It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely LONG time lurker, so I finally join to look for some answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A little about myself, I am a male, 25 year old Engineering student. I consider myself a "Fox Mulder" type of person, I want to believe and I try to look at everything with an open eye no matter how absurd. I have been married for almost three years, and my wife is something else. She has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, but I believe it is something more than that. Within the past 10 years, I have been exposed to some sort of "hauntings" prior to meeting my wife, and also witnessed some sort of vehicles in the sky be viewable for a matter of a couple of seconds and split the sky without a trace. My wife, however, after having her schizophrenia diagnosed led to believe that she could be some sort of medium. After all of my rambling, I would just like to say hello to all and I am ready to be barraged with questions/insults as I have no fear of being berated because I may sound "crazy".

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheInvisibleWall

You'll have to get that barrage of "your crazy" from someone else.

Welcome to ATS. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Make sure your tray table and seat is in the upright position, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I guess introductions don't get hit with the "crazy" posts yet, that will probably have to wait until I can start my own threads. Nevertheless, thanks for the warm welcoming and will make sure I have my seatbelt secured!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInvisibleWall

Oh no they do occasionally, but you're right, the Intro forum is like the gingerbread house, all sweet and inviting. Once you start posting is when you have the chance of being thrown in the oven.

Although if you possess the proper tools to be fire proof, then you'll fair well here. You have an intriguing opener so I am sure your threads will be interesting to a number of folks here, and perhaps barraged by others, but it's all a part of the environment, however this is the best "environment" I have ever found.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Welcome!

Definitely be ready for the barrage.... but they'll surprise you. They won't jump on you when you expect them to, they'll jump on you for something absolutely crazy like you calling a color "green" when they clearly see it as "sage" and they will go on and on and on and on and on and on.... and on.... until you want to roll your eyes to the back of your head!
If you can handle that part (usually weekends), you'll fit right in!!

The moderator will be by soon and give you links and stuff, be sure to read them, they're pretty helpful

This one is the big one, the rest are little stuff : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ask your question and there might be an answer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Welcome, man.
It is not really hard to avoid the flaming if you know how to play your cards and you are ALWAYS respectful of your fellow members.
And remembering that an open mind also contains the possibility of you being wrong does also come in handy.
Have a nice stay, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need help with anything.
Drakus

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the welcomes! As for matters of opinion, if I am wrong and proved wrong it's no biggie to me. And hey, if I learn something new in the process it's kind of a win-win situation I guess.

top topics

join