It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas governor signs 'Shariah bill' to ban Islamic law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

How about this one you yourself pointed out. shariah is islamic right? islamy is a religion right? And by allowing shariah law into the US would be condoning the establishment of religion.
If people love shariah law so much go to a country that has it.

The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion

Also thanks for the laugh, it's nice to see just how open minded you yourself are with the name calling, very grown up.

What part about this don't you and the idiots running Kansas not understand?

edit on 26-5-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I guess religious freedom only extends to Christians in the US then?
This is pretty F'd up crap right here.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Do any of you that are so scared of and upset by Sharia law actually know what it is and how it works?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal
reply to post by Chance321

Do any of you that are so scared of and upset by Sharia law actually know what it is and how it works?

Firsthand thank you very much and as a woman that visited a country run very much by it, I was appalled with the restrictions..... I will take the United States any day even in the condition it's in..

Hell they wouldn't even let me purchase my own coffee in public, me with out coffee is just asking for trouble...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

No and to be totally honest I could really care less. This is AMERICA not an islamic nation, and these are our laws.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

No and to be totally honest I could really care less. This is AMERICA not an islamic nation, and these are our laws.

Sorry for your ignorance. Are you suggesting that America is a Jewish nation since we allow them to follow their laws? If I want to follow Sharia law, that changes America how?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Firsthand thank you very much and as a woman that visited a country run very much by it, I was appalled with the restrictions..... I will take the United States any day even in the condition it's in..

While you were there did you completely fail to learn what you were witnessing?

Hell they wouldn't even let me purchase my own coffee in public, me with out coffee is just asking for trouble...

That is not Sharia law, that is the law of the F'ed up place you were in. There is nothing in Sharia law that prevents you from doing anything you want to.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Can any of you explain to me how the rules of dodgeball have ill effects on baseball players?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal

Originally posted by vkey08

While you were there did you completely fail to learn what you were witnessing?

That is not Sharia law, that is the law of the F'ed up place you were in. There is nothing in Sharia law that prevents you from doing anything you want to.

Unfortunately what i witnessed were Religious Police (CPVPV) telling what I could and could not do and what said penalties were for said actions. They claimed to be lenient because i was a visiting American, but... they claimed it was all written in Islamic (Sharia) Law and I could look it up.. What was I missing when they were treating a human being like a sub-class (this was Saudi Arabia btw)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Blue laws are laws of the land as they were voted for by the populace of a given area.
If you argument is, will sharia law be allowed in the United States?
No
You can worship in any faith you choose but it is the motion of an actual event that will bring the constitution into play.
If tomorrow all muslims in the US go to sharia, no law is broken.
If they kill an infidel , under sharia no problem, those responsible have broken the US law against murder.
Still a long ways from getting sharia under freedom of religion
According to Rastafarians they should be smoking in front of the police station,not, not even in Jamaica
Here is some sharia as it stands in Iran, I don’t think this will fly

mehr.org...

Text
Section 4:
Special Ceremonies for Implementation of Stoning to Death
….
….
Article 22 – Members of the police or prison guards must initially dig the location for
execution of the verdict, according to and following the description in Article 102 of
“Islamic Penal Law”, and prepare some amount of stones (rocks) of specified sizes
according to Article 102 of the aforementioned law. The “executing judge” will initially
inspect the preparations and, upon satisfactory inspection, he will order the execution to
proceed.
Article 23 – In the case when conviction of the prisoner is based on his (her) confession, the
“ruling judge” will throw the first stone at the convict, then the spectators can proceed to
cast their stones. However, if conviction is based on the statement of witnesses, the first
stones are thrown by the witnesses, followed by the “ruling judge”.
Clause 1 - The “ruling judge” refers to the judge who initially has ruled the verdict, unless
the “assessment branch office of the supreme court” has nullified the ruling of the original
court, and has
ruled for stoning. In which case, the head of the aforementioned office or one of the
members in that office, upon recommendation of the head of that office, can execute the
stoning verdict.
Clause 2 - The absence or refusal of the “ruling judge” or witnesses for throwing the first
stone do not constitute reasons for suspension of the verdict. And in any case the verdict will
be executed by the order of the “executing judge”, unless the charge of fornication of the
convict is proved by statements of the witnesses, and witnesses have run away at the time of
stoning. Or, if fornication is proved by confession of the accused, but (s) he can manage to
escape from the hole in ground in which (s) he was buried. In these two cases the verdict
will not be executed and the “execution judge” will issue the order to suspend the verdict.
The same is true if the case falls under Article 71 of “Islamic Penal Law” approved in 1370
(1991 A.D.), in which case Clause 17 of that Article will be implemented.

edit on 26-5-2012 by redneck13 because: x

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
islammonitor.org...

