It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom watch: Not a single Democrat voted in favor of ending FDA raids on raw milk farmers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

But the law just doesnt speak for you alone, it speaks for all, and I would suggest that most people dont wish to be lied to by snake oil salesmen, even if you have no problem personally with it.

The current law protects snake oil salesmen like pharmaceutical companies and doctors who peddle their poisons as cures. Why don't people like you stop telling the rest of us what we can and cannot ingest because other people are to lazy to take responsibility for what they ingest on the advice of these snake oil salesmen...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by KibbleChild
reply to post by hawkiye

They're not even trying to hide they're tyranny anymore! This just sickens me beyond belief....This senate is sooo bought off that only 15 senators did the right thing and not a ONE was a democrat. I agree that the whole Congress needs to get the hell out NOW! I mean who the hell do they think they are..

gee, it couldn't be that people have DIED!! from tainted raw milk, could it? please try your "freedom to drink raw milk" on your own kids.

People have died from tainted cantaloupe, Source.... people have died from many foods. Does that mean the government should step in and decide what we can and cannot eat? It's a slippery slope.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think both versions of milk should be allowed.
I think people can can sort it out for themselves
Just fine. This is one case where I think government
Should only step in if a producer lies about the
Processing of the milk

I.e they errorniously claim it is pasteurized...

I understand public safety concerns, but it still
Feels you and I can decide just fine.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm allergic to the protein in all milk. I'm not as allergic to organic milk as I am to commercial milk. I can drink a lot more raw milk than either organic or especially commercial milk with milder reactions. I haven't yet figured out why but I know these above statements apply to my kind of allergy. I'm not willing to get tested on any of these things, as far as I am concerned people can test these things on themselves as I have.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

The government lets the buyer beware on other things, why should they have their nose stuck in this. I agree with you on misrepresentation and there should be disclosure that it is fresh milk to the purchaser. People can tell their guests that they have raw milk. I'm not afraid of raw milk.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From the article

Not a single Democrat in the United States Senate believes in fundamental food freedom, farm freedom or the principles of liberty. Every single Democrat in the Senate is a Big Brother sellout who supports the FDA having more guns pointed in the faces of raw milk farmers, arresting them and throwing them in prison, criminalizing real food and destroying America's small family farms.

www.naturalnews.com...

That's hardly surprising. It's kind of a silly article in that sense. Of course Democrats support a Federally mandated organization. That's their thing. I think the real story is how many on the right also voted to support this. And how many of those are ones who very recently were elected into office based on their claims of embracing 'small government'.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Did you really expect any Democrat or Republican congressman to have any knowledge that would contradict the main viewpoints of food safety that have been formed and taught(brainwashed) to the public?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by KibbleChild
reply to post by hawkiye

They're not even trying to hide they're tyranny anymore! This just sickens me beyond belief....This senate is sooo bought off that only 15 senators did the right thing and not a ONE was a democrat. I agree that the whole Congress needs to get the hell out NOW! I mean who the hell do they think they are..

gee, it couldn't be that people have DIED!! from tainted raw milk, could it? please try your "freedom to drink raw milk" on your own kids.

My kids grew up on raw milk raw cheese raw honey etc. along with many others in fact most people up to the 1950's did the same. Its amazing the human races has survived according to the idiots who claim without modern food regulation there is a pandemic around every corner...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Such a biased article and a biased news source.
Raw milk should say banned as it is.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Such a biased article and a biased news source.
Raw milk should say banned as it is.

Such an ignorant biased post. Many would say it is just a troll post or a drive by. Raw milk is not banned in most states, so much for you having any credibility.

Oh and by the way nice evidence to support your lie er ah I mean contention that the article and source are biased.

edit on 26-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Right on...I couldn't agree more.....

Growing up my folks were what some may call "health food" freaks, we drank raw milk, raw sugar, whole grain breads, lot's of fruit and veggies, etc.....lmao...my Dad even tried to make us take spoon fulls of codliver oil until I puked on his feet....
:

The point is, my sister and I were rarely sick, no wieght problems, high IQ's and no cavaties till late teens when we started to eat "junk" on our own....a soda or junk food was a "big" treat if we got them as kids....lol...all
the years being "embarressed" at having to offer the other kids granola, raw milk and carrot sticks makes me smile now....

