It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong Recalls Hair-Raising Apollo Moon Landing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Fair enough, a different approach 'might' have had a different outcome.

Regardless, I don't think they landed on the moon that day.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by Nspekta
i highly highly reccomend going to jarrah whites youtube channel

lmao

this is what is wrong with the world.

You're right, people investigating the truth is whats wrong with world.... Seriously?! Why are you on ATS then? Go to the cnn blogsite sheep

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

i highly highly reccomend going to jarrah whites youtube channel

lmao

this is what is wrong with the world.

You're right, people investigating the truth is whats wrong with world.... Seriously?! Why are you on ATS then? Go to the cnn blogsite sheep

Nah, people who ignore real facts, treat a kid on youtube like they are a genius messiah, and then name call to to attempt to discredit someone who actually knows how to do proper, non-biased research are what's wrong with the world. I am on ATS to deny ignorance, not to promote it.

Congratulations for your contribution at ruining a good site.
edit on 5-26-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Well, you are welcome to think as you wish, but the facts refute that.

Take care

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Well, you are welcome to think as you wish, but the facts refute that.

Take care

You are welcome to think the facts refute that.

Take care

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I'm assuming you havent watched them, good for you! Way to Disregard it cause you dont have the capacity to think for yourself. Believe what NASA says, and then continue on with your sheltered life. Its scary to find out that governments lie to you!

Haha let me guess, you believe the official 9/11 story too!? Haha you are such a good little sheep!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Havick007

Ps, if anyone wants more info on the moon hoax, i highly highly reccomend going to jarrah whites youtube channel and watch all the moonraker video's...

Lol, you mean the Jarrah White who has been proven beyond all shadows of doubt to be a pathological liar who has an understanding of physics below most high school students? The one who can't find actual experts to agree with him so he gets his teacher to pretend she's an expert? The same one who's been absolutely destroyed over and over again on one of the most popular threads in ATS history? That Jarrah White? .

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thanks for the big lie information.
Shuts things down right away.
I don't think the public knows the radiation levels in space.
Does any one.
I try and find out with regard to space probes electronics being
radiation hardened. I think they are and not for travel through the Van
Allen belts or from Sun flares.
Unprotected by the Earth a level of three feet of lead is required for
room environment satisfaction.
So something is out there and sound like powerful radiation to me.
Ed: Also where does Dr. James A Van Allen think all his trapped radiation
comes from. He raised questions about the Moon Mission at the time
I'm sure but buckled under pressure letting people go through the belts.
There are 500 ions per cu cm at sea level under a thick atmosphere
calming down high speed particles which is another piece of information
perhaps not in the public scrutiny.
edit on 5/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

I'm assuming you havent watched them, good for you! Way to Disregard it cause you dont have the capacity to think for yourself. Believe what NASA says, and then continue on with your sheltered life. Its scary to find out that governments lie to you!

I have. The kid is a joke and has no idea what he's talking about. Like I said, I am capable of non biased research. This includes looking at both sides.

Oh but I forgot, die hard conspiracy theorists pride themselves more on "thinking for themselves" (AKA anything that is not the mainstream viewpoint, no matter how true it is) rather than using logic and rational thought.

You guys are the hipsters of the conspiracy world. The real story, no matter how many facts there are to support it, are just "too mainstream"

Haha let me guess, you believe the official 9/11 story too!? Haha you are such a good little sheep!

My 9/11 beliefs are not the topic.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You have to question why he is so reclusive. Does he feel guilty about something, or has he been told to deny interviews? For someone who is a Hero in the eyes of many Americans, I find it quite self-serving for someone of his stature not to want Americans to hear his personal experience and the events he encountered having been the first person to step on the moon. He owes the American public and the world his story.

In this age where people are questioning if we really landed on the moon, all the more, these veteran astronauts should be coming out of the woodwork to put those questions at bay.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

You have to question why he is so reclusive. Does he feel guilty about something, or has he been told to deny interviews?

Maybe he just likes his privacy..not all people who have been in the limelight...loved being there. Only to a conspiracy nutbag would this seem suspicious.

For someone who is a Hero in the eyes of many Americans, I find it quite self-serving for someone of his stature not to want Americans to hear his personal experience and the events he encountered having been the first person to step on the moon. He owes the American public and the world his story.

Who says he owes America anything? He did his job..and to some that made him a hero. That does not mean he owes anyone anything. He told his story more than once....that should be good enough...unless there is something new to add.

In this age where people are questioning if we really landed on the moon, all the more, these veteran astronauts should be coming out of the woodwork to put those questions at bay.

You think these men have to answer to anyone. If a few retarded people believe that they did not go to the moon that is their mentally ill issue and should be taken up with a doctor...Astronauts who have put their life should not have to answer to these nutbags just because they feel they are owed...by the way they are owed jack Sh*t.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks OP. Whilst both sides argue whether we went or not, the space suits the men wore are rusting away in museums:

...time is taking its toll on the suits the Apollo 11 astronauts wore when they set foot on the moon for the first time on July 20, 1969.

"Three factors have caused the suits to deteriorate -- light, humidity and temperature," Cathleen Lewis, curator of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington, told SPIEGEL ONLINE.
---
The rubber is corroding, the metal parts are rusting and the plastic parts are disintegrating.
---
The suits also have metal parts such as zips made of copper and plastic connections for pipes. One additional component that wasn't part of the design is moon dust. "The suits are incredibly dirty," says Lewis. "The dust has become deeply embedded in the fabric -- it's very, very tough dust."
www.spiegel.de...

They are loaded with dust, and DNA from the astronauts that wore them. Before they deteriorate any further I say auction these things off and lets employ private sector analysis of the dust and sweat to see if well...

Barring that can I at least get some of that dust for my rock collection?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I watched the moon landing back in the day. Just because some people have questions about an event doesn't make them nut bags. People have a right to question anything. Don't be so quick to judge people who don't agree with your sentiments. They're have been enough incidents that have been covered-up by our government which have come to light over the years. The day something comes to light that will turn your world upside down, will cause you to change your narrow perspective.

The reason our government stopped going to the moon is a legitimate question for people. The reason they said they stopped was because people were complaining it was too expensive, and people lost their interest. Since when does our government care about the cost when a moon base could have been used for military experiments or used as a monitoring base? They've created a military budget 6 times that of China which is second to none. The technology of creating a base on the moon to conduct experiments would have been much more advantageous rather than having just a space station. That was their goal back in '69. Why ignore it for over 40 years? If you don't want a base on the moon, how about monitoring stations for incoming asteroids? I just think the moon was advantageous for the military and for experimental reasons. The idea of a base was removed from any kind of discussion.

These are just some proven cover-ups that have caused some people to question government official stories.

-Watergate scandals

-Gulf of Tonkin Incident

-Operation Northwoods

-Operation Mockingbird

-Project Shad

-MKULTRA

-Operation Paperclip

-Human Radiation Experiments

-Tuskegee Syphilis Study

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

Mr. Armstrong and the work of tens of thousands of people around the globe accomplished the most incredible feat in human history. He will die soon, and when he does, we will no longer be able to hear the words of the first human being to ever set foot on another world.

For those of you who belittle the landing on the Moon, the Christian religion, marriage between a man and a woman, etc. you might want to slap yourself back into reality.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Now how do we get a discussion going between the “we never went to the moon” guys (here) and the “we never went back because we saw big UFOs there” guys ? (in the UFO group).

That would be fun to watch!…

edit on 26-5-2012 by NickK3 because: added puz...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NickK3

Most of those people are probably one in the same depending on their moods...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

oh please if you run into Buzz on the street can you tell him that.. please!!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by paradox

Why dont you grab a dictionary and look up "opinion?"

So your "opinion" is that the word has lost its meaning when in reality it has not?

Makes sense...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You have to question why he is so reclusive. Does he feel guilty about something, or has he been told to deny interviews?

Or is it possible he prefers a quiet life? Most people do you know...it isn't weird.

For someone who is a Hero in the eyes of many Americans, I find it quite self-serving for someone of his stature not to want Americans to hear his personal experience and the events he encountered having been the first person to step on the moon. He owes the American public and the world his story.

He owes you nothing and he's told his story many times before. These astronauts are, and were, real people and not show-ponies to be trotted out so sly people can demand answers or expect them to swear on Bibles.

He's 82, just done an interview and you're still complaining? Some guys are never satisfied.

Why should they? Everything has been said and written; video interviews directly after missions, websites full of information to *check* your truth. For some, it will never be enough and why should they stand and be accused of lying by people who don't know any better?

I mean, c'mon, swearing on Bibles wouldn't stop one single Moon-conspiracy nut from believing what they want to believe. Buzz shouldn't have stopped at one punch, he should have whooped his ass in service to scientific rationality!

Here's Armstrong from 1970 >

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Lol. Neil almost looks like an alien with his puffy eyelids.
I cant get your interview links to open.
Thanks for the thread tho

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join