It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Worse Than The RFID Chip: The Soul Catcher Chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just heard about this for the first time today. It is known as the Soul Catcher Chip. It is a chip that is implanted on your optic nerve and can record every single waking moment of your life. Scientists estimate it will be ready by the year 2025. This article is from 1995, but it is something i'd never heard of before until just now while i was listeniong to a Coast To Coast recording from you tube. Here is the article:

Scientists from British Telecom's Laboratory today announced a memory chip for the human brain. No kidding. At a presentation for Yorkshire Post newspaper, BT scientists said the chip would attach directly to the optical nerve and store incoming sensory impulses that could then be downloaded and played on a computer or implanted in someone else's memory. As far-fetched as it may seem, BT scientists are taking it seriously: They even assigned it the appropriately gee-whiz product moniker of "Soul Catcher 2025," as well as some fairly detailed specifications. The 2025 refers to the year the scientists think the idea will become a reality.

A lifetime's experience could be stored in about 10 terabytes, according to Peter Cochrane, head of advanced applications and technologies for BT. "I tend to think of computers now as my third lobe," said Cochrane, who asserts that integrating actual circuitry into the human body is the next logical step. Cochrane insists that BT is taking the project seriously, perhaps leading some to question what company executives already have in their heads. The phone company has invested 267 million pounds (about $400 million) in its Lab, a playground for futurists and their inventions.

"BT the telephone company is no different from any other telephone company in the world, but they do have this advanced applications laboratory where they think up great thoughts," said Ben Rooney, editor for the Daily Telegraph's weekly Connected section.

news.cnet.com...

And so now we know how much computer space eighty to ninety years worth of living takes up.

But I think when this happens it will bring up major concerns for privacy. After all, RFID chips are already being put on our children's 'clothes and ID cards to keep track of them against parent's wishes, and the government does truly work on the slippery slope policy. What that means is things always have to get worse before they get better.

But this is not about the RFID chip. It is about the soul catcher chip.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ah yes I need this to put into a BOLO tank once they finally build them.I'm gonna croak in about 15 years so the world needs my guidance.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

My biggest fear ever since I was very very little, besides a small time of terror about the dark, was being trapped after I die. I knew what death was, and I knew something happened before I got HERE. I want to go back there. I don't want to live forever with memory intact.

I want a reset button, or a pause button, or blankness or whatever happens. I like being HUMAN. Hubris is a BAD thing.

The train man in the matrix and his "train station" come to mind. I somehow have always had that concept in my head. Maybe it was all the bad dreams of demons telling me this IS what will happen some day to me.

eff them and eff this chip. I AM

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have done been down this research track, The soul chip has been researched by british telecom on prisoners in governmental institutions in mexico in the 90's.
It has caused deaths and serious illnesss and injury to many people who had it implanted.
This kind of research does not get done in the open, finding the relevant articles may be impossible as the internet over the last five years has undergone a scrubbing of anything relating to this.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Wikipedia reveals that The Trainman is based on no one other than...

In Greek mythology, Charon or Kharon (English pronunciation: /ˈkɛərɒn/, /ˈkɛərən/; Greek Χάρων) is the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron that divided the world of the living from the world of the dead. A coin to pay Charon for passage, usually an obolus or danake, was sometimes placed in or on the mouth of a dead person.[1] Some authors say that those who could not pay the fee, or those whose bodies were left unburied, had to wander the shores for one hundred years. In the catabasis mytheme, heroes — such as Heracles, Orpheus, Aeneas, Dante, Dionysus and Psyche — journey to the underworld and return, still alive, conveyed by the boat of Charon.

The Trainman link is first paragraph, just over half-way down in Plot.

edit on 26/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Has anybody else played Hostile Waters? It's main feature is the use of soldier's mind's on soulcatcher chips being put in highly capable vehicles produced from an aircraft carrier that has its own nanofactory. It also has a lot of stuff that this site loves. The premise of the game is that the old world order was defeated in 2012 and 20 years later they're trying it again from hidden islands in the Pacific, planning to use highly advanced technology to subjugate the world. They also create 'aliens' to terrorize people and to use as a bio-nano-tech reproducing assault force.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reminds me of this. This is a really cool series.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How would it record sound?
And thought?

I'm assuming that if this could be done, which is unlikely even if they could somehow actually get it to the optic nerve, maybe through endoscopic surgery through the nose? Or maybe through the corner of the eyes....omgah that is gross...I dunno, anyway even if they could get it back there and somehow get it to not only respond to nerve stimuli, but respond in the specific way they intend it to, which would be to record information, which would have to be able to be interpreted by the chip, EVEN THEN.......it would be just images.

