Freedom watch: Not a single Democrat voted in favor of ending FDA raids on raw milk farmers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Freedom watch: Not a single Democrat voted in favor of ending FDA raids on raw milk farmers

www.naturalnews.com

After U.S. Senator Rand Paul introduced an amendment that would have ended armed FDA raids on raw milk farmers and legalized free speech about the curative properties of medicinal herbs, nutritional supplements and superfoods, are you curious how many Democrats [and Republicans] voted in favor of this?

Zero.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It starts off laying into Democrats but does lay into Republicans also. Only 15 senators voted for the Amendment I don't like how the article starts off as a partisan rant against democrats but that is not the point. The point is the entire congress needs to go.

We do not even have food freedom in America anymore people! These goddamned idiots are telling you what you can eat what you can grow who you have to got to for healthcare etc etc.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish for the crash to happen even though I know it would be worse then what we have...

There is no more dangerous entity in the history of the world than a power-hungry government. Inevitably, all such governments quickly turn evil and destructive, often ending in the mass death of tens of millions of innocents. The ghosts of Hitler, Stalin, Mao and other regimes now echo throughout the chambers of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. With each new vote -- the Patriot Act, NDAA, Food Safety Modernization Act, etc. -- our own representatives thrust us one step closer to a totalitarian dictatorship. Step by step, day by day, a future of mass government death and destruction where the People are stripped of all freedoms inches every closer.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

This says it all right here...

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

They're not even trying to hide they're tyranny anymore! This just sickens me beyond belief....This senate is sooo bought off that only 15 senators did the right thing and not a ONE was a democrat. I agree that the whole Congress needs to get the hell out NOW! I mean who the hell do they think they are..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Tough one
the issue is simple. a highly contagous bacterial infection found in raw cows milk can sweep through the population. This was discovered in the mid/late 19th century and pasturization sorted that out

No, not every glass of raw milk will contain this bacteria..but instead of doing expensive tests to see if a cow has contracted it on a weekly basis, the resolution was simple...treat all milk as this dangerous infection and pasteurize it all.

So whats the solution?
Would you want your neighbor to be doing something that could in turn effect your personal health?

Its one thing to take the risk yourself...its another thing to put your community in danger based on your personal choice.

In saying all this, this is taking the FDA's word over hard facts. I would like a full discussion to occur between accredited scientists on both sides of the fence and give me actual hard data and peer reviewed papers. a debate between politicians and farmers doesn't impress me as both want to push an agenda...bring in the professionals and dismiss the first two groups.

I will say one thing though..and this kicks in my skeptic radar. Pasturization processing is costly...a corporation would gladly remove this process and save money..so, that immediately puts me on the defensive..they would sell their grandmothers for fuel if it made them a profit. Anyone pushing an emotional angry argument that ties back into being pro-corporate profits immediately puts red flags up for me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KibbleChild
reply to post by hawkiye

They're not even trying to hide they're tyranny anymore! This just sickens me beyond belief....This senate is sooo bought off that only 15 senators did the right thing and not a ONE was a democrat. I agree that the whole Congress needs to get the hell out NOW! I mean who the hell do they think they are..

How do you figure they are "bought off"? Why would a corporation buy off a senator to make sure they are spending more money to get a product out?

if anything, that alone should make you stop and want to know the facts more than what the emotional arguments are...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Having read a bit more about the proposed amendment, I'm going to go against the ATS thought here and actually say WELL DONE to all those politicians.

The amendment isnt about milk. Thats a gross simplification headline intended to create OUTRAGE.

The amendment would actually create a free speech area involving claims about medical cures. Back to the snake oil days, the amendment would allow anyone to say anything cures anything, all in the name of free speech.

Right now it is not allowed to say (for example) "Alfa1's tonic" cures cancer, arthritis and lowers blood pressure, BUT with this amendment I would indeed be allowed to make those claims.
Under "free speech".

