It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING ILLUSION!!! Is this how celebrities REALLY look???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Friends...

Caught this today and just had to share it with the community. Of course, it's merely a really cool optical illusion, but I couldn't help but to think of reverse speech when I watched it. Maybe by looking at the "cross" (coincidence that looking at a cross reveals this to us???) we see the soul behind the mask. Either way, it's fun. Peace...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
wow! that was pretty cool! some of them even looked like aliens!

funny how your mind/eyes can fool you eh!?!
nice post!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the least surprised if someone will use this as "proof" for Reptilians.
Clearly disguised Repilians can be identified by observing them only from the corners of the eye where the frequencey of their hologramdevices do not reach. Or something.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That was amazing. I am totally speechless about that.

S&F for finding this amazing mind trickery!

Great minds come up with amazing stuff like this. Videos like this put my faith back into Youtube from time to time

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Wouldn't be the least surprised if someone will use this as "proof" for Reptilians.
Clearly disguised Repilians can be identified by observing them only from the corners of the eye where the frequencey of their hologramdevices do not reach. Or something.

I was thinking the same thing....just wait I bet that will happen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
that just freakin blew my mind.. i had to watch it twice to even believe what i was seeing. Very good job on the post op.But i have to ask you all this question; knowing what we have all just seen, what does this mean?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
this was posted the other day.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
this was posted the other day.

Damn! I did a search before posting, but nothing came up. Mods...if it's redundant, please feel free to remove. Peace...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

That was very,very cool.To be honest when the pictures started 'changing" i jumped back and i stopped the video

Thanks OP.

S+F
edit on 26-5-2012 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I couldn't especially get it to work for me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Some of their faces do not seem symmetrical at all. I have a few theories

1) The images are photoshopped to make the person in the image appear more attractive. The more attractive, the more influential (marketing). Therefore, when using your peripheral vision, the editing is revealed.

2) The people in the images have had much plastic surgery. The more attractive, the more influential (marketing). Therefore, when using your peripheral vision the augmentations are more noticeable.

3) The images themselves are at such an angle to make the person in the image appear disfigured when viewed through peripheral vision. The people in the images do not have non-symmetrical faces.

4) The people in the images that appear symmetrical, but are extremely ugly when viewed through peripheral vision... well, that's why they wear lots of makeup and get plastic surgery.

5) The people in the images have "ugly" souls. When using peripheral vision, their "true colors" are shown.

Please, before you spend time and effort debunking these theories, know that they are just theories I came up with on the spot. I am by no means saying any one of these theories are correct. I would like your input on them either way.

Thank you kindly

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool and weird. The dude on the left at 22 seconds was the weirdest for me, his face was just gone, melted away. Reminded me of an old Twilight Zone episode.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Is there something that explains why this happens?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb
Friends...

Caught this today and just had to share it with the community. Of course, it's merely a really cool optical illusion, but I couldn't help but to think of reverse speech when I watched it. Maybe by looking at the "cross" (coincidence that looking at a cross reveals this to us???) we see the soul behind the mask. Either way, it's fun. Peace...

Quite interesting. I bought a 3D smart TV and was watching a 3D movie and had passive 3D glasses on and looked in a mirror and saw the strange reverse look at my eyes just like + cross thing. When I decided to cover one eye the other eye 3D lens went black while viewing in a mirror. Then covered the other eye looking in the mirror, same the other turned black but my vision view seemed normal. Can we be in a matrix and our eyes full us for some reason?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by BBobb

Is there something that explains why this happens?
I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with there being pictures of faces side by side. Maybe if you block out one side, this illusion wouldn't work. Maybe it's because our minds compare the two faces subconciously and it makes the differences stand out more....?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

@OP

It's called makeup, lighting, & camera angle / depth.
There are so many factors that can make someone look good or bad in photographs / film.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That was so cool! I like how they all resemble caricatures.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
sad but indeed true.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
very cool! thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My initial hypothesis is that this optical illusion plays upon various facets of our peripheral vision and utilizes the funny relationship between our right and left sides of the brain.

I could be wrong but this is my initial guesstimate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join