It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes in the last year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hello Friends and Opponents!
It's been around a year since I stopped posting on these forums. I actually got quite paranoid for a while because I believed that some people I met were trying to get information out of me about my online activities. I took this as an indicator I'd spent far too much time on here and took a little break haha. I now know that it was totally innocent, but it was quite freaky at the time to have someone suddenly start asking 'do you post on 911 forums?' etc.

So, what has changed with the Truth Movement in that time? I don't really spend much time reading the 911 forums any longer, more Space Exploration and General Conspiracies, so I haven't had a chance to keep up. I read news about the paint chip analysis but I doubt anyone believed that. I also heard that AE911Truth started a new money making campaign. Again not exactly a huge shock..

Any other changes? Any big name departures? Any hot new stars?

I used to start threads called 'State of the Truth Movement', but I am hoping for a little more informal chat without anyone feeling the need to prove their viewpoint, just interested in what has changed.

Cheers!

PS. Please, no bickering, if you want to insult the truth movement please don't bother posting just that. I really want to have a dialogue about what has changed, not what has stayed the same.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

It's all pretty similar bar a few small details. Same few websites making the same claims. Every now and again a fresh little wave of converts who buy the same half-truths and cherry-picked quotes.

My intention isn't to insult anybody, but that's genuinely the state of play.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

It's all pretty similar bar a few small details. Same few websites making the same claims. Every now and again a fresh little wave of converts who buy the same half-truths and cherry-picked quotes.

My intention isn't to insult anybody, but that's genuinely the state of play.

I can't honestly say I expected anything else, but the last thing I want to happen is bickering in this thread, so lets just let people describe what new stuff they've found without judging it. Thanks for your post anyway.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think you need to stay away a bit longer, there is no such thing as a 'truth movement' that is a disinfo agent's term directed at anyone who researches 9/11 and does not believe the OS.

Keep away from the tv too, it's not good for you.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
I think you need to stay away a bit longer, there is no such thing as a 'truth movement' that is a disinfo agent's term directed at anyone who researches 9/11 and does not believe the OS.

The title of www.911truth.org... is 'The 9/11 Truth movement'

Even AE911Truth uses the term: www.ae911truth.org...

Would you prefer me to use another term?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

There's nothing new. There might be a few new movies, but no new arguments. On the boards there seems to be a steady stream of people coming over from the no-planer sites to create accounts, scream at people until they get banned and then repeat. But it's tapering off, I think most of those threads go straight in the hoax bin.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

I've been reading cluesforum recently.

It's hilarious, oh man you have no idea.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think the world is waiting for the next election to see how to play this. Obama has sold out so it will take a world war to confront it at the moment. If Ron Paul gets in there might be a window of opportunity to expose it without the whole house of cards coming down, otherwise the story will just end in the same trash can as JFK and all the other atrocities.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
in essence, the same people who believed the OS, still do. the people who don't, still don't. i am one of the latter. it's pretty much same old same old, a dead-end of accusations and counter accusations. no great surprise.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
in essence, the same people who believed the OS, still do. the people who don't, still don't. i am one of the latter. it's pretty much same old same old, a dead-end of accusations and counter accusations. no great surprise.

A couple of times I've tried to push people toward coming up with a complete theory that they can get a majority of the truth movement on board with. Has there been any movement on this? What are your thoughts on what seems to be a stagnation?

I could probably ask more questions but these are really directed to everyone, not just RoscoLaz

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

A couple of times I've tried to push people toward coming up with a complete theory that they can get a majority of the truth movement on board with. Has there been any movement on this? What are your thoughts on what seems to be a stagnation?

Interesting... to me, the trend seems to be in the opposite direction... towards more theories, and not fewer.

Actually, most 9 11 conspiracy theories are nothing of the kind... Most of the stuff from truthers is focused on disproving or denying some aspect of consensus reality. Most often, they do this by creating a false narrative about what people "should expect to have seen". for examples, "there should have been more wreckage at shanksvilee and the pentagon', the towers should have tipped over instead of what they did", "the towers were designed to withstand multiple plane impacts".

Real conspiracy theories attempt to give an explanation of an event, but they are very hard to come up with and promote, because by nature, they are more vulnerable to criticism than 'anomaly theories', because specific accusations are more easy to compare against evidence than vague ones.

Anomaly theories are not intended to explain an event, but rather to sow doubt about an established narrative.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I could probably ask more questions but these are really directed to everyone, not just RoscoLaz

'truth movement' is a fictional term, disinfo, you discredit yourself if you use that term.

There are however many independent 9/11 researchers who might agree on many similar things.
If you believe there is some unified movement please point me in the direction of where one signs up for membership, i'd be curious to know if you can show where people sign up to this fictitious movement.

That would also then mean there must be an OS movement!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My last topic may have been a little of topic so as for changes, bush has recently been convicted for war crimes.
www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...

While this trial held in Kuala Lumpur may not be able to directly do anything, it does put more pressure on the ICC to take seriously the petition that was dropped a years or so ago for the US torture policy. Bush and Cheney have already dropped out of some international travel and global political pressure is building. Having these ringleaders sent of to Geneva will be a big game changer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

'truth movement' is a fictional term, disinfo, you discredit yourself if you use that term.

I'm just gonna link you to what I said in another thread. It's not something I invented and I don't know any other term to use: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you believe there is some unified movement please point me in the direction of where one signs up for membership, i'd be curious to know if you can show where people sign up to this fictitious movement.

I'm just interested in any developments by 'independent researchers' or whatever other collective term you'd prefer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I'm just gonna link you to what I said in another thread. It's not something I invented and I don't know any other term to use: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm just interested in any developments by 'independent researchers' or whatever other collective term you'd prefer.

I've been out of the loop too on 9/11 though I do check the threads every so often.

But the other day I found something somewhat new by 'independent researcher' Richard D. Hall.

It's sort of an update fix to his previous NBC "ball" video. In it he takes the clips of the second plane that show its trajectory over a few seconds, some 26 videos, and plots the movement against a known radar track and a 3d wireframe model he constructed of lower Manhattan.

What his analysis seems to indicate is that the 'plane' you see in the videos (all 26) is really there and all videos sync up in movement from every angle, even the amateur ones.

So, it's likely that the videos are not 'faked'.

This is in direct contrast to Simon Shack and September Clues which claims massive 'video fakery'.

This goes along with my own thinking in some of my previous posts, I think 'people saw planes' and that the videos are largely not manipulated. (Sound, however may be etc.)

When I was a kid I put together model planes and I even went so far as to put little motors in them to get the propellers spinning. I would rig up a string and fly them across my room. I never had a video camera but I could have filmed it, even outdoors against a clear blue sky with the string between two trees etc. Or think of the ufo hoax videos where some guy with a camera and a frisbee snaps a video or a pic and tries to pass it off as 'real'.

I mention these examples because above I say like 'the video evidence Hall shows seems to indicate that the videos aren't 'faked' and that the plane is really there', but is it?

When you fly a model plane or throw a frisbee and film it everyone gets the ruse and thinks it's cute. Obviously it's not a real plane or a giant mothership.

There was a story I read from Russia I think, about blow up tanks all out in a field. Industrial strength blow up LIFE SIZE balloon tanks. Impressive. On satellite photos (from really far away) looks like REAL tanks!

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

There was something in the sky on 9/11 that looked like a plane (second hit) but when that 'plane' hit the building it didn't really look like what many thought a plane hitting a building should look like.

Anyway...

It's hard to trust and get behind anyone with this 9/11 thing. But on my own I had issue with Simon Shack's work and this video analysis by Hall confirms what I suspected. That what was filmed was pretty much what was there, or should I say "apparent". And the plane on the second hit wasn't just simply a video effect overlay.

Surely that's a bit of progress?

Cheers

edit on 26-5-2012 by NWOwned because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Go to the LETS ROLL FORUM for the ultimate in insane moonbatty

Such gems as the WTC building were actually empty for years

That the victims were all faked by actors "VICSIMS"

That 343 Firemen did not die at the WTC

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster
they still dont have a logical explanation for the burnt out and flipped cars in the streets

Burnt due to building fires/collapse, flipped when they were pushed out of the way..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman

Go to the LETS ROLL FORUM for the ultimate in insane moonbatty

Such gems as the WTC building were actually empty for years

That the victims were all faked by actors "VICSIMS"

That 343 Firemen did not die at the WTC

That is the trouble with this 9/11 crap.

Insanely stupid arguments from both sides.

Squibs caused by the air pressure of the collapse.

Jet fuel falling down the middle of an elevator shaft right after coming into the building at 400 mph.

psik

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join