Text
Some common laws of “Islamic Sharia” which are regularly practiced in the Islamically ruled (Sharia-based) nations with some minor variations:
1- Jihad defined as “to war against all non-Muslims to establish the religion” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.
3- The head of an Islamic State (Caliph) cannot be charged, let alone be punished for serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape (Hudood cases) - Codified Islamic Law Vol 3 # 914C of and page 188 of Hedaya the Hanafi manual.
4- A percentage of Zakat (alms) must go towards jihad.
5- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
6- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
7- The Muslim public must remove the Caliph in one case, if he rejects Islam.
8- A Muslim who leaves Islam (apostate) must be killed immediately.
9- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of : a) an apostasy b) an adulterer c) a highway robber. Making vigilante street justice and honor killing acceptable.
10- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim.
11- Sharia never abolished slavery and sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave. Slavery still exists amongst Arab Muslims.
12- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, for sins like killing, adultery, prostitutions; and other Quranic corporal punishments like: amputation of limbs (chopping hands and feet), floggings, beatings and other forms of cruel and unusual punishments even for the sins like: stealing, sexual promiscuity, robbery, burglary etc.
13- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims and must comply to Sharia (pay Zizzya: poll tax) if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their own religious scriptures, or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he commits adultery with a Muslim woman or if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
14- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. However, Muslims can curse, criticize or say anything derogatory they like to the religions of others.
15- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
16- Banks must be Sharia compliant and interest is not allowed.
17- No testimony in court is acceptable from people of low-level jobs, such as street sweepers or a bathhouse attendant. Women in such low level jobs such as professional funeral mourners cannot keep custody of their children in case of divorce.
18- A non-Muslim cannot rule even over a non-Muslims minority.
19- Homosexuality is punishable by death

edit on 26-5-2012 by redneck13 because: v

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
islammonitor.org...

Text
20- There is no age limit for marriage of girls under Sharia. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and consummated at age 8 or 9.
21- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
22- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: “I divorce you” and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
23- There is no common property between husband and wife and the husband’s property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
24- A woman inherits half what a man inherits. Sister gets half of what brother gets.
25- A man has the right to have up to 4 wives and wife has no right to divorce him even if he is polygamous.
26- The dowry is given in exchange for the woman’s sexual organs.
27- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and also with women captured in battle (concubines), and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
28- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man; that is, two women equal to one man.
29- A woman looses custody if she remarries.
30- A rapist may only be required to pay the bride-money (dowry) without marrying the rape victim.
31- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body which is considered “Awrah,” a sexual organ. Some schools of Sharia allow the face and some don’t.
32- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife caught in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women since he “could be married to the woman he was caught with.”
33-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory and is known as Taqiyya (Islamic Deception). That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam’s commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.

The above are clear-cut laws in Islam decided by great Imams after years of examination and interpretation of the Quran, Hadith and Mohammed’s life.
34. The perpetrators of genocide, mass rape and plunder will not be punished if they repent - Codified Islamic Law Vol 1 # 13.
35. To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses. Women’s testimony is not accepted - Pakistan’s Hudood ordnance 7 of 1979 amended by 8B of 1980. Thousands of raped women and girls in many countries have been charged with Zena (physical relations outside marriage) and punished by Sharia courts for want of witnesses.
36. All modern music including sexually explicit music of any kind is strictly prohibited and punishable by Islamic Sharia code of justice. Only Islamic songs are allowed.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ahhhh, another enlightened one. Someone doesn't see to your way of thinking out comes the name calling, very good.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Mkoll
of Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers in how they ...-snip-

Quick off topic question. Why do muslims say that whenever they say Muhammad?
And...why not also when saying things like Moses, Jesus, Abraham, and Joe the guy down the street that died last week?

If its respect for the dead, then it should be after any dead,
If its respect for a prophet, then it should be after every prophet, right?

just a mild curiosity, one I never spent much time researching...try to make it super brief as it is off topic and don't want to detract from the thread.

It's a gesture of respect. And they also say it when mentioning Moses and Jesus as well because they view them as Prophets of God.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

How about this one you yourself pointed out. shariah is islamic right? islamy is a religion right? And by allowing shariah law into the US would be condoning the establishment of religion.
If people love shariah law so much go to a country that has it.

The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion

Also thanks for the laugh, it's nice to see just how open minded you yourself are with the name calling, very grown up.

What part about this don't you and the idiots running Kansas not understand?

edit on 26-5-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

I didn't call you an idiot I called the people running Kansas an idiot.