I regret not being as "strict" with my daughter, she got her first cavaity at 8 yr. old, started puperty much earlier then my sister and I, and had problems concentrating in school. Now I don't know if this has anything to do with the milk and food she ate, and I would say I tried very hard to provide good nutrition over-all, but I did allow cookies, and other junk food my parents would not have allowed.

I remember volunteering at her school, and being shocked how many "sick" kids there were, where the Hell did this come from? I don't remember so many sick and over wieght kids growing up, I'm in my 40's now. The lunches these kids were bringing to school were shocking, a bag of chips instead of a piece of fruit or veggie snack,,,was just sad. on special occassions when I would bring in fruit salad these kids gobbled it up....
:

We started a veggie garden at school, and these kids LOVED it, seeing thier sweet little faces eating and enjoying the veggies they helped to grow was heartwarming. The government has NO RIGHT to interfere in ANY way with people growing thier own food, including animals in areas appropriate to do so. I feel very strongly about this, and did write that letter to Diane Fienstein letting her know how pissed I am, and will let you all know what response I get.
edit on 26-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
So where's the bit about milk?
All you suckers getting angry over the raw milk issue have just been lied to by naturalnews.... again.

I see the shills are out in force...

pasteurization
raw milk
cows
pasteurize
Raw milk
pasteurized
raw milk!
raw milk

Oh puhleese... stop ranting, name calling, and go read the actual amendment.
Paul Amendment #2143 to S. 3187

Naturalnews have sensationally lied to you, because this amendment has nothing to do with raw milk.
I'll say it again, because we're now on page 2 and nobody seems to be paying attention.
This amendment has nothing to do with raw milk.

To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act concerning claims about the effects of foods and dietary supplements on health-related conditions and disease, to prohibit employees of the Food and Drug Administration from carrying firearms and making arrests without warrants, and to adjust the mens rea of certain prohibited acts under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to knowing and willful.

link

naturalnews has kicked in a line to make you ANGRY and OUTRAGED.
And it has worked.
All you suckers getting angry over the raw milk issue have just been lied to by naturalnews.... again.

edit on 26-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just think all medicine - ALL medicine - should have a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.

No more problems with snake oil.

Or overprice, do nothing crap you get from the doctor.

In fact, if doctors can't help you in some way, you should be able to get your money back from them TOO.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Can someone point to the part of Paul's proposed amendment that refers specifically to raw milk? I just read it and cant seem to find that part.

S.AMDT.2143 Amends: S.3187 Sponsor: Sen Paul, Rand [KY] (submitted 5/22/2012) (proposed 5/23/2012) AMENDMENT PURPOSE: To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act concerning claims about the effects of foods and dietary supplements on health-related conditions and disease, to prohibit employees of the Food and Drug Administration from carrying firearms and making arrests without warrants, and to adjust the mens rea of certain prohibited acts under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to knowing and willful.

thomas.loc.gov...:SP02143:

thomas.loc.gov...:FLD001:S53453

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The point is that "armed" FDA agents were targeting small farms that produce raw milk...along with many other organic farmers.....geez...that was clearly stated as one of the abuses being carried out....just quit being "lame"....

edit on 26-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry...that wasn't nice if your question is sincere, I'm sorry. To say the reason for the bill didn't mention "raw milk" specifacilly is missing the point I think. Small dairy farms are directly in harm's way by this unreasonable "power" from the FDA...that is the point I think....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Sorry...that wasn't nice if your question is sincere, I'm sorry. To say the reason for the bill didn't mention "raw milk" specifacilly is missing the point I think. Small dairy farms are directly in harm's way by this unreasonable "power" from the FDA...that is the point I think....

The Headline of the article : Freedom watch: Not a single Democrat voted in favor of ending FDA raids on raw milk farmers

Natural News is sensationalist crap that actually kills your brain cells.

thomas.loc.gov...:SP02143:

thomas.loc.gov...:./temp/~r112Mil4Ch
edit on 26-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Pasteurization" does not = additives such as hormones, anti-biotics and such. I see nothing wrong with pasteurization if it makes milk/honey/whatever safe for everyone. I do see something wrong with the additives, whether pasteurized or not.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well...extended the olive branch, if your response is to tell me I lack "brain cells" ...lol...so be it....

I will watch your links and respond.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ok, so tried to open both links you posted, both were unavailable, sooo not feeling your "motives" here?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join