It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Dystopian Silence Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This delayed auditory feedback device makes it all but impossible for a human to speak

Ever since humans first invented guns, they've been inventing new uses for them. Some shoot bullets; others shoot lasers. But a strange and unsettling new gun being developed by Japanese researchers shoots sound waves in an effort to disrupt and silence anyone who dares speak out of turn.

The gun operates based on the concept of delayed auditory feedback. An attached microphone picks up the sound being made by the target and plays it back 0.2 seconds later. The effect is incredibly confusing to the human brain, making it all but impossible to talk or hold a conversation. The device doesn't cause the person it's being used on any physical harm — it simply messes with their head.

______beforeitsnews/story/2181/690/Meet_the_Dystopian_Silence_Gun.html

This seems to be borrowing from the feedback you get on the phone when calling long distance or abroad.

It is almost as bad as the breathing sound, clicking noises, clinking sound of a stirred cups of coffee I get on my phone when calling my associates and friends

edit on 26-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
i can think of more than a few people i could use this on!!!

are for sale to the public!?! ha ha ha!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

I don't know if you are old enough to remember this guy on TV but I imagine the effects could be something similar. This is an interview rather than just his skit and he explains how he came upon the idea, quite by chance.
He did this act for many a year, decades.

edit on 26/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I don't know if you are old enough to remember this guy on TV but I imagine the effects could be something similar. This is an interview rather than just his skit and he explains how he came upon the idea, quite by chance.
He did this act for many a year, decades.

edit on 26/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Yup. I saw him on tv in the 1990s and thought him to be irritating.

What shocks me the most is that his face hasn't changed over the last 20 years but his hair has. This guy must have been born old.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Oh well, you can't please everyone.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Japanese would create this...

new topics

top topics

join