It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Day: How It's Changed, Why Some Oppose 3-Day Weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Thanks for the thread, OP!

I’ll check out Seagull’s thread as well.

I think some of the replies to your thread are indicative of the general lack of reverence in America today for the sacrifices our veterans have made. Many people have such a deep-seated hatred for our government (and for war) that veterans often catch the brunt of their anger.

Meh… I don’t care what people say.

As veterans, we understand that what we do (or have done) is vital to the success of liberty. All of the pseudo-intellectuals in the world can’t re-write the proud history and accomplishments of our veterans. We know what we’ve done and why we did it even if naysayers can’t manage to look past their own over inflated egos and self-serving bias.

I’ll leave you with the words of JFK…..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hi sea,
My pleasure.
The majority of Americans never serve. Especially these days.
It is easier to condem something you have not participated in.
I try not to be to upset with them. I just wish they would stop supporting war with their TAXES lol
the best ljb

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You know, this has been something of an issue for me. On one hand, this is supposed to be a day to remember and respect those who have fallen. On the other hand, it's a day to celebrate the freedoms we still enjoy because of it. I think the parties and bbq's are a great way to celebrate those freedoms. I'm also a firm believer that death should not be mourned, but the life of the deceased celebrated. Well, in certain circumstances.

Either way, I say keep it a holiday, but find a way to remind people what it's about.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yup. You are correct on all points. What ever was I thinking?

I have to get back to murdering babies now. I am behind on my quota. But it's alright as I am ahead on village burning.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Originally posted by ABNARTY
For those who think today's military are part of the problem in an illegal war, listen up. The problem is you! You vote or don't vote for your politicians who pay the war bills. You make your voice heard or not heard when they go against your wishes. So if a war you do not approve of drags on year after year, you have failed as citizens.

Actually election candidates lie and say they will pull the troops out, then when they get into office they don't.

So please go ahead and keep blaming the military for your continued failure and ineptitude as an American you pathetic cowards

I will, the politicians can declare war all they want, but if it wasn't for the subservient pawns like yourself carrying out their every wish then there would be no war. Learn to think for yourself, the last orders you should be taking are those that come down from politicians. Listen to the people for once and take out the real threat.

edit on 29-5-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey come on guys.
Please, This thread was just my attempt to let the brave know they are not alone in their pain and loss.
The military and the politicos are for another thread if you don't mind.
There is plenty to say. But again. Please leave it be here.
Thanks ljb

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I am sorry if I deviated from the tenor of your thread. I originally read it because it was a good idea on a good day. I know I can't change peoples minds. If I am human and stood up for friends lost, I remian guilty as charged.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I am sorry if I deviated from the tenor of your thread. I originally read it because it was a good idea on a good day. I know I can't change peoples minds. If I am human and stood up for friends lost, I remian guilty as charged.

Thanks for getting it. I know the intentions of all are mostly good ones.
the best ljb

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join