It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Atlantis Maybe Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

"It was a world of immense, amazing cities, the closest inhabitable planet to Earth. The Atlanteans explored this world to its fullest, then the lifeless planets nearby, finally extending to their neighboring galaxies. They visited your world. Your ancestors worshipped them, built monuments like theirs, dressed in their honor, wrote things down as they did. Atlantis was an advanced planet. The Atlanteans were wise and kind. But they harnessed the raw energy of this universe, and that is dangerous. They knew the risks and accepted them. It was the price they paid to explore further afield, beyond the confines of their own sector of the universe.

Now Atlantis has been supposedly gone for thousands of years, and we haven't seen water on Mars in our lifetime. But when it did have water on it's surface would most of the land have been a giant island? Which is what Atlantis was. Around the same time life flourished here, life could have been ending on Mars for the Atlantians. They would have been close enough to send over remnants of their civilization. Hence why conscious thought just popped out of nowhere for humans here on Earth. Don't take any of this serious I'm just thinking it over, I'm going to do my own research into this and see where it takes me. But nobody can find where Atlantis once exisited here, so who are we to say that it was even on this planet at all to begin with? If they were so advanced as believed, a short space trip from Mars to here would have been cake to them.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
intresting theory

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
*Very* interesting theory, even. Reminds me of John Carter. In truth, we won't know until we can actually put people on Mars. When we can put archaeologists on Mars. But, you know, in my head there's always been the idea of Martians still living up there, in underground cities. And really, who can say for sure until we can actually go there ourselves?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dont you mean Barsoon? LoL. Good theory though, as plausible as any other.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

Just a few issues that come to mind with the theory, as you are going to investigate...

Such an advanced race, why wait until catastrophe befalls their own planet when a mostly water based planet happened to be next door (in space terms) to them, with no race to stop you taking over.
Where did they go? It makes no sense they would just abandon the planet when there was still resources a plenty.It's obviously plausible they came here and left when another disaster befell this planet at some point in the past but it's a bit of a stretch to think they went without a very good reason, having already abandoned their home planet?

Apart from those 2 issues, I like the theory, be good to see where you can go with this

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As I've posted on other ATS threads:

We have Earth, a planet which always has had water, but at some time in the not-too-distant past, got a lot more. We call it Noah's Flood, and no one seems to know for sure where the water came from.

Then we have Mars, a planet which once had lots of water, but now has very little. Flood channels on Mars' surface indicate that water flowed one-way through them, and where did it go?

Is there a connection? Especially if we know the writings of Velikovsky, we know that Mars may have come close to Earth at some time tin the past, and did it come close enough for Earth's gravity to pull off most of Mars' water?

The implications for human origins, and a lot of other things as well, are staggering...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

They might not have foresaw the end coming, the total destruction could have taken place within a mere few hours maybe even less. If they were playing with forces they didn't understand it might have been totally unexpected and could be the cause of the condition Mars is in now. But what those reasons could be I have no idea, hopefully it'll all be revealed in time we have plenty of time to learn.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

That's a good point I never thought about whether the water from Mars could have came here I simply assumed it was either destroyed or evaporated. If the planets did come close enough, Mars is only about have the size of Earth our gravity could have taken their water in a sense.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
no atlantis was on earth

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
atlantis was planet pheaton...destroyed in an galactic war and now an asteroid belt... survivors flied to earth but couse they were giants ..they couldend survive earth gravity... there legacy is shattered now over the world.... just legends and myths remained...
edit on 26-5-2012 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And somewhere on Barsoom there are 4 armed giants that hatch from eggs, pondering just who will save them from the evil plot of the Therns, win the hand of the princess of Helium and save the planet from doom.

Oh John Carter, look what you have done.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I've actually honestly never watched John Carter, I might have too now that you all keep mentioning it. Never really liked Disney Movies. So I'm lost with all your jibes, you can fill me in if you want I'll probably just look it up later.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
reply to post by mainidh

I've actually honestly never watched John Carter, I might have too now that you all keep mentioning it. Never really liked Disney Movies. So I'm lost with all your jibes, you can fill me in if you want I'll probably just look it up later.

hehe, I just noticed that someone has posted a thread about it too. I think the reason it's iffy and not well marketed is that it didn't supposedly live up to the book. So a lot of people most likely feel betrayed by it.

I saw it and thought it was pretty good. I won't give it away, as I had heard a lot of bad talk about it, and I chose to ignore it and watch it with a clear opinion about it, and thought it was pretty good.

It kinda does ask you to accept certain things as given, and you can guess what they are when they happen, so the trailer didn't do it much justice either.

GIve it a go

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I'll check out the book first for some reason movies never seem to do the orignal justice.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

That's actually... not a bad theory. It does stand to reason why there has been no evidence found on this planet, nor some of the more "unexplainable" artifacts and monuments here on earth. It could also explain the ancient astronaut theory, along with the sudden boost in human intelligence. What if (and it is a highly speculative if), the reason we have never found this so called proof of ancient tech, that it isn't on our planet? It certainly makes you wonder...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Read the books "Barsoom is a fictional representation of the planet Mars created by American pulp fiction author Edgar Rice Burroughs. The first Barsoom tale was serialized as Under the Moons of Mars in 1912, and published as a novel as A Princess of Mars in 1917. Ten sequels followed over the next three decades, further extending his vision of Barsoom and adding other characters.

The world of Barsoom is a romantic vision of a dying Mars, based on now-outdated scientific ideas made popular by Astronomer Percival Lowell in the early 20th century. While depicting many outlandish inventions, and advanced technology, it is a savage world of honor, noble sacrifice, and constant struggle, where martial prowess is paramount, and where many races fight over dwindling resources. It is filled with lost cities, heroic adventures and forgotten ancient secrets.

The series has inspired a number of well known science fiction writers in the 20th century, and also key scientists involved in both space exploration and the search for extraterrestrial life. It has informed and been adapted by many writers, in novels, short stories, comics, television and film."

top topics

join