It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Satans Counterfiets

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Stop bickering you buncha snots. TO your damn corners.

Well Im not a xtian but I have found the biblical stories and the talmud/tanach fascinating. In my culture and in the original Hebrew culture, demons werent scary looking. Many were beautiful or awesome ( in teh true sense of the word). It was the catholics and early xtians that turned them into scary pitchfork bearing freaks. It was to scare ignorant peasants into service to the Church and a good xtian woudl be protected from such fearsome and horrid things. Most accounts of demons that describe them as scary.. are simply keeping the Church in business.
My culture was infiltrated by the catholics and they used the same tactics.. or tried to anyway.

I like the Hebrew God.. he scares the hell out of me. Not a kumbaya old man in a rocking chair granting wishes.. but a firey scary badass slay utterly "man of war". Yeah.. thats a God I can fear and respect. Not that old neutered man jesius loves ya thing that the contemporary Xtians worship. Pretty luke warm for a God.

Okay, so anyway.. lets say these "demons" or deceivers are our aliens. They look fascinating or pretty or benign. Not these red devils with horns. The thought is truly a fascinating thingh to speak about if some here can get over themselves or their knee jerk reaction to anything xtian. My culture has few but interesting stories about visitors or men from the sky.. they arent scary. They arent any more scary than our own tales of decievers and bad things. Beauty. More flies with honey. More souls with beauty or technology or whatever the human heart desires to know. Just like before the flood story when the fallen angels came down and the humans KNEW what they were and they were so pretty women went with them and men learned from them and kept company with them.

Fascinating folks.. if you even care to really see the correlations between many religions and belief systems. WIth the thoughtless reactions and hatefulness toward xtians and their religion.. youre missing a very very cool idea.

Just so you are aware, the new testament (i.e xtians, since it pains you so much to type the word Christ on a keyboard) also attributes fallen angles to beauty and being able to take the form of beings of light. No where (and I mean no where) in the the new testament is there recorded an image of demonic entities as being leathery winged gargoyle looking entities. It is clearly stated they can take whichever form they like.

Curiously however, your own religion (had you studied it's many aspects instead of simply focusing on the Christian side of things) has very grotesque descriptions of the demonic realm (specifically as far as the Qabbalah is concerned, and the Qlippoth). Small wonder those descriptions and characteristics made their way into Christian minds since the two religions (Judaism and Christianity) are so intimately linked, no?
edit on 3-7-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I don't really understand this thread...so demons helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids?

Sure, why not. They helped build Solomon's Temple, depending on who you ask.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Well Im not a xtian but I have found the biblical stories and the talmud/tanach fascinating. In my culture and in the original Hebrew culture, demons werent scary looking. Many were beautiful or awesome ( in teh true sense of the word). It was the catholics and early xtians that turned them into scary pitchfork bearing freaks. It was to scare ignorant peasants into service to the Church and a good xtian woudl be protected from such fearsome and horrid things. Most accounts of demons that describe them as scary.. are simply keeping the Church in business.
My culture was infiltrated by the catholics and they used the same tactics.. or tried to anyway.

I like the Hebrew God.. he scares the hell out of me. Not a kumbaya old man in a rocking chair granting wishes.. but a firey scary badass slay utterly "man of war". Yeah.. thats a God I can fear and respect. Not that old neutered man jesius loves ya thing that the contemporary Xtians worship. Pretty luke warm for a God.

Okay, so anyway.. lets say these "demons" or deceivers are our aliens. They look fascinating or pretty or benign. Not these red devils with horns. The thought is truly a fascinating thingh to speak about if some here can get over themselves or their knee jerk reaction to anything xtian. My culture has few but interesting stories about visitors or men from the sky.. they arent scary. They arent any more scary than our own tales of decievers and bad things. Beauty. More flies with honey. More souls with beauty or technology or whatever the human heart desires to know. Just like before the flood story when the fallen angels came down and the humans KNEW what they were and they were so pretty women went with them and men learned from them and kept company with them.

