It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada "ePost" Wants To Make Your Mailbox DIGITAL Starting in June

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Next digital evolution for Canada Post will start in Waterloo Region

TheRecord.com Posted: May 26, 2012

Canada Post wants to cut down on the paper you don’t want by making your mailbox digital.

The corporation is launching the latest evolution of its ePost platform in Kitchener and Waterloo in June. It will roll it out across the rest of the country in subsequent months

ePost is a web platform that allows you to pick which “mailers” you want to get online bills and statements from.

You can view and pay bills either from the ePost site, or from a bank’s online banking site. “It is fully secure because it sits behind the firewall of all the major banks,”.

ePost has been around for 10 years and is now the largest bill consolidation platform in Canada. About 7.2 million Canadians have registered with ePost.

Instead of getting revenue from postage stamps, ePost sells electronic delivery systems to companies.

Thousands of companies and businesses also use ePost to send electronic paycheques and T4 slips to employees.

The new platform ultimately will be capable of providing more services.

“It not only has a cleaner user interface and a new and improved user experience, but for the first time, it also actually ties you and your virtual profile to your physical address,”.

Munro envisions people receiving electronic flyers and coupons through ePost. You could select exactly the types of coupons or flyers you are interested in receiving.

The new ePost platform could also enable the electronic delivery of things such as voter registration cards and other government documents that need to be attached to a specific address for security reasons.

It includes a secure storage system that is like a virtual safety deposit box where tax information and other important documents can be stored for years.

Now this is pretty cool
I like the idea of choosing what mail I wish to receive and what junk mail and flyers/coupons I wish not to have in my mailbox. So instead of receiving bills in your physical mailbox, all of your bills can be consolidated in a one-stop-pay format using ePost.

Check out the information video below. I think I want to sign up now....ooooooooh, so exciting

According to the video, there are already 4 million registered users of this service in Canada, and is rapidly growing. Also, the benefits of being more environmentally friendly by saving trees/paper is a huge plus. Hence why I think it would be great to switch it up in going green too.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

edit on 26-5-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I dont get any junk mail in my actual mail box, because i have a small, handmade sticker that says 'no junk mail'.

Try it at home!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Haha when I first read the title I imagined them making my physical mail box on the front of the house digital.. but yeah this is pretty cool, anything to cut down on paper use is great, and I especially like the idea of adding flyers to the ePost because I used to deliver flyers, and I was completely disgusted at the amount of paper was going out every week. Having a huge pile of papers sitting in your house really puts it into view, to think I'm just one delivery person for one company, there's so many others and this isn't even that big of a city... all the flyers in the world must be horrific.. lol.. I'm all for online flyers!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Munro envisions people receiving electronic flyers and coupons through ePost. You could select exactly the types of coupons or flyers you are interested in receiving.

Envisions?

Only about 30 years behind.. gotta love government.

top topics

join