It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Half of U.S. Lives in Household Getting Benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."

Yes more please can I have another helping of slavery?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know if you are replying to me, but I do not believe I said anything about anyone hating the poor people.

It seems that lately the poor are being blamed for this countries financial problems.

While I agree that the welfare system needs a serious overhaul, I think that the problems are deeper than just the assistance that people recieve.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by neo96

I don't know if you are replying to me, but I do not believe I said anything about anyone hating the poor people.

It seems that lately the poor are being blamed for this countries financial problems.

While I agree that the welfare system needs a serious overhaul, I think that the problems are deeper than just the assistance that people recieve.
\

Meanwhile the rich are tax free

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

No I blame social engineering and those programs that serve no one but Government who runs them and holds them over their heads for votes to stay in office.

Insteading "helping" they have become the biggest drain of this country and its future because none of those programs give anyone a future.

That is made by themselves.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Guess it really is too much to ask for people to have an adult conversation without someone throwing out the victim card and saying anyone critical of the welfare complex hates poor people,.

Really must be asking too damn much.
edit on 26-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

"anyone critical of the welfare complex hates poor people"...what adult conversation did this come from?

i guess the only victims are the wealthy that make over a 1 million a year and cried like babies when it was suggested they pay 3% more on their taxes...aaahhhh....those poor, poor misunderstood millionaires, and billionaires...i guess this would really cut into their fuel costs for their private jets, and yachts.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Blah blah blah hate the rich same old tune that never has flown because it keeps getting recycled for over 100 years.

The problem is Government who created the problem to offer the solution(welfare),

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Look at how many people are living below the poverty level and it's a small wonder why people are living off of the government. It's our fault for choosing this failure of an economic system to follow.

It's funny how people say they are living off of the blood and sweat of others. Funny how you never heard that when the wealthy was crying to be bailed out after they collapsed the economy of how they were living off the blood and sweat of others.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't like that news, but people have to live someway.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
by the way...bush cut taxes 3 times on the top income producers...you know the job creators....problem is those job creators only created jobs overseas...and the republicans STILL want to cut their taxes even more.
this is why the wealthy become stupid...they are in such a bubble that they don't realize that this massive income disparity, HAS ALWAYS resulted in the grisly murders of them, and their families, along with the confiscation of their assets, throughout human history. so many books have been written about this, and yet, the wealthy don't ever see this happening to them.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yay! But obviously the solution is to keep raising taxes on those who are working hard for a living, you know, actually DOING something. Thanks Obama!

The USA is broken. And it isn't going to get fixed when half the population are leeches.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
by the way...bush cut taxes 3 times on the top income producers...you know the job creators....problem is those job creators only created jobs overseas...and the republicans STILL want to cut their taxes even more.
this is why the wealthy become stupid...they are in such a bubble that they don't realize that this massive income disparity, HAS ALWAYS resulted in the grisly murders of them, and their families, along with the confiscation of their assets, throughout human history. so many books have been written about this, and yet, the wealthy don't ever see this happening to them.

We have left the USA in order to build wealth that wasn't really possible there. We have no intentions of returning. Our monthly spending budget, including what our company pays to keep us housed here, is around $6,000 per month going into a different country's economy.

We're surrounded by people who have done the same. Their own countries are complete messes, so they leave. Should I stay and be injured by rabble like you who want to take what I've worked for?? No thanks. But please, keep America circling the drain. It's awesome, really.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

maybe, income has not kept up with living expenses, maybe, the 9 million jobs sent overseas by corporations and businessesv have left many people with no job source, maybe giving massive tax breaks to those very corporations and the wealthy, have made this country an economic fuedal kingdom

"" the 9 million jobs sent overseas by corporations and businesses""

Why, in your opinion, has Obama and Congress NOT done anything to fix that ??

