It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an angel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I believe that Angels come in many forms.

Angels are messengers or messages of or from God.

Any message or symbol from God is an Angel.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
I believe that Angels come in many forms.

Angels are messengers or messages of or from God.

Any message or symbol from God is an Angel.

Angels are the form that the emptiness appears as.
Emptiness is form.
You are the emptiness that sees the form that you made out of yourself.

You are a diamond. The diamond refracts light, angles (angels) of light, refractions are seen.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Well Angel Eleven, I'm glad you posted. I really needed this tonight. (Its been a crappy day!)
Its funny because its only been in the very recent past that I too, have come to the realization of everything you're saying.
Now, instead of blowing off signs as coincidences & letting doubts dilute any magic or hope, I've learnt to pay attention. Although I'm sure I miss alot (I can be a bit slow
), the ones I have picked up on & gone with have led to extremely rewarding experiences.

And since my kids & I are all '11's' in numerology, I'm gunna take your post as a personal sign for me tonight!

Thank You again!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

A good friend shared this link with me awhile back. Based on the thread, I thought you might enjoy it as well.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
I am an Angel, and so are you!

Your post was a nice and happy post and all that ... but angels and humans are two completely different species. Humans do not become angels and angels do not become human. Some angels may appear human at times, but they are not humans. So no .. you are not an angel and neither am I.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

For a second there, I thought you were going to ask me for $.25 a week to save a sad looking puppy's life.

Just kidding, but seriously, have you ever literally seen an angel? And/or, have you see a person or animal's angelic soul?

Well, I have to say, that if you haven't, then your "you are an angel" statement is more true than you are aware of.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned, being a human is far better than being an angel. Why? because angel's don't have free will power. They simply follow orders. While humans, when they do good, do it out of CHOICE.

This is why God loves humans more than He loves angels

Ofcourse the choice part gives the human the potential to be worse than the devil, but it also gives us the potential to be HIGHER than angels.

Source: My Islamic teachings.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Can you grant me three wishes? How about showing me what everyone would be like if I was never here. Can you sit on top a Christmas tree? Where are my sunglasses, and who took them? Angel, tell me these things true.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I am an Angel, and so are you!

Your post was a nice and happy post and all that ... but angels and humans are two completely different species. Humans do not become angels and angels do not become human. Some angels may appear human at times, but they are not humans. So no .. you are not an angel and neither am I.

"Human's don't become angels."

How do you know? How do you know an angel isn't just a highly advanced being, who's beingness isn't unlike ours, except that it is far more advanced? How do you know we can't advance to their status?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am an Angel,
and so are you!

Remember that if you have forgotten,
and then try not to forget again.

You. Are. An Angel.

Have you ever met an Angel?
If you haven't, try talking to more strangers.

Every day. Every moment. Every interaction or possible interaction is a chance for you to be somebodies Angel. Anything from a kind word to a smile to a random gift or offering of service or help or just a simple conversation with someone. I fully believe that Spirit speaks through all of us, and if you just follow your heart and say what it is you feel you need to say, there's a good chance that it will be exactly what that person needs to hear.

I could give many examples of this, both of how Angels have come to me, and how I would like to think that I have played the roll of an Angel for others. I would also like to hope there are times I have been someones Angel and wasn't even aware of it myself....but I'm going to keep my original post short and simple.

You can be an Angel for anyone.
You don't need to 'feel' special or magical or mystical. You don't even have to try 'that hard.' Just be there for people. Put yourself in situations outside of your normal routine. Interact with your neighbors and your community and just be you! Offer your service when it is least expected. And try, if you can, to do it with a smile.

Much love to all y'all.

Have a great day!
edit on 26-5-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by eleven44 because: Even Angels make typos

Sorry. If you replace the word 'Angel' with 'Human' throughout your post, then your message would retain its full value without having to resort to otherworldlyness.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

As far as I'm concerned, being a human is far better than being an angel. Why? because angel's don't have free will power. They simply follow orders. While humans, when they do good, do it out of CHOICE.

This is why God loves humans more than He loves angels

Ofcourse the choice part gives the human the potential to be worse than the devil, but it also gives us the potential to be HIGