It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mushroom Clouds In Utah (Photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What kind of testing could be causing these enormous mushroom clouds in Utah???

===========================
www.rense.com...
Mushroom Cloud

On our way back home from a family drive on 8-29-04, my wife and I noticed a peculiar mushroom cloud just east of our home in Wellington, UT.

We ran into the house and brought our both of our digital cameras and started snapping pictures. Within 2 hours there were three different "explosions" resulting in mushroom clouds.

We emailed a local news station; they looked into the pictures but to no avail. There were truck drivers parked at the gas station just down from our home, the drivers did not dare drive the road for fear of whatever was happening out there.

Pretty scary afternoon, especially during this time of heightened alert in our nation.

[edit on 10/1/2004 by infinite8]

[edit on 10/1/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Post away.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I remember when they dropped that 20,000 lb MOAB, and that thing made a mushroom cloud, so its probably not nuclear, and also is this near any military bases?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I don't know what made the explosion. It's a big explosiont to be sure, but I doubt it was nuclear, too. If it was there would be radiation alarms going off all over the place. Nuclear explosions are not the only explosions that cause mushroom clouds, which are a function of the atmosphere, not the type of explosive.

Mushroom cloud

A mushroom cloud is a distinctive mushroom-shaped cloud of smoke, flame or debris resulting from a very large explosion. They are most commonly associated with nuclear explosions, but any sufficiently large blast will produce the same sort of effect. Volcano eruptions and impact events can produce natural mushroom clouds.

Mushroom clouds form as a result of the sudden formation of a large mass of hot low-density gasses near the ground. The mass of gas rises rapidly, resulting in turbulent vortices curling downward around its edges and drawing up a column of additional smoke and debris in the center to form its "stem". The mass of gas eventually reaches an altitude where it is no longer less dense than the surrounding air and disperses, the debris drawn upward from the ground scattering and drifting back down (see fallout).

The largest mushroom clouds to be photographed resulted from the impact of fragments of Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 on the planet Jupiter, some of which rose hundreds of kilometers above the cloud layers.
www.fact-index.com...

[edit on 04/10/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Those are very good pics. I think it's hard to guestimate size without distance. It's definately large. I'll be interested to see more info pop into this thread.

doctorduh

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I believe that it turned out to be a fire, not a bomb.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This has already been discussed last week at length.Are the mods all asleep.Can`t be bothered finding the link as thats there job

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It's in RATS. Not everyone has access to that forum. It's cool.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
This has already been discussed last week at length.Are the mods all asleep.Can`t be bothered finding the link as thats there job

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join