It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboy 'genius' solves puzzles posed by Sir Isaac Newton

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

The Indians are great at mathematics and science.

If someone else doesn't find this absolutely hilarious, I live in a scary world.

High five?

it's sad people gave you stars. the vedic science is more advanced than our modern science. and you can experience this. just got to get out the mind for a moment

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I surely would like to examine the research papers as I am a fan of Newton, Einstein, Leonardo, Euler, Ramanujan, all the great geniuses of our time. Most collision theories rely on macro calculations and elastic dynamics and kinematics and use newtonian physics for large objects.

His theory would revolutionize thermodynamics and statistical physics and nuclear physics because all these fields involve the study of thermodynamics and kinematics.

And maybe help explain how and why cold fusion ( LENR ) work

****Last week, Brian Josephson reported that the temperature was 600 degrees C, and yesterday, Rossi made a public statement about it: *****

pesn.com...

edit on 27-5-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If someone else doesn't find this absolutely hilarious, I live in a scary world.

High five?

Yes lets all high five the "genius" who listens to rap
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and thinks theres a "conspiracy" in killing useless "musicians"

If no one else finds this guy to be intellectually limited, i live in a very dumb world.....oh wait, already knew that

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow it's amazing how this thread turned into casual racism and mud slinging.

This kid is amazing no matter what race he is! THat's the real bottom line here.

I don't even understand what he solved but it sounds like it could mean advances for us somehow.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Don't the mythbusters do this crap all the time?
But then again I should not be posting here because Algebra II stumped me

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

High five?

Lol. No, the world is definitely bright and beautiful. Nothing scary here.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

High five?

it's sad people gave you stars. the vedic science is more advanced than our modern science. and you can experience this. just got to get out the mind for a moment

Alright. Hold on. For the people who have the same attitude about this guy's comment as this person does, you're reading it wrong.

The humor is found, as realized by messagefromthestars, in the OP's stereotypical categorization of Indians as being good at math and science. I thought the stereotypical nature of the OP's remark was hilarious, and that's what messagefromthestars was referring to.

edit on 27-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

High five?

Alright. Hold on. For the people who have the same attitude about this guy's comment as this person does, you're reading it wrong.

The humor is found, as realized by messagefromthestars, in the OP's stereotypical categorization of Indians as being good at math and science. I thought the stereotypical nature of the OP's remark was hilarious, and that's what messagefromthestars was referring to.

edit on 27-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

No it seemed he implied, it's "hilarious" to think indians are smart at mathematics.
As in you think they're good, IF, you're joking, but logically theyre not smart.
I think anyone can be good at math though, just turn on your right brain, and your subconscious, math is about creativity.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I like discoveries like this, happening in my lifetimes, even if its something small, so the world physics would have less guess and more accuracy.

As for his cultural background, Indians as well as Asians put lot of effort into children's education, there is no other option, from 3 yrs old to 22 yrs old, education and respect is you top priority, so in a average/middle class Indian family, the children would at least have a bachelors(which is very least you should do) when you compare to the parents demand such as Doctors, Lawyers and Engineers.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You know... I'm going to go out on a limb here... I don't think this guy is some kind of genius. He's been raised to be intimately familiar with math, sure - and is very good at math... but math didn't have much to do with his discovery. An education in math is merely learning another language - another vocabulary and grammatical structure, if you will.

It was his familiarity with math coupled with his unwillingness to see a problem as unsolvable that led him to resolve the problem. His knowledge of math made it easier and, perhaps, more intuitive - but what I see when I read the story is that he actually applied problem solving to an issue that people had simply neglected for a very long time.

Though I must admit I'm not familiar with the problem he solved. I will hazard a guess before looking it up and guess that it's a more typical issue of reversal in dynamic systems. Knowing how things ended does not mean you know how they started.

But - there again... looking at this thread and the advertisements on the news sites covering this, including a popular condom song on youtube; it should come as no surprise the problem has remained unresolved by our respective populations.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just read he won 2nd place in some German science competition.

Genius solves 350 year old equations and gets 2nd place? I think something seems strange here

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatefighter2014

High five?

