It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operators Admit Fukushima Radiation Levels Exceed 2 1/2 Times Announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Fukushima plant operators are now admitting that the Fukushima radiation levels emitted from the disaster exceeds almost two and a half times the initial ‘estimate’ produced by Japanese safety regulators. The announcement comes after independent researchers exposed the true amount of radiation leaked from the plant back in October of 2011. The study revealed that significantly more radioactive caesium was released into the atmosphere as a result of the Fukushima explosion than many nuclear experts previously told the public.

Link to the announcement

And a snippet from the announcement:

The amount of radioactive materials released in the first days of the Fukushima nuclear disaster was almost two and a half times the initial estimate by Japanese safety regulators, the operator of the crippled plant said in a report released on Thursday.

So we've been lied to from the start.

Who would've thunked?!

The researchers from this study went against the official explanations (now confirmed as bogus by the operators themselves), and stated that the amount of radioactive isotope caesium-137 released at the height of the crisis was equivalent to 42% of that from Chernobyl. And that’s just the amount released at the height of the event. Many experts have actually labeled the Fukushima event to be even more catastrophic than the Chernobyl incident. Scientists who challenged the official report published their findings online in the journal Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, and authors state that Fukushima radiation levels truly began flooding the environment between being struck by the magnitude-9 earthquake on March 11th and being hit with a tsunami 45 minutes later.

Maxim Shingarkin, an expert in nuclear and radiation security, commented on the situation in Fukushima:

He said the following:

“In fact, this statement came with a big delay.The operating company deliberately concealed this information. The explanation is simple – the company is afraid that any checking by competent experts would reveal its inability to save the situation. Only recently, foreign experts founded a consultative body for the clean-up of the accident’s consequences. Moreover, the company is concealing the information about the amount of pollution of the environment.”

all in all this is just another thread to show how incompetent TEPCO and the Japanese government are in bringing about information. (incompetent to say the least)

and you know what bothers me even more?

that this situation is still NOT dealt with.

it's now a money issue as TEPCO doesn't have the funds to deal with this disaster.

what i ask myself is this: is this really an economic issue? should it be?
this is about our life in this planet, our foodchain and our existence on this blue marble.

i'm so glad humans count their life in years but the earth counts her life in aeons.

so she can clense herself of al the nasty things we've done to her.

time to stop this disaster.

source

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If they are just now going to tell us that it's worse than thought, what else aren't they telling us?

In another thread I raised the question.....Would liquid nitrogen be cold enough to help cool the reactor and keep cost down?

This is something we need to get a handle on, not just for our sake but Earth, and our future generations too come.

link   

It has a half-life of eight days and can cause thyroid cancer.

www.nytimes.com...

i wonder how far it travelled in those 8 days.

link   
I don't think that incompetent is the right word. They have a cultural aversion to admitting disaster or defeat. Even as cancer increases, so does the denial and alternated excuses. Our press tends to look for the worst case senario and present it as the norm. Their press tends to keep a positive, minimal approach to such things. This should not be confused with a communistic approach of disinformation. It is just a cultural difference that we don't understand and then misunderstand.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
I don't think that incompetent is the right word. They have a cultural aversion to admitting disaster or defeat. Even as cancer increases, so does the denial and alternated excuses. Our press tends to look for the worst case senario and present it as the norm. Their press tends to keep a positive, minimal approach to such things. This should not be confused with a communistic approach of disinformation. It is just a cultural difference that we don't understand and then misunderstand.

They can keep their cultures out of it when my childrens unborn lives are at major risk.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wish every international affair like olympics ect could be put on hold untill we communally fix a few things on mother earth. We would have lots of money for it then.

Clean up Fuk. Chernob. and the garbage continent in the ocean would be a good start.

peace.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So it's going to take sights like Alex Jones and ATS to keep us posted as to the actual danger here?

WTF?

My wife and kids had Iodine pills sent down from Alaska ready to eat them, and hide under a table until the radiation blew over us, here in Lake Tahoe.

I laughed it off saying even if they're lieing to us, it can't be THAT bad.

Now I'm not so sure. Reports keep surfacing it's worse then previosly thought. I thought it was just us ATS'ers overeacting.

Until I saw all the crap that recently hit Hawaii and Alaska from the tsaunami, I dismissed it until I saw it with my own eyes.

I can't see the radiation and have to go by so called experts holding back the truth.

We're doomed

Cheers!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I love your optimistic attitude

I think that having a small radiation detector might not be a bad idea if you live on the west coast, actually anywhere in the world. Here is a good place to pick one up: caravantomidnight.com...

I have a friend that lives across the mountian range from Fukishima in western Japan and she thinks she is perfectly safe there. There aren't any warnings for her area. I hope she is right, but I am not very hopefull for her and her family.
It is sad how little is know (or perhaps I should say reported) about long term effects of various levels of radiation. When I look at pictures from Chernobyl, I expect to see gravely deformed trees, but they seem normal. I don't see monstrous rodents or 3-eyed birds either. If we did, it would certianly give the world pause. It seems the only effect that scientist point to is cancer and then they point the blame for cancer to other causes.
If you read the Hiroshima diaries www.asahi.com... you will see the immediate effects, but you have to search to find the long term. Why??

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Radioactive bluefin tuna crossed the Pacific to US

www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join