Fascinating folks.. if you even care to really see the correlations between many religions and belief systems. WIth the thoughtless reactions and hatefulness toward xtians and their religion.. youre missing a very very cool idea.

Just so you are aware, the new testament (i.e xtians, since it pains you so much to type the word Christ on a keyboard) also attributes fallen angles to beauty and being able to take the form of beings of light. No where (and I mean no where) in the the new testament is there recorded an image of demonic entities as being leathery winged gargoyle looking entities. It is clearly stated they can take whichever form they like.

Curiously however, your own religion (had you studied it's many aspects instead of simply focusing on the Christian side of things) has very grotesque descriptions of the demonic realm (specifically as far as the Qabbalah is concerned, and the Qlippoth). Small wonder those descriptions and characteristics made their way into Christian minds since the two religions (Judaism and Christianity) are so intimately linked, no?

I said nothing about WHAT my culture or religion is and Im not hebrew. I didnt say the NT wasnt included.. erm.. I said the bible. That includes the NT in case you didnt know. I said the original Hebrews and the tanach and talmud.. not the fantastical Quabbala. It doesnt pain me to type anything. I guess youre another xtian that doesnt get the x. You simply want to fight and be haughty.. when you make wild assumptions about who I am and what religion I am!
Perhaps read what I wrote again without whatever your attitude is and you wont look foolish.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Throughout this thread, I have attempted to conveyed the positive experiences that I personally have had with beings that were not from this world. So when you say that all the evidence, all signs and all occurrences are nefarious and malicious, you ignore mine and everyone else, who has benefited from these experiences, and not only invalidate these experiences, but judge them as evil in origin. This is incredibly arrogant and hurtful.

While Christian can talk of their spiritual experiences, we non Christians are mocked, and told that we are being deceived when we speak of our spiritual forays with higher beings.

I believe that just about anyone of us here on ATS would find the the following video series fascinating and informing no matter which side of the fence one falls on.

I post these here, however, especially for windword. Joe Fisher is interviewed in the vids at some length. You'll find some biographical information about him below.

The Sudden Death of Joe Fisher

...In one of his last communications with his editor-in-chief, Patrick Huyghe at Paraview Books, Fisher noted that the spirits were still after him for having written his final book.  

...Joe Fisher's books included the contemporary metaphysical classics The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts, Life Between Life, The Case For Reincarnation and Predictions. While His Holiness The Dalai Lama wrote the preface to The Case For Reincarnation, film rights to Hungry Ghosts have been optioned to a Los Angeles film company which is moving towards production.

For five years, Fisher painstakingly investigated the claims of channelers and the mysterious voices that speak through them.

The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts, his last book, is his gripping journey into a realm of darkness and deception. The revised edition includes a new foreword by Colin Wilson, and an epilogue that updates events since the book was first published in the U.K. a decade ago. 

In 1987, Fisher was presented with The Leask Award by The Spiritual Science Institute of Canada for "making an outstanding contribution to the field of spiritual awareness."
www.anomalist.com...

I'll also leave another intriguing read here that examines the ufo mythos and mentions a few of those oh-so-familiar occultists that show up time & time again in the ufological world.

Raymond A. Palmer and the Flying Saucer Mythos

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Are you kidding me? I said a half-ass Christian, because that's what you are if you don't read your own Bible thoroughly and just rely on what the preacher teaches. You are a Christian as demonstrated by your faith in Jesus Christ, but let's examine the definition of half-ass

Half Ass(ed): When you do something but don't give it your all.