Rand Paul = Snake Oil cures for all.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by hawkiye

How do you figure they are "bought off"? Why would a corporation buy off a senator to make sure they are spending more money to get a product out?

if anything, that alone should make you stop and want to know the facts more than what the emotional arguments are...

Maybe this is all about the government taking control of our food supply little by little. It could tie into the U.N. agenda 21 possibly.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is so disturbing, it makes me furious ! God forbid people want to give thier children and themselves fresh milk from a small farm that doesn't use hormones and all the other "good" things put in our milk supply.

I have heard of local law enforcement stepping in, in some cases and preventing Feds from "tresspassing" on private property, which at least gives that farmer thier day in court....but this is a REALLY BAD thing, and a stab in the HEART of America.

I am writing Diane Fienstien a letter today letting her know how disgusted I am with her vote on this unconstitutional and unjust bill / law. That "witch" certainly didn't represent me and what I believe are most people living in CA.

What's next? They come in with chain saws and cut down our fruit trees? I hope people SCREAM like HELL about this !!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Because the thread title is completely misleading and sensationalist, I'll write a summary based on Rand Paul's own words.

The amendment (now defeated) is in three parts...

1. To enable manufacturers of vitamins suppliments and snake oil cures to make any and all claims about the product that they wish to do, all under the name of free speech.

2. To disarm the FDA.

3. To require adequate mens rea protection. In other words, when you have a crime, you're supposed to prove the intent. This amendment would include the words "knowing" and "willful" before addressing and accuse someone of a crime.

link

So where's the bit about milk?
All you suckers getting angry over the raw milk issue have just been lied to by naturalnews.... again.

edit on 26-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe this is all about the government taking control of our food supply little by little. It could tie into the U.N. agenda 21 possibly.

If the evil government wanted to reduce population, then they would assume no responsibility for the food supply...just put out a "buyer beware" for all things and let anything go. Let corporations feed you unprocessed garbage filled with animal waste and whatever else they can shove in there to bulk up products..let disease run rampant, and make a bajillion bucks from hospitals as food poisoning spikes through the roof

(the conspiracy of 21 is that sustainable development = pop reduction).

Taking more control over things that can be deadly means you are more accountable for the health issues that arise from it. its the opposite of the conspiracy...so somehow the opposite action equates to...the exact same thing?
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I read the article you provided and it actually convinced me even more that this bill should have passed. The FDA is corrupt, and I do want thier "power" reined in. They have no right to be armed and raid private farms. I don't TRUST the information they give us about health, nutrition , medicine, and I will go as far as to say I think they "prevent" and block medical cures and information.

As long as the FDA is in bed with Drug companies, Monsanto and this corrupt ganster government, I don't want them having ANY power over what I can eat, grow and any "snake oil" I choose to consume.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

gee, it couldn't be that people have DIED!! from tainted raw milk, could it? please try your "freedom to drink raw milk" on your own kids.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Of course they wouldn’t vote to disarm any branch of the police state.

They need to burn up some of those 450 million rounds they spent our money on!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So all the family farms that gave thier children fresh milk everyday from the family cow with NO problems for hundreds of years are NOW suddenly in "danger" because the milk may be tainted? I don't buy this argument at all, however I will look into the matter further. How many people have actually died? Was the cow sick? Was the milk handled incorrectly?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
I read the article you provided and it actually convinced me even more that this bill should have passed. The FDA is corrupt, and I do want thier "power" reined in.

IMHO, Rand Paul should resubmit this, but in separate parts, starting, for example with the part about disarming the FDA, but only that part by itself.
There may be many who like parts of that bill, but not other parts.

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
I don't want them having ANY power over what I can eat, grow and any "snake oil" I choose to consume.

But the law just doesnt speak for you alone, it speaks for all, and I would suggest that most people dont wish to be lied to by snake oil salesmen, even if you have no problem personally with it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I understand your point....the problem I have is that I believe actual "good" medicine is being supressed by the FDA, so "snake oil" seems to me to be a "loaded" term, and is used to scare people into rejecting ulternative medicine.

