It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ailen Abductions: A Question!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have been watching some ailen abduction documentaries on You Tube. I was wondering if anyone with disabiities have been abducted, I am particuarly interested in knowing if anyone with sensory disabilities was abducted ie sight and hearing. What would an ET make of a human wearing a hearing aid for example? I only ask as I have sensory disabilities and I have always wondered if I was ever abucted (to my knowledge I have not) what ET would make of my hearing aids! Would they examine the technology of the hearing aid? Would I get them back?!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If you were abducted while you were asleep. Wouldn't your hearing aid be on the bed side table?

Also, I don't think they'd give it much thought, seeing they were able to travel so far and abduct you, a simple piece of ear technology wouldn't really get them thinking!

It's like saying, someone getting abducted while listening to their iPod! Earphones and all!

But coz I'm not an Alien as far as I know, I can't be too sure.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes the hearing aids would be on the bedside table, this is true. But if I wake up disturbed by something I would be putting them back in. I guess it all depends on what happens!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
But you'd be so mesmerised that putting anything on would be the last thing on your mind.

No?

But if they abducted you, it'd fall out or something!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i have a bit of trouble with the alien 'abduction' thingy!
most of the 'abductees' that i have seen on various programs seem a little cooky!

but i just wonder why such an advanced creatures that have traveled vast distances to get here,have to abduct sooooo many humans for study???!!!

are they dumb aliens??? with all of their advanced technology,wouldn't they get a good idea of the biology of our species by now???
I think i could poke and prod and dissect 10 earthworms,and get a good idea whats going on!!!
we as a species have a pretty darn good idea about how humans work!
but our little green visitors need 100's,if not 1000's of humans to probe!
perhaps they should abduct the medical book - Grey's Anatomy!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yeh beings with super advanced technology are going to be intrigued by a hearing aid lol. they probably speak telepathically, hearing is old technology. ah idk what im talking about to be honest lol. but personally i feel that aliens(the ones doing abductions) are lower 4th dimensional beings who've been here for a while(our ancestors called them demons,jins, etc). there was one video about abductions occurring in a family, it was like a generational curse. some people may have genes that make them vunerable to the entities grabbing on to their energy centres (chakras) and implanting thoughts/ experiences

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

You dont want to be abducted! There is no fun in it!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Point for you! I have several medical text books, from my time in med school of course, that I'll be more than happy to lend them, they just need to ask!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Alien abductions are very very real. Deal with it or.....stay in denial. Doesn't change the reality of it all.

Betty Hill said the Greys didn't understand why her teeth didn't come out like they did her husbands. You see, Barney had dentures.

Even the most cunning liar couldn't make up such a minute detail like that and Betty was hardly a seasoned liar let alone a person looking for attention.

But you pose an interesting question OP
and I am unaware of any documented stories regarding disabled people and abductions.
You know what's interesting though, from the hundreds of accounts I've read, it seems most abductees weren't impaired at all. I never read about anyone who was was falling-down drunk. Or high on pot or buzzed on drugs. So maybe many who are disabled may be too medicated? Just a thought.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
yeh beings with super advanced technology are going to be intrigued by a hearing aid lol. they probably speak telepathically, hearing is old technology. ah idk what im talking about to be honest lol. but personally i feel that aliens(the ones doing abductions) are lower 4th dimensional beings who've been here for a while(our ancestors called them demons,jins, etc). there was one video about abductions occurring in a family, it was like a generational curse. some people may have genes that make them vunerable to the entities grabbing on to their energy centres (chakras) and implanting thoughts/ experiences

Why wouldn't "super advanced beings" be "intrigued" by a hearing aid? As perhaps they never encountered it before, as a puzzle it might find them fixated over it. Wasn't it Betty Hill who commented that the "aliens, or ?" that abducted them were very interested, puzzled in and very "curious" in Barney Hills removable dentures?

Don't confuse ones cultural artifacts and semi-technical issues with not understanding the technology. It would be logical to connect any technology with its culture, or you have trouble connecting the dots. But if "they" had never seen such a thing even something very primitive might tweak their interest. If technology and its cultural significance are unknown, with emphasis on "cultural" If me, encountering something that could be applicable to culture, and I never saw before, could even connect to "technology, I would be very interested

I think abducting us "for study" for so long (it appears) makes no sense. A small sample of people all over the planet would surface for that. Unless it is connected with an interest in our rapidly changing culture and related technology. Perhaps the interest is not just technology, but how that is grafted on our culture, and the reverse? This would be very interesting for me. I would never divorce a culture from its "stuff", as one reflects the other at elate on Earth.

