It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil Armstrong Recalls Hair-Raising Apollo Moon Landing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi All,

First of all I want to give credit to this ATS Thread as it covered the topic a little while ago.

I wanted to re-post as there has been more information and more MSN coverage since then.

I think it's great that an aussie was able to get an interview with the seemingly reclusive Armstrong. What was the link, it seems Armstrong's father was an auditor which perhaps explains why a guy from CPA Australia (Certified Practising Accountants) got the interview.... one that I bet many reporters would kill for

The interview premise is based on leadership, management and role models and talks alot about Neil's upbringing , parents, childhood and right through to the Apollo missions.

He talks about those famous words when he set foot on the moon and about the concerns of actually landing on the surface safely.

He also chats briefly about conspiracy theories and mentions a camera that he left behind and hopes for it's return one day

The link has some brief video but I will also post a link to the CPA webisodes - enjoy

ABC News

Interview Parts 1-4

edit on 26-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
isnt it strange how he continually re-tells this story as if he is getting paid to remind people that we actually went there LOL.

he can talk all he wants... he aint no hero to me

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

He hardly ever does interviews - he has been called a recluse....

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I'm still torn on the topic of if man went there or not.

I think the story behind his famous words and it being a bet is a great story indeed. "one giant leap for mankind" was just a bet... classic move armstrong, classic
edit on 26-5-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

isnt it strange how he continually re-tells this story as if he is getting paid to remind people that we actually went there LOL.

Not really. People talk about big events in their lives all the time.

I'm sure he doesn't know you exist and wouldn't give a crap about your conspiracy dreams if he did.

Cheers bud, it's an interesting interview; I always enjoy Armstrong's rare talks.

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Well, he is a hero to me. And to 99.99999999% of the people on this planet.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I know he said it was just a spare of the moment thing but he must have been thinking about since the start of the mission.

Still though - awesome choice of words!!

I can't believe he left a camera there... one of these days we will have to go back and make sure. If that camera is there then we will know for sure

oh wait I thought we had already seen images of the Apollo landing site... but some say that is fake as well! Some people will never be convinced
edit on 26-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Man I know I saw in a video from one of those guys saying that he (whomever the astronaut was) was bet that he wouldn't say whatever it was and that's why he said it.

That's the second time they changed something in the matrix on me lol.

The other was Bobcat Goldthwait, I know that I heard and saw a report that he was dead... then guess what! He's alive and making great movies.

*facepalm*

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Has he sworn on the bible yet?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Just my two pence here.

I am one of the many millions of people who see the moon landing as the most positive thing that has ever happened to, or been achieved by the residents of this pathetic little rock we live on. The fact that mankind has been on the moon is an inspiration to untold legions of people, and for me personally is one of the most important dates in the entire human time line. To know that our exploration of space, and the nearest object to our planet had begun well before my birth, has been a comfort to me since I was capable of rational, logical, and scientific thought.

It should be the aim of every single human being to support the escape of our species from the solar system, because I believe that without that support, mankinds future will end at the same time as that of the Earth, which eventually will be struck by the expanding shell of the sun in a few billion years, or smashed by a collision with a large weight of space debris of some sort. That would be unfortunate. To combat these untimely ends, I believe we should all get behind the efforts of the explorers.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It was Charles "Pete" Conrad, Jr... Sorry about that Pete.

On November 14, 1969, Apollo 12 launched with Conrad as commander, Dick Gordon as Command Module Pilot and Alan Bean as Lunar Module Pilot. The launch was the most harrowing of the Apollo program, as a series of lightning strikes just after liftoff temporarily knocked out power and guidance in the command module. Five days later, after stepping onto the lunar surface, Conrad joked about his own small stature by remarking:

“Whoopee! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but that's a long one for me.”

He later revealed that he said this in order to win a bet he had made with the Italian journalist Oriana Fallaci for $500 to prove that NASA did not script astronaut comments.
[11] (In actuality, Conrad's "long one" and Armstrong's "small step" refer to two different actions: going from the ladder down to the landing pad, then stepping horizontally off the pad onto the lunar surface. Conrad's words for stepping onto the Moon were "Oooh, is that soft and queasy."[12])

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I couldn't have said it better myself!

It feels as though we are wasting away the way things are going at the moment! We get excited by mundane and stupid things such as the latest iPhone or what is happening with your favourite celebrity or your favourite TV/Movie show etc...

There is so much more out there to find, explore and achieve but it feels as though it is hidden in so many ways.. it is sad!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

lol funniest bet ever!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

as you claim he is " continually re-telling " it - please cite how many interviews he has actually given in the last 43 years

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

i dont know - but ask why should he ? to appease a false dilema presented by bart sibrel

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong would probably tell you about the cookie monster in his basement if you gave him enough air time. The man is 82 years old.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by jazzguy

Well, he is a hero to me. And to 99.99999999% of the people on this planet.

Hero or not. The percenteges are not that big. They are known as SHEEPLE btw.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have a simple question.

IF they went to the moon why can't we see any of the stuff they left behind? The flag for example.

With the tech. we have today isn't there a telescope that can zoom in on the 'landing platform' or the U.S. flag or something that proves man walked on the moon?

They can but they won't because there is nothing there folks.....we can't get to the moon today either!!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I have a simple question.

IF they went to the moon why can't we see any of the stuff they left behind? The flag for example.

With the tech. we have today isn't there a telescope that can zoom in on the 'landing platform' or the U.S. flag or something that proves man walked on the moon?

They can but they won't because there is nothing there folks.....we can't get to the moon today either!!!!

All kinds of junk has been photographed many times. Of course those are then just called fake. Why every single nation on earth, every space program on earth would some how go along with American fake moon landings for decades is beyond anyones abilty to explain. Then again if people can ignore one the most closely tracked and covered events in human history and pretend it did not happen then I suppose the logic of the entire planet covering it up comes easy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join