You as a Christian obviously haven't been giving it your all if you are lapsing into the same traits as a tyrant. I just defined what I said, at no point was that a malevolent attempt to vent anger at you or your 'God'. I'm not angry at 'God'. You think everybody who doesn't agree with you is just vengeful, or hates 'God'. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You have no idea what I truly believe. So don't assume I do. If you don't like the criteria that led to my filing you away as a half-ass Christian, apply yourself more and change that. Read all of the Bible instead of just the nice miracles and submit yourselves to 'God's Mighty Wrath' propaganda.
edit on 3-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I said nothing about WHAT my culture or religion is and Im not hebrew. I didnt say the NT wasnt included.. erm.. I said the bible. That includes the NT in case you didnt know. I said the original Hebrews and the tanach and talmud.. not the fantastical Quabbala. It doesnt pain me to type anything. I guess youre another xtian that doesnt get the x. You simply want to fight and be haughty.. when you make wild assumptions about who I am and what religion I am!
Perhaps read what I wrote again without whatever your attitude is and you wont look foolish.

You said you like the hebrew god. You're the one that took contention here, and assumed that demons must take some grotesque form because the catholic's depicted it as such.

Read the NT. There is no such description, and it matches your own. Don't be angry at me for pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah because 2000 pigs are just always standing by while a 'legion' of demons happen to be inhabiting someone who just so happens to meet Jesus..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by stupid girl

Are you kidding me? I said a half-ass Christian, because that's what you are if you don't read your own Bible thoroughly and just rely on what the preacher teaches. You are a Christian as demonstrated by your faith in Jesus Christ, but let's examine the definition of half-ass

Half Ass(ed): When you do something but don't give it your all.

You as a Christian obviously haven't been giving it your all if you are lapsing into the same traits as a tyrant. I just defined what I said, at no point was that a malevolent attempt to vent anger at you or your 'God'. I'm not angry at 'God'. You think everybody who doesn't agree with you is just vengeful, or hates 'God'. You couldn't be farther from the truth. You have no idea what I truly believe. So don't assume I do. If you don't like the criteria that led to my filing you away as a half-ass Christian, apply yourself more and change that. Read all of the Bible instead of just the nice miracles and submit yourselves to 'God's Mighty Wrath' propaganda.

You are clearly angry. Find me a perfect Christian, and I will find you a liar. The beauty of Christianity is our acceptance of our imperfect nature. While you clearly feel you can perfect it yourself, we don't feel the need to do so. We strive to be like Jesus, but we recognize we are not perfect like the Father. We recognize we ALL fall short of the glory of God, and thus we acknowledge the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. You are attempting (again) to derail the thread by calling into question the validity of Christ (only proving the point of the OP).

Address the evidence that has been discussed. Discuss your own views (by all means) but when you attack the validity of Christ (especially in this thread), you are only proving the OP correct.

I would go about this (were I in your position) by addressing the correlations between the two phenomenon and doing one of the following:

A) Concluding that neither phenomenon is valid, and both are figments of the victims imagination (surely a much more logical approach than you have taken here)

B) Conceding that there is some evidence to suggest the two are linked some how

C) Providing a logical counter argument to separate the UFO phenomenon from the Contactee/Abuduction phenomenon. The latter of which could go a long ways towards validating your point of view.

Derailing the thread however, does nothing.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Many MANY thanks go out to stupid girl for saying all the things that needed to be said and for saying what many of us really WANTED to say. Those stupid little blue stars are totally inadequate for what you had to put up with here and if I could give you all of mine I would just to say THANKS.

I believe that like myself, MANY on ATS are completely disgusted with the HATRED, you truly deserve a Medal for dishin' out some whoop @$$ on all the haters:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76eb34aa243b.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You said you like the hebrew god. You're the one that took contention here, and assumed that demons must take some grotesque form because the catholic's depicted it as such.

Read the NT. There is no such description, and it matches your own. Don't be angry at me for pointing out the obvious.