Yes lets all high five the "genius" who listens to rap
and thinks theres a "conspiracy" in killing useless "musicians"

If no one else finds this guy to be intellectually limited, i live in a very dumb world.....oh wait, already knew that

What the...

1. I never ONCE SAID THAT THERE IS A CONSPIRACY ABOUT KILLING MUSICIANS, you are mistaken, and actually have no idea what you are talking about. Congratulations, you have now taken something completely out of context, and manipulated it to suit your own rhetoric of hate.

I was not referencing what the STATEMENT WAS IN REFERENCE TOWARDS, only pointing out, in a joking fashion... that the person who had made this comment ACTUALLY CHOSE TO PRESENT HIMSELF IN THIS MANNER.

It's on par with bigotry, prejudice, and an over all ignorant understanding of what it is to see race in relation to the whole of humanity, and then to make conclusions as to their differences. The very differences that are a result of yes culture, government and social construct...

I didn't even care to go as far to detail why I thought it was funny and that others should find this hilarious... was in reference to laughter as a means to escape the true reality that comments of such are still made. Laugh it off, and continue to try and make the world a better place right?

Should I just have straight called out the OP and address the very nature of the comment? Nope, I chose a different tactic.

and btw, I'm no self proclaimed genius....

and yes, I do listen to 'rap', here's a little rap for you.

Here's a little more....

Conspiracy, Hip Hop, and your Ignorance
thread of mine...

I'm choosing to end this thread with this song, not becasue it addresses any 'conspiracy' but rather, is to provide evidence that intellect and genius are no strangers to hip hop. So the next time some random person goes ahead and claims that it's all just a bunch of 'booty shakin', thugs and pimps in the rap game, you now know this is simply not the case.

I'm logically advanced with the knowledge of the past
motivate a girraffe, wrote a page and a half
known for paving the path and the waves with a staff
the music is rap, my favorite color is math
the plan of attack is bless the planet with wax
the caterer, the Darth Vader with the crossfader
you should never be afraid of the harm from armed laborers
we stay patient as we lay the foundation
in a simple composition for the future generations

get it? we know you do
edit on 28-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane2

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
***snip***

And blacks have great rythm.

Lol! I believe that race has little to do with it but how good is the education system has much more. the Asian population press for mathematics in their children s learning and far surpass the USA students at certain grade lvl.s due to the lack of good schooling.

The (special) natural ability I think comes from among the rare gifted of any race and sex.

There are many factors to consider here. In addition to students receiving encouragement from family and the education system pushing advanced curriculums in the classrooms, there is also the culture factor that motivates the students as education is the most important part of life for most indians. Moreoever to compete (jobs are/were scarce in India for a long time), one had/has to achieve outstanding distinctions to generally be able to secure a good paying job in India for a long time. Competition is/was very fierce amongst the general crowd to obtain a good job for a long time since the country's independence in 1947 to thrive economically. Generally this is the norm in the Indian society that most students follow and are brought up with this mind set. Surely there are no intelligent race or superior ones.

All it takes is hard work, dedication and discipline to achieve pretty much anything. The rest is about BASIC Principles which become a second nature if you focus and remember them. There are many cases of individuals where the brain development, functionality and ability of a person is specifically related to physiological conditions. Take for instance Stephen Hawking who despite being completely immobilized, still manages to crank out some good theories and contributes to quantum physics.

btw...definition of Genius...
GENIUS_Definition

And some Genius quotes for everyone just so we can stop debating about the Race.
GENIUS_Quotes

edit on 29-5-2012 by hp1229 because: grammer

edit on 29-5-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

edit on 29-5-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Job well done. He really deserve a good scholarship for he is a treasure.We must take good care of him.

reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This sounded like a simple problem if you solved it using a graphical simultaneous equation approach.
Perhaps it was just that no one ever solved the problem using a matrix method?
Just because the kid is Indian doesn't mean he thinks like Ramanujan, but it does make you wonder why he chose this particular challenge.

12,394.05 Down 25.81(0.21%)
edit on 31-5-2012 by Cauliflower because: guess it was important?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join