They had plenty of chances.

well, because republicans voted in right-wingers that kiss the ass of every wealthy person around, no matter how much it hurts the middle class and poor. you know, this isn't some vast secret knowledge....they come right out and brag about it, and the simple numbers of income disparity are easily attainable and verifiable.
the republican house even voted down THE EQUAL PAY ACT FOR WOMEN!!!....what a proud moment in republican political circles.

Um well uh ...

Obama had the 111th Congress his first two years.

Democrats in both the House and the Senate had full control of all the committees.

Note: which Republican filibusters would have made a difference (if any) ?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by xuenchen

The funny thing is you're not even getting anything out of your "welfare system".

I watched a documentary about the U.S. "welfare system" the other day and you're basically just handing out money without any perspective on improvement of the welfare recipients' situation.

Without an effective and thoroughly monitored occupational re-training / re-education program, you're not really giving people an incentive to get back to work.

A proper unemployment insurance system should be designed to assist people through a rough patch for a short time and then get them back into work as soon as possible, not as paid holiday.

I agree.

It's all chicken feed and stagnation.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
They are recieving alot more than 1 benefit. I see people here who get 600 a month in free food, have a brand new hummer or mercedes, not a brain cell in there head, and of course no job. Millions of them all over Cleveland. Everything free is the mindset here. Just consuming , throwing trash in the street, and crapping all over the world .Meanwhile veterans get turned into the street in there wheelchairs. Wait till they turn that food card off my dude. Then well see how cool lil wayne is then.

sure right...you wouldn't happen to have any proof of all this nonsense you are spewing, do you? cleveland has a population of 478,000...must be that republican math your using.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Yay! But obviously the solution is to keep raising taxes on those who are working hard for a living, you know, actually DOING something. Thanks Obama!

And keep protesting in the streets about those "lucky" SOBs instead of aspiring to something yourself.

The USA is broken. And it isn't going to get fixed when half the population are leeches.

So what are these leeches supposed to do? Starve to death? There are not enough jobs to go around thanks to incentives given to companies to move jobs overseas. Guess who was responsible that that lunacy. The wealthy are the true leeches in this country.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Working class people have figured out the whole capitalistic wage slavery thing and they no longer want to participate. There are no Lazy people only bad slaves. Capitalism is headed for the trash heap of history! It's about time!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The fact of the matter, is that the media is portraying a middle class vs wealthy scienero. When in fact its poor vs rich.

The media is instigating a class warfare

the wealthy class has already won that war, and they are trying to make money on what's left

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Our country should be looking for ways to create permanent jobs. Not just quick temp jobs created that make the numbers look temporarily better. Also, companies that outsource should be taxed at a steep rate that makes it prohibitive. Imports on items besides food and clothing should also be taxed heavily. Then there would be some incentive to move jobs back into the US.

Yes we will have to pay more for our blackberries etc... But in the end we will have less people living off the tax payers. Which is more important, cheap electronic toys, or jobs for americans? Either way we pay.
edit on 26-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by xuenchen

The funny thing is you're not even getting anything out of your "welfare system".

I watched a documentary about the U.S. "welfare system" the other day and you're basically just handing out money without any perspective on improvement of the welfare recipients' situation.

Without an effective and thoroughly monitored occupational re-training / re-education program, you're not really giving people an incentive to get back to work.

A proper unemployment insurance system should be designed to assist people through a rough patch for a short time and then get them back into work as soon as possible, not as paid holiday.

retraining?? re-education? for what jobs? please show where these vast numbers of available jobs are located.
there was a new Krispy Kreme donut shop that opened up a few months back and they had about 80 jobs to fill at minimum wage...over 600 showed up and stood in a line in the wee hours of the morning just to get an interview.....that's where all those POOR LAZY PEOPLE were.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Then there is the corporate welfare. The endless wars that give HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars to defense companies favored by the Senators and Congressmen on their payroll or who have their stock in their portfolio. Corporate welfare is more sinister because it seems like free enterprise. But make no bones about it. THEY ARE SUCKING THE TEATS OF THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER DRY AND THEN CUTTING THEM OFF AND EATING THEM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join