As Dr. Niels Gras Tyson said so well in his video many commented on on ATS, if humans have 1% "more", or a variance of DNA equivalent over Chimps, what would an alien have with just a 1% advantage over us? How about 5,10% ?

Ad to the fact I don't discount cross over of "other" types of entities, extra-dimensional, time travelers, even the one that if there is any truth in the mention made by Whitley Strieber when he mentioned when he asked at some point in his abduction drama asked something like "what do you do, why are you here"? he was told "we recycle Sol's" Now I can attribute any thing of unimaginable ability to any "mortal" being, if the stories that bodies were recovered have any truth, and my hunch is they do, a power that transcends death? Way out of my league.

But of all the things I ever heard, read about UFO's if there is any truth if this IS in any way valid, I would understand why my or any other nation every did and would not ever reveal this. Talk abbot the "Greatest Holy of Holies" and most dangerous revelation. One thing to screw with aliens as just that but involve aspects of our strongest religious and "perception of our reality" would be so serious, if up to me I would never reveal it, at least not now.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I recall from some years ago reading about an abductee that had something artificial in their body. It was before joints became so common. I think maybe it was a set of dentures.

Supposedly, the ETs were puzzled about what that item(s) was and the human explained.

If that story was true, then they don't know EVERYTHING!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm not a debunker or anything, but something about alien abductions came to me the other day. Is there any known abduction where the person was late for work or an appointment, picking a kid up late from school etc.?

Or maybe if the ET is telepathic, they know the person/persons don't have any immediate plans?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well if the implant situation is real, and I for one agree it is as there is physical proof of this then perhaps if I was abducted they might have difficulty in placing an implant in my ears because of my hearing aids. I also have additional sensory disabilities too. So would I be a candiate for abduction? If it is done by so called evil ailens doing probes I hope not! If I am taken by so called good guys and just given a tour then that is fine. It's just a branch of the abduction story that I am fascinated by and wondered if there were example of this having taken place. I guess we shall never know until First Contact is made officially, but it was just something I had to share as a point of conversation.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Alien abductions are very very real. Deal with it or.....stay in denial. Doesn't change the reality of it all.
Alien Abductions as an experience are real. But are they real experiences?

Betty Hill said the Greys didn't understand why her teeth didn't come out like they did her husbands. You see, Barney had dentures.

Even the most cunning liar couldn't make up such a minute detail like that and Betty was hardly a seasoned liar let alone a person looking for attention.

Umm, you mean aliens that were smart enough and technologically advanced enough to travel through intergallactic space couldn't tell that barneys teeth were not organic and that betty's were?
Ok.

You know what's interesting though, from the hundreds of accounts I've read, it seems most abductees weren't impaired at all. I never read about anyone who was was falling-down drunk. Or high on pot or buzzed on drugs. So maybe many who are disabled may be too medicated? Just a thought.

I have read many alien abduction accounts too.
In many cases there were impairments.
Particularly the impairment of mental illness as was sited by Barlow in 1995.

Although it must be mentioned that the vast majority of claims are not a consequence of mental illness I think it is worth noting that impaired people do claim to have abduction experiences.

Budd Hopkins noted that many abductees sought treatment for other issues like anxiety, panic attacks, nightmares, depression, and other problems that caused the abductees to feel concerned about their own mental health.
Whether these issues where caused by an actual abduction experience or generated the abduction experience is debatable.
Again, this is related to an individual being impaired relative to the abduction phenomena.

Another study noted that many abductess had a schizotypal personality profile that is given to magical thinking.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not a concern as I too have hearing aids and still have messages delivered. What I have come to know, they or at least some use the astral or another level to communicate, so hearing aids and such are of no concern. But then neither are lungs and bodies. lol. Wife came back after one of these and tried to scream for me and what disturbed her was her lungs did not work but then I reminded her, lungs did not work in the astral and she replied, "oh I forgot".

join