It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia changes to positive deffinition of Corporatism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Before when i educated myself on this stuff. When searching Wikipedia, Corporatism redirected you to Fascism. But they had a good write up under "Corporatist economy"(which no longer exists).

Now wikipedia has a whole write up on Corporatism in a fairly positive light. Mostly revised in early 2012.
en.wikipedia.org...

My understanding of Corporatism before the change.

Corporatism is the economic system Mussilini rooted in to bring in Fascism. It is a system where government over involves themselves/manipulates the market system. The opposite of free market Capitalism. Corporatism intrudes on the free market using subsidies,bailouts, tax and regulation perks for the favored corporations, and protecting monopolies. It is a "largest corporation ruled system". Instead of a free competitive market system.

What do you guys think about this??
I am having a hard time finding a deffinition that is anything like the old deffinition from wiki. This link gets close by comparing Capitalism and corporatism. "The Bush administration has spent close to a trillion dollars to keep the managers of big companies in the driver's seat. Instead of a free-market policy of letting the market determine winners and losers"

www.cato.org...

edit on 26-5-2012 by yellowsnow because: peace

edit on 26-5-2012 by yellowsnow because: 420

edit on 26-5-2012 by yellowsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Mitt Romney or Obama must have edited it

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It seems that wikipedia made the deffinition over complicated by saying this is this form of it and so on. They don't want people to know where the inequality comes from.

Instead they want people to blame Capitalism, which is barely left in the system. And they also want you to think, if you didn't reach the american dream you didn't work hard enough or didn't get the right education. When it actually comes from the system it's self.

I remember reading that either Hitler or Mussilini (don't remember which) praised Rosevelt for subsidizing the agricultural industry in the US. Praised it for it's corporatist/fascist-ness.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowsnow

Did you read the talk page for the history of the article and any discussions which went into editing it? Then you have the "history"of the page itself to wade through, to see who started the page, who made edits, what state it evolved into and when. Looking up a wikipedia page correctly includes all of those things, and more (pictures!).

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It seems that the deffinition of Corporatism was purposely seperated from Fascism. When just last year Corporatism just redirected you to Fascism. From my research into this Corporatism IS the economic system of Fascism. But now they have been seperated and now their is a definition called "economics of Fascism" which used to be named Corporatism.
en.wikipedia.org...

"meaning an economy where the government exerts strong directive influence, and effectively controls production and allocation of resources."

"In terms of economic practice, this meant promoting the interests of successful businessmen while destroying trade unions and other organizations of the working class."

"Historian Gaetano Salvemini argued in 1936 that fascism makes taxpayers responsible to private enterprise, because "the State pays for the blunders of private enterprise" (sound familiar? Banker bailouts)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by yellowsnow

Did you read the talk page for the history of the article and any discussions which went into editing it? Then you have the "history"of the page itself to wade through, to see who started the page, who made edits, what state it evolved into and when. Looking up a wikipedia page correctly includes all of those things, and more (pictures!).

I don't really understand the wikipedia history part that good. But i looked and it has changed many times. they took out all the stuff about american corporatism and the debate about it and actions of Roosevelt.

Here is some of what was taken out (basically any talk of america's corporatism)

Republican President [[Ronald Reagan]][[q:New Deal|New Deal - Wikiquotes.]] Ronald Reagan quote on New Deal and Mussolini's "government-directed economy." From May 17, 1976 ''[[Time (magazine)|Time]]'' magazine."Reagan says many New Dealers wanted fascism." ''[[New York Times]].'' December 22, 1981. echoed Republican President [[Herbert Hoover]] and others who claimed that Franklin D. Roosevelt’s [[New Deal]] programs represented an attempt to establish a corporatist state. In particular, these critics focused on the [[National Recovery Administration]]. In 1935, [[Herbert Hoover]] describedHerbert Hoover. [publicpolicy.pepperdine.edu... The NRA. Reply to Press Inquiry, Palo Alto, May 15, 1935] some of the New Deal measures as "Fascist regimentation." In his 1951 memoirsHerbert C. Hoover. [www.amazon.com... ''The Memoirs of Herbert Hoover''], vol. 3., "The Great Depression, 1929–1941", 1951; p. 420. he used the phrases "early Roosevelt fascist measures" and "a remaking of [[Benito Mussolini|Mussolini's]] [[corporate statism|corporate state]]".
edit on 27-5-2012 by yellowsnow because: 420

new topics

top topics

join