Wrong again. I do like the hebrew god. He is the CHRISTian God. You know.. from the bibles OT which are the original hebrews. I didnt say demons were scary or grotesque. I said why they were made scary and grotesque by the Church. I said they were like in my culture, pretty or fascinating. More flies with honey. The bible includes the NT, as Ive said and if you didnt know.
I am not angry, you certainly are. Im thankful that most CHRISTians arent as contentious, rude, and not given to civil discourse as you are. You have COMPLETELY misunderstood my entire post and made all sorts of wild assumptions because you are itching for a fight rather than a discussion.

I took contention. You attacked me and made a bunch of assumptions about me and still have an issue with reading comprehension. Please dont address me anymore. I want to have a conversation and not whatever it is youre into.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Please tell me where I even attempted to contradict the validity of the existence of Christ..Actually if you read my prior posts, I quoted him and for good reason..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

As Windword already pointed out, people who are capable of meditation and astral projection, meet and experience new beings on a daily basis. You have yet to prove to me that it matters a single bit who you pray to as far as prayer granting. Do you honestly think the people who pray to another deity never get anything, and lapsed into hatred and depression of God, only to search for him and feel like it's the way.

Let me tell you, there are a number of times I have gotten what I wanted by putting my faith in myself, and asking for help from people like the Egyptian God Thoth, Apollo and Mercury/Hermes, etc. I have quite investigated the UFO phenomena as well as the Abduction/Contactee. Contact is different from abduction. Most contact's don't actually predict dates for world ending's only the one's meant to throw you off in the first place. Abduction have happened a long both good and bad. To solely investigate the bad, is biased, to call it all demonic on account of your 'religion', is irresponsible. There are a ggreat deal of everyday people who help to spread messages of light and love, along with wisdom and knowledge.

Point being, you can't come out of your twig house to investigate the true world around you. You're still living in the Truman show. I will say this one last time because I do not have the patience nor the inclination to argue semantics. I do not hate 'God'. First to understand how I feel about 'God', you have to know my concept of 'God'. Which judging by your posts you clearly do not. As stated before, refer to my avatar.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Please tell me where I even attempted to contradict Christ..Actually if you read my prior posts, I quoted him and for good reason..

Do you confess Jesus Christ as the living Son of God, Crucified for mankind's sins, and raised to eternal glory?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

As Windword already pointed out, people who are capable of meditation and astral projection, meet and experience new beings on a daily basis. You have yet to prove to me that it matters a single bit who you pray to as far as prayer granting. Do you honestly think the people who pray to another deity never get anything, and lapsed into hatred and depression of God, only to search for him and feel like it's the way.

Let me tell you, there are a number of times I have gotten what I wanted by putting my faith in myself, and asking for help from people like the Egyptian God Thoth, Apollo and Mercury/Hermes, etc. I have quite investigated the UFO phenomena as well as the Abduction/Contactee. Contact is different from abduction. Most contact's don't actually predict dates for world ending's only the one's meant to throw you off in the first place. Abduction have happened a long both good and bad. To solely investigate the bad, is biased, to call it all demonic on account of your 'religion', is irresponsible. There are a ggreat deal of everyday people who help to spread messages of light and love, along with wisdom and knowledge.

Point being, you can't come out of your twig house to investigate the true world around you. You're still living in the Truman show. I will say this one last time because I do not have the patience nor the inclination to argue semantics. I do not hate 'God'. First to understand how I feel about 'God', you have to know my concept of 'God'. Which judging by your posts you clearly do not. As stated before, refer to my avatar.

I guess not.

I have been around the block my friend. I do not judge you. I do not contend you will "go to hell". That is up to God Almighty, who forged the very universe. I do not contend I am better than you, or even that there is no such thing as aliens (who am I to limit God's power and majesty?)

As far as the rest of your insults, I think my previous question still stands (and it is the most important of all. Make sure you ask your higher astral beings that the next time you take a trip).

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'm not interested in channelers or anybody who proclaims to relate messages to mankind from some deity.

