It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with mobile device(s)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have a Sony Cruz tablet, and I was and still am having issues here on ATS with it.
At first my browser would crash every time I tried to visit the full site. I turned off the JavaScript, and now I can read it without trouble. I can't post replies or open new threads on it though. Suggestions are welcome here, it is becoming really annoying.
I can read and reply to personal messages on it, no problem...
I was also wondering if there was a way to find the mobile version of a thread or how m.abovetopsecret works. I can post replies there, but I usually don't have much to say on the threads that are available to ATS mobile site.
Basically its just an electronic "newspaper", which is fine as I don't really reply to many threads, but it would be nice to have the option to do so.
Thanks in advance for the help.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I nee to clarify its a Velocity Cruz T103, not a Sony....Have NO idea how I got Sony...
Android OS.

Sorry for the mistake. See Avatar and my personal title

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One of the reasons I hate the internet more and more. I prefer to use the internet without flash and _javascripting of any kind. Problem is more and more sites are intigrating these things to be the major backbone of their sites, instead of just flashy decoration. Forces me to either not participate, or to allow these stupid programs. Dillema. It really sucks for people with the new flashy portable devices. Web designers are just getting worse these days. Instead of building a perfectly functional site skeleton that could be used, then coding in the extras, they just skip right to the extras and use that as the skeleton. I have always valued bare functionality over flash, for everything. Up until recently I used a customized stripped down version of XP

Pretty much armtwisted into downloading and minimizing windows 7 now, if I want to use the latest graphics software. If they ran on linux I would be jumping ship there in a heartbeat. GIMP is OK, but it really doesn't compare to CS5. Blender made my head want to explode, it took years to learn carrara, I am looking at another few years to get back to being proficient if I chose to go that route.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

Check the Amazon Appstore for Dolphin Webbrowser. You are trying to use Silk, the default browser with your machine, and it's not very good.

Upgrade your browser, and your problems should disappear.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thanks, I only use dolphin as the default one sucks...Same problems with both browsers though.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustyk

You are also running Android 2.1. They released 2.2 as an OEM update.

After that, is rooting, making it possible to run any app you want within the android system tree. I can dig up the process if you want. Send a u2u.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Downloaded newest version of dolphin (8.Someting)
It works..YAY
edit on 6-6-2012 by Rustyk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join