Comprehending English try it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The part of Sharia Law that is most objectionable to western nations is:

www.islamic-bank.com...

Sharia Finance
What is Islamic Finance?

The basis for all Islamic finance lies in the principles of the Sharia, or Islamic Law, which is taken from the Qur'an and from the example of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The Islamic form of finance is as old as the religion of Islam itself.

Central to Islamic finance is the fact that money itself has no intrinsic value. As a matter of faith, a Muslim cannot lend money to, or receive money from someone and expect to benefit – interest (known as riba) is not allowed. To make money from money is forbidden – wealth can only be generated through legitimate trade and investment in assets. Money must be used in a productive way.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The people of Kansas are saying to Muslims,
Don’t even think about it

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
The people of Kansas are saying to Muslims,
Don’t even think about it

It's not the people of Kansas it's the government of Kansas.

Two different things.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing that out, as i am from Kansas and against this law it is obvious that the people are not saying it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Hooray! Freedom will prevail in the U.S.

Buster, you love Sharia Law so much...here's the Sharia Law that you want to take over america:

1- Jihad defined as “to war against all non-Muslims to establish the religion” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.
3- The head of an Islamic State (Caliph) cannot be charged, let alone be punished for serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape (Hudood cases) - Codified Islamic Law Vol 3 # 914C of and page 188 of Hedaya the Hanafi manual.
4- A percentage of Zakat (alms) must go towards jihad.
5- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
6- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
7- The Muslim public must remove the Caliph in one case, if he rejects Islam.
8- A Muslim who leaves Islam (apostate) must be killed immediately.
9- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of : a) an apostasy b) an adulterer c) a highway robber. Making vigilante street justice and honor killing acceptable.
10- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim.
11- Sharia never abolished slavery and sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave. Slavery still exists amongst Arab Muslims.
12- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, for sins like killing, adultery, prostitutions; and other Quranic corporal punishments like: amputation of limbs (chopping hands and feet), floggings, beatings and other forms of cruel and unusual punishments even for the sins like: stealing, sexual promiscuity, robbery, burglary etc.
13- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims and must comply to Sharia (pay Zizzya: poll tax) if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their own religious scriptures, or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he commits adultery with a Muslim woman or if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
14- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. However, Muslims can curse, criticize or say anything derogatory they like to the religions of others.
15- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
16- Banks must be Sharia compliant and interest is not allowed.
17- No testimony in court is acceptable from people of low-level jobs, such as street sweepers or a bathhouse attendant. Women in such low level jobs such as professional funeral mourners cannot keep custody of their children in case of divorce.
18- A non-Muslim cannot rule even over a non-Muslims minority.
19- Homosexuality is punishable by death. (18 January 2011, 5:26pm) - Two young men who filmed themselves having sex with a 17-year-old have been sentenced to death by stoning in Iran (click on image for full story)
20- There is no age limit for marriage of girls under Sharia. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and consummated at age 8 or 9.
21- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
22- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: “I divorce you” and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
23- There is no common property between husband and wife and the husband’s property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
24- A woman inherits half what a man inherits. Sister gets half of what brother gets.
25- A man has the right to have up to 4 wives and wife has no right to divorce him even if he is polygamous.
26- The dowry is given in exchange for the woman’s sexual organs.
27- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and also with women captured in battle (concubines), and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
28- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man; that is, two women equal to one man.
29- A woman looses custody if she remarries.
30- A rapist may only be required to pay the bride-money (dowry) without marrying the rape victim.
31- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body which is considered “Awrah,” a sexual organ. Some schools of Sharia allow the face and some don’t.
32- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife caught in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women since he “could be married to the woman he was caught with.”
33-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory and is known as Taqiyya (Islamic Deception). That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam’s commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.
The above are clear-cut laws in Islam decided by great Imams after years of examination and interpretation of the Quran, Hadith and Mohammed’s life.

34. The perpetrators of genocide, mass rape and plunder will not be punished if they repent - Codified Islamic Law Vol 1 # 13.
35. To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses. Women’s testimony is not accepted - Pakistan’s Hudood ordnance 7 of 1979 amended by 8B of 1980. Thousands of raped women and girls in many countries have been charged with Zena (physical relations outside marriage) and punished by Sharia courts for want of witnesses.
36. All modern music including sexually explicit music of any kind is strictly prohibited and punishable by Islamic Sharia code of justice. Only Islamic songs are allowed.

Sharia Law

This is what will happen to america if Sharia is permitted to conquer us all.
edit on 26-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join