My experiences are personal and tailored to me and my needs. When I pray, I put my fears and despair up on an alter and ask for help in overcoming my anxiety and reprehension of life's slings and arrow. I am almost always blessed with loving and informative visits or dreams. They always address the issues I'm placing on the alter. Sometimes help doesn't arrive immediately but comes down the road in pleasantly surprising ways.

I have faith in God that the right message will be given to me when I ask for help and guidance. I know that I am not alone and I'm not afraid of boogie men.

I have deep distrust for anything Biblical, especially the Old Testament god. In my opinion he is an impostor and therefore the New Testament is in question too. Although I like most of what Jesus says, there are placed that I disagree with his "biblical" words as well, and question their authenticity. I reject all of Paul's teaching in entirety.

Since the question or theory, posed by the OP, is about demons and disembodied spirits I feel my positive experiences are relevant and represent the other side of the issue.

It seems that this thread focuses only on the negative, which I readily admit exists, but Christians seem to see anything paranormal as evil and I take issue with that, as my paranormal experiences are highly beneficial to my well being.

Here is video of a man in church, supposedly possessed by the "spirit of god," speaking in tongues and then another man supposedly interpreting his "tongues" and then adding "So says the lord." How is this any different than a channel claiming to have a message from a being or even from god. How is the man in this video more trustworthy than a run of the mill channeler?

Tell me that this isn't demonology.

Who is qualified to invalidate my personal experience and yet validate that?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by The GUT

I'm not interested in channelers or anybody who proclaims to relate messages to mankind from some deity.

My experiences are personal and tailored to me and my needs. When I pray, I put my fears and despair up on an alter and ask for help in overcoming my anxiety and reprehension of life's slings and arrow. I am almost always blessed with loving and informative visits or dreams. They always address the issues I'm placing on the alter. Sometimes help doesn't arrive immediately but comes down the road in pleasantly surprising ways.

I have faith in God that the right message will be given to me when I ask for help and guidance. I know that I am not alone and I'm not afraid of boogie men.

I have deep distrust for anything Biblical, especially the Old Testament god. In my opinion he is an impostor and therefore the New Testament is in question too. Although I like most of what Jesus says, there are placed that I disagree with his "biblical" words as well, and question their authenticity. I reject all of Paul's teaching in entirety.

Since the question or theory, posed by the OP, is about demons and disembodied spirits I feel my positive experiences are relevant and represent the other side of the issue.

It seems that this thread focuses only on the negative, which I readily admit exists, but Christians seem to see anything paranormal as evil and I take issue with that, as my paranormal experiences are highly beneficial to my well being.

Here is video of a man in church, supposedly possessed by the "spirit of god," speaking in tongues and then another man supposedly interpreting his "tongues" and then adding "So says the lord." How is this any different than a channel claiming to have a message from a being or even from god. How is the man in this video more trustworthy than a run of the mill channeler?

Tell me that this isn't demonology.

Who is qualified to invalidate my personal experience and yet validate that?

Guess you missed the part about discernment. If you think the same forces haven't infiltrated the Christian (and Catholic) churches, you are kidding yourself. Or perhaps you think we aren't aware of it?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I do not associate with Jesus in that way. We are all sons and daughters of God, because we are all part of God. All of us, humanity and other terrestrials, collectively make up the entity known as 'God' or the 'Source' or 'Creator'. Here is something I mentioned in another thread.

Back in the 'Garden of Eden' story, there is a mistranslation in the KJV. The serpent didn't tell them that their eyes would be opened, he said their eye. Adam and Eve represented Masculinity and Femininity, or the Dualistic nature of the soul. The serpent( Kundalini energy) climbed the Tree of Knowledge of Duality(God and Evil), which is represented by the 7 Chakras in the human body symbolic in the 7 days of conception, week, colors, musical scale, etc. The sixth chakra is your Pineal gland or 'third/single' eye. When your eye is opened, you become enlightened that you are a part of God and God at the same time. Jesus meant to follow his way through Meditation and spiritual perseverance one could become a 'Son' of God. This is where the time Jesus was reputed to have spent in India, was studying Sanskrit and Hinduism.