Look, these people tell us Floride in the water is safe too...so they have zero crediability with me.

I do agree that at least not "arming" the FDA would be a good place to start however....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually the bacteria that caused the problems, Listeria, is not in the milk itself and the problem from unsanitary farmers not cleaning their cows udders or taking milk from sick cows. Most farmers that had cows were aware that milk from sick cows wasn't usable but commercialization of milk caused a lot of iffy farmers to get into business and they were selling milk that couldn't be traced to them and didn't care. Very few conscientious small farmers have problems with bad milk. Only twenty five percent of the population have problems with that form of bacteria also, it is covered by our immune systems. It's pretty much a big lie that was spread by big business in this country to make all farmers have to sell their product to the milk industry. Farmers don't get rich most of the time but investors and management of the milk industries make moocho money. Look at motive. There were also people sent out by the milk industry to sicken cows of farmers that wouldn't comply in the past. These things aren't internet lies, I heard of this from old farmers who had witnessed these things. All the people I knew that knew of this are already dead and dead people can't testify.

I do not think pasteurization is nearly as bad as Homogenization is though. Under present conditions I would not drink commercial milk unless it was Pasteurized. If people saw the conditions in some of these commercial milk farms as I have, they would not argue about that. There are many good farmers that still do things right though and sell good milk to these milk companies. I don't think their milk would have to be pasteurized but it is mixed with others milk in the trucks.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The FDA was started in the early nineteen hundreds. The American Chemistry Association was watching things before that but they said some chemicals used by industry weren't good for people. The government was corrupt back then also and started a new organization to overlook food safety. This new FDA was formed and these chemicals were never removed from foods. One of these chemicals is propylene glycol. Milk is regulated by the USDA not FDA although there are crosslinks that are shared. Both organizations need to be looked at for possible corruption. Both organizations were also formed to protect the food industry and not the consumer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Because the thread title is completely misleading and sensationalist, I'll write a summary based on Rand Paul's own words.

The amendment (now defeated) is in three parts...

1. To enable manufacturers of vitamins suppliments and snake oil cures to make any and all claims about the product that they wish to do, all under the name of free speech.

2. To disarm the FDA.

3. To require adequate mens rea protection. In other words, when you have a crime, you're supposed to prove the intent. This amendment would include the words "knowing" and "willful" before addressing and accuse someone of a crime.

link

So where's the bit about milk?
All you suckers getting angry over the raw milk issue have just been lied to by naturalnews.... again.

edit on 26-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I see the shills are out in force...Sigh! Intent has always been a maxim of law until recently in this corrupt age. Its nobodies damn business what I choose to eat and whom I chose for health advice and treatment. That is called freedom for the liberty impaired!

And the myth that some bacteria will sweep through the population if we do not have pasteurization is just ridiculous. People have been drinking raw milk for thousands of years without such an event. In fact the danger comes from factory farms where cows are raised in their own feces and fed grains instead of grass which is not their natural food. This promotes diseases like E Coli etc. So they have to pasteurize

Raw milk farmers do not operate this way usually and are a small minority so their is no danger of the entire population being effected with any problems and they have a far better track record then factory farms as far as disease goes.

Here is a novel idea you keep drinking pasteurized slop and allow me to drink raw milk! That again is called freedom for the liberty impaired who come on these threads and spew their crap propaganda!

Heading out right now to Cliffs Country Market to get a half gallon of raw milk and some raw cheese and raw honey!

PS Natural News is not lying they are warriors on the forefront of food and health freedom!

edit on 26-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thank-you for clarifing what the actual concerns might be. Since most small farms probably drink thier own cows milk, it would seem a very good motivation to keep thier cows clean and healthy. It seems the "danger" has been greatly exagerated to "justify" raiding people's private farms, seizing property and preventing people's control over thier own food supply.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant