It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm from Sweden, but recently I quit the Swedish Army to go to the US, for two reasons. One was to meet a friend who lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. This friend and me met on an Internet writing forum. He's about twenty years older than me, and he's got an interesting past. At one point, he told me he'd worked at Area 51. I never found out if he was joking or was serious. He also told me after we actually met, that he'd worked for the DEA in South America, so there's no doubt he's seen some stuff.

Anyway, when we were driving through Las Vegas in the night, Miami Vice-style, he told me an interesting story from his days in the US Air Force, specifically from the Gulf War. At one point during the war, he and other Air Force personnel were tasked with setting up a perimeter and closing off an entire swamp in Iraq (or Kuwait. My brain fails me right now.), without being told why. The Air Force then brought in some sort of lifting equipment. And, apparently, they then pulled something out of the swamp under great secrecy. My friend never got to see what it was, but it was covered up on the back of a truck, and taken out of there.

My friend finished the story by saying he never was told what it was, but he's always believed and thought that what they pulled out of that swamp was - a stargate.

I've found this to be a fascinating story ever since he told me. And let's face it; there are very few reasons for the US military to go through that kind of trouble just to pull something out of a swamp. It should also be noted, for those of us who aren't so informed in history, that Iraq was once known as the Cradle of Civilization, right in the middle of the Fertile Crescent - Mesopotamia. Sumeria.

Sumeria was where the Annunaki were first mentioned in scripture.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
could have been a downed satellite,or something of the sort.
that would warrant top level security

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I suppose a satellite could be it.

But, I always live my life after the principle that the most interesting explanation is right.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Interesting story.
I doubt they pulled weapons of mass destruction out the swamp

So that's one thing out the way.

Why did your friend think it was a stargate?
Did it look like one? What does a stargate even look like, like the stargate movie depiction of it?
When was this before the movie ever came out?
So why did he think it looked like or was a stargate?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, he never actually saw the thing, but from the situation, I think he got the impression this wasn't just some simple crashed satellite, and for some reason he thought it may have been a stargate. My guess is there were rumors floating around, and stargate was one of the more prominent ones. My gut feeling tells me he was right, though.

Oh, and it happened during the First Gulf War, which means 1990-1991, three years before the movie Stargate came out.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Oh, and it happened during the First Gulf War, which means 1990-1991, three years before the movie Stargate came out.

That's what I was on about. That's an interesting point.
That means your friend knew about stargates before the movie even came out.
Which is strange, unless he read books about it and stuff like that.
Cool story. Do you still talk to your friend?
You should try get more info from him, would be good.

Thank's.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, he's a fantasy writer, which means he reads a lot of sci fi and fantasy, so I'm sure he's been in contact with the subject more than once before the movie came out. I'd try to get more info out of him, but I don't want to push the issue. If I had helped to pull an ancient artifact out of a swamp I'd be pretty reluctant to talk about it, after all.
But since I have a feeling he's got lots of cool stories, I might ask him next time we talk, especially about the Area 51 part.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

Well it's an interesting story, to say the least.
I've heard a good one this afternoon also, different, but one that needs it's own thread.
I'll get to it tomorrow.
If you get any more info, post it, I'll be reading it.

Take care matey.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Interesting story indeed. Too bad you couldn't get more info. Maybe he has a friend who was there that might have heard something or knows more?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Star and flag, a very interesting story. What they found could very well be some kind of Stargate, TPTB would not tell us in any condition, and they would certainly keep it to themselves.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks, guys. I'll see if I can get some more info on that old story, but no promises.

top topics

join