Do I need to mention where Jacob/Israel saw God on the Isle of Peniel(corrupted spelling). Conclusion being drawn by the fact Pineal gland is surrounded by brain fluid beyond the blood-brain barrier making it like an island.

Or Matthew 6:22

If thine eye be single, thou whole body shalt be full of light.

Freemasonry incorporates this concept of balancing duality to attain the enlightement of the third eye into their masonic tracing board. Try going and telling them they worship Satan, and see how far you get. There is a reason almost all advanced and ancient cultures respected the Third Eye.

That being said, I don't think Jesus was ever meant to be your 'Savior' and take your sins/karma onto him. Don't become complacent, that's what Evil really wants. You are responsible for your own Karma, and if you are expecting someone to take control of your life and lead it in the wrong direction, this is why you remain here. Try telling people who are totally convinced in past lives, that they are crazy. It won't happen. If you've had past lives, why would this be your last one? You are meant to learn, don't delve into materialism and favor the unseen and hidden over the physical non-lasting matters. Why? Because 'You aren't a body that has a soul, you ARE a soul that HAS a body." - C.S. Lewis

I have decided to develop personal responsibility and become in charge of my own life, righting my own mistakes. I don't need to wait on anyone to 'save' me. If you are stranded in the ocean, do you wait for some boat to come along and scoop you out, or do you start swimming?

"Man is a god in ruins." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I do not associate with Jesus in that way. We are all sons and daughters of God, because we are all part of God. All of us, humanity and other terrestrials, collectively make up the entity known as 'God' or the 'Source' or 'Creator'. Here is something I mentioned in another thread.

Back in the 'Garden of Eden' story, there is a mistranslation in the KJV. The serpent didn't tell them that their eyes would be opened, he said their eye. Adam and Eve represented Masculinity and Femininity, or the Dualistic nature of the soul. The serpent( Kundalini energy) climbed the Tree of Knowledge of Duality(God and Evil), which is represented by the 7 Chakras in the human body symbolic in the 7 days of conception, week, colors, musical scale, etc. The sixth chakra is your Pineal gland or 'third/single' eye. When your eye is opened, you become enlightened that you are a part of God and God at the same time. Jesus meant to follow his way through Meditation and spiritual perseverance one could become a 'Son' of God. This is where the time Jesus was reputed to have spent in India, was studying Sanskrit and Hinduism.

Do I need to mention where Jacob/Israel saw God on the Isle of Peniel(corrupted spelling). Conclusion being drawn by the fact Pineal gland is surrounded by brain fluid beyond the blood-brain barrier making it like an island.

Or Matthew 6:22

If thine eye be single, thou whole body shalt be full of light.

Freemasonry incorporates this concept of balancing duality to attain the enlightement of the third eye into their masonic tracing board. Try going and telling them they worship Satan, and see how far you get. There is a reason almost all advanced and ancient cultures respected the Third Eye.

I am well read in the occult. That is half the reason I am standing here, right now, for Jesus.

Funny you should try and change the subject again, no?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Guess you missed the part about discernment. If you think the same forces haven't infiltrated the Christian (and Catholic) churches, you are kidding yourself. Or perhaps you think we aren't aware of it?

The same forces have also infiltrated the Bible.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm not changing the subject, I'm saying there are more 'viewpoints' to this phenomena, than just irresponsibly classifying it as evil. Anyone who has delved into Astral travel/Meditation knows the importance of the Third Eye, which is also responsible for the Near-Death Experience Phenomena. When you die, your brain becomes flooded with a certain substance I am not at liberty to discuss, and this is what results in the Astral Projection of your soul from the body...

This is heavily tied into the abduction scenario as it can often take place in the astral realm of your dreams than this physical plane.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join