “therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush. The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years.”

FAIL: Never in its long history has Egypt been uninhabited for forty years.

Ezekiel 30:10-11 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army – the most ruthless of nations – will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain.”

FAIL: Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering its people. In 568 BCE Nebuchadnezzar tried to conquer Egypt and Egypt survived with no apparent damage. Aahmes ruled for another generation over a prosperous Egypt and lived to see Nebuchadnezzar die. The Egyptians were not scattered or dispersed.

Isaiah 52:1 “Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.”

FAIL: There are still uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.

Isaiah 19:4-5 “I will hand the Egyptians over to the power of a cruel master, and a fierce king will rule over them, declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty. The waters of the river will dry up, and the riverbed will be parched and dry.”
FAIL: The river mentioned here is the Nile which never dried up and is still one of Egypt’s greatest natural resource.

Need more? faithskeptic.50megs.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

God doesn't have opinions or emotions.

Hey Wind-

Interested in hearing more about your reasoning regarding this conclusion, if you'd like share it.
I'm genuinely curious and am in no way attempting to draw you into debate over your beliefs. Can't promise I won't have another question about it though, if you do expound on it.

It is my belief that god is an immutable force. God is not a person, with hangups and emotions. God embodies all that is, was and will be, plus all that isn't, wasn't and never will be.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It is my belief that god is an immutable force. God is not a person, with hangups and emotions. God embodies all that is, was and will be, plus all that isn't, wasn't and never will be.

Interesting concept.
Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Sorry but I had to add to his theory of God, and with Jesus he has emotions on earth and with the holy spirit can see all that is happening on earth.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I call forth the Goddess (in my case she is the spirit of the earth), the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone.
May the Goddess spread her feather wings and brush away all that is is sinister.

The Maiden, the Mother and the Crone push forth your light and connect it with mine to strengthen me.
The wicked will flee back into the darkness.

May the light flow into the smallest of spaces, let no shadows be.

Whateva.

Really? So, the Crone has light? What is the definition of a Crone?

The crone is a stock character in folklore and fairy tale, an old woman. In some stories, she is disagreeable, malicious, or sinister in manner, often with magical or supernatural associations that can make her either helpful or obstructing. The Crone is also an archetypal figure, a Wise Woman. She is marginalized by her exclusion from the reproductive cycle, and her proximity to death places her in contact with OCCULT WISDOM. As a character type, the crone shares characteristics with the hag.

en.wikipedia.org...

Be careful of that occult wisdom, as it's not the same as God's wisdom.

So, what does the Bible call your "Goddess"??

Revelation 17:5

5) And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

and what does she do?

Nahum 3:4

4) Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.

Not that you'll be interested, but for those who are, I suggest going to biblegateway.com to do a search for every "played the harlot" and "playing the harlot" to see who this harlot really is. It's Satan himself. For Satan was the one who was cast out of heaven and sent to earth to dwell and deceive until he is taken out of the earth.

Can Satan deceive by using the term "light"?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

13) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

...and what does the "end shall be according to their works" mean??

Revelation 18:10

10) Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

and what did Babylon look like?

Revelation 18:16

16) And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

Now, how did the Bible describe Satan?

Ezekiel 28:13

13) Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

So, what judgement was given to Babylon?

Revelation 18:17-18

17) For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18) And cried when they saw the SMOKE OF HER BURNING, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

...and what judgement was given to Satan?

Revelation 20:10

10) And the devil that deceived them was CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

all of these have been addressed and explained ad nauseum, many of those who took the time and effort to explain having posted their efforts on this website.

From what I understand, many of the OT statements were in the context of a "cause and effect" nature. Such as if you do A or continue in B, then C will be the result. Therefore, if A or B cease, then C would not take effect.

Also, the "generation" reference in the NT by Christ was intended to mean this generation of mankind, as a whole. Possibly referring to post-deluvian man? There are also those who believe that the Earth was previously destroyed prior to the creation account in Genesis, possibly referring to that? Maybe He meant "this" generation in regard to Anno Domini? I dunno. But it is my understanding that Christ had a much broader meaning than a 70-year generation. I suppose a whole thread could be dedicated to picking apart the exact word He used and the possible interpretations of such. However, the simplest and most logical explanations are usually the ones I lean towards.

Having said all that, people will continue to argue over it, it will continue to be explained, only to be argued over again.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

Sorry but I had to add to his theory of God, and with Jesus he has emotions on earth and with the holy spirit can see all that is happening on earth.

Let me edit that for ya.......

And with Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Hitler, Socrates and you and me, as well as all other living creatures, GOD has emotions here on earth. We are ALL expressions of GOD.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

So God was limited solely by that which was afforded to Him through the nature of man. His own creation.
Interesting.
That would leave the question of from what did man acquire his nature? What was the model for his emotional capability and range?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join