It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government plans emergency immigration controls for euro collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Some of us will think this is a bit late to control immigration but its the thought that counts.

People from throughout the EU, with the exception of new member countries such as Romania and Bulgaria, are able to work anywhere in the single market. However, there are growing concerns that if Greece was forced to leave the euro, it would effectively go bankrupt and millions could lose their jobs and consider looking for work abroad. The crisis could spread quickly to other vulnerable countries such as Spain, Ireland and Portugal, although Britain is regarded as a safe haven because it is outside the single currency. Details of the contingency plan emerged as the euro crisis deepened further yesterday.

Telegraph

For years the UK has had a open door policy to anyone from europe so how this is going
to work is beyound me as it sort of a bit late.

Weather its the goverment trying to look like its doing something rather than acually doing
anything to stop a mass influx of job hunting people from europe is a good question but just
remember they did cut the UK Border Agency staff by 15%.

He says these changes were further complicated by a 15% cut in staff over the previous 12 months – the equivalent of 46 posts at Terminal 3 alone – at a time of increasing passenger numbers. "We found little evidence of a cohesive plan being in place to effectively manage the challenges that each of these organisational changes presented," said the chief inspector. "I remain concerned that this lack of planning has affected the UK Border Agency's ability to maintain an effective and efficient border control".

Heathrow chaos due to revamp and 15% cut in staff, independent report finds

Well that was one buget cut that was well thought out then.

edit on 26/5/2012 by skuly because: if you can read this you got good eye sight

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sometimes its hard being right.Bear through it my friends we'll no doubt take most of them.Be sure they leave after the olympics.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
Some of us will think this is a bit late to control immigration but its the thought that counts.

People from throughout the EU, with the exception of new member countries such as Romania and Bulgaria, are able to work anywhere in the single market. However, there are growing concerns that if Greece was forced to leave the euro, it would effectively go bankrupt and millions could lose their jobs and consider looking for work abroad. The crisis could spread quickly to other vulnerable countries such as Spain, Ireland and Portugal, although Britain is regarded as a safe haven because it is outside the single currency. Details of the contingency plan emerged as the euro crisis deepened further yesterday.

Telegraph

For years the UK has had a open door policy to anyone from europe so how this is going
to work is beyound me as it sort of a bit late.

Weather its the goverment trying to look like its doing something rather than acually doing
anything to stop a mass influx of job hunting people from europe is a good question but just
remember they did cut the UK Border Agency staff by 15%.

He says these changes were further complicated by a 15% cut in staff over the previous 12 months – the equivalent of 46 posts at Terminal 3 alone – at a time of increasing passenger numbers. "We found little evidence of a cohesive plan being in place to effectively manage the challenges that each of these organisational changes presented," said the chief inspector. "I remain concerned that this lack of planning has affected the UK Border Agency's ability to maintain an effective and efficient border control".

Heathrow chaos due to revamp and 15% cut in staff, independent report finds

Well that was one buget cut that was well thought out then.

edit on 26/5/2012 by skuly because: if you can read this you got good eye sight

This so reminds me of "Children of Men". Let's just hope suicide packs don't start getting sent out by the government!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As I have said previously,all the security for the Olympics is not for that at all, but for this and to secure London's square mile as the financial capital.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
As I have said previously,all the security for the Olympics is not for that at all, but for this and to secure London's square mile as the financial capital.

Rainbows
Jane

Good point, Jane! Hadn't thought about it til you mentioned it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join