Right?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Just remember, technology improves over time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If the chip knew how the brain worked, it could relay that information. We know that different thoughts and feelings activate different centers of the brain. So while not total mind reading, the chip could get a sense of your mood at all time.
As for implanting, they could do it to your child at the first moments of their birth with a simple injection, and a few nanoprobes that told it where to go. You're kid would have it installed if born in any hospital, and you might never even know. After all wouldn't be the first time they injected our children with something not knowing the long term effects.
Add the fact it sees all, and this tech is just too science ready to go wrong to me. Just because we can do something, doesn't always mean we should. Implanting chips into our brains, especially 24/7 monitoring ones is a step in the wrong direction IMHO.
No sir, I don't like it.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

hell to the naw, I don't like it either. But look at how people are with their cell phones even today.

People can't tear themselves away from it for a second. With this chip they would promise never needing to buy a camera or video recorder, you would have a photographic memory....the possibilities would be endless.

My cell phone is dead in the bottom of my purse somewhere. So, I could certainly care less about upgrading to a brain chip.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
They found out that it was a miserable failure.

It's like watching 'The Shrinking Circle of Doom', because that is exactly what they are getting.

over*crackle*

At least they had the good sense to dream broadcast a walk, a walk on the simple pleasures. The cops weren't too keen on following certain orders.
edit on 26-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thanks for this, s&f.

Originally posted by The X
I have done been down this research track, The soul chip has been researched by british telecom on prisoners in governmental institutions in mexico in the 90's.
It has caused deaths and serious illnesss and injury to many people who had it implanted.
This kind of research does not get done in the open, finding the relevant articles may be impossible as the internet over the last five years has undergone a scrubbing of anything relating to this.

Explains the difficulty of finding more about it and now I know what I am up against going further down the hole of this type of "technology".

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

"This project is a very small part of our total effort," agreed Cochrane. In the intervening 30 years between now and the potential delivery of the Soul Catcher,.

Fortunately, 16 years after the original article, Peter has the same 30 year-out estimate with the minor caveat of computers being a billion times more powerful than today.

Richard Garner from [137.198.62.49], at 12:09pm ET
On the Soul Catcher project, what kind of results have your initial testing produced? What kind of progress have you made?

Dr. Peter Cochrane at 12:16pm ET
Our technology is like the Crystal Set radio of 1912, and we are trying to imagine a cellular mobile phone. Connecting directly to the human brain in a more effective way to capture more intricate thought processes will probably take another 20-30 years when our silicone computers will be a billion times more powerful than today.

Pete’s website

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't not want to be the beta tester for this! However, I do find it interesting that "your memories can be downloaded into other people's memories." Now that would make for an interesting discussion.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Did anybody see "The Final Cut" w/ Robin Williams its about this very concept. Great movie

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oneness86

I was trying to remember what that movie was called. Couldn't think of it for the life of me.

I see this as a real possibility in the future....like others here have said, and has been said multiple times during different conversations about this in the past by others........In a few generations (given that humanity doesn't regress to a "stone age" type existence in another one or two generations........I doubt it won't "regress"...would be shocked and amazed if it doesn't/isn't already actually!) this may be happening and the masses may not even know it.....It could be implanted at birth, without permission, without knowledge.....and "they" could utilize it in ways that would make today's surveillance society seem like ancient tech...."they" could CONTROL in ways that I don't even want to think about...

If this is "the future", I truly am all for some "doom and gloom"....
What is "gloomier"......the prospect of bombing ourselves into the "stone age"....giving us a "new start" of sorts, forcing us to rely on smaller, self-sustainable communities and our fellow man.....possibly giving birth to a "better" world.....OR.....the prospect that the EVIL on this planet will simply amplify...utilizing technology (as is being done now it seems...as it always has it appears) to more efficently control and enslave and kill others.?

I'd say, personally, I see option two as FAR more "doomy and gloomy"!

Like I have seen said recently.....the prospect that the world will "end" in 2012 isn't what I worry about...it is the prospect that the world will continue on, changing nothing that worries me!
True EVIL run amok...!

Why do we "allow" this to persist as a collective society....as a world?

Ha! Some won't even be convinced such is possible....some still won't believe RFID chips are a thing of the present (though one can show them definitive proof over and over) let alone something like this....let alone do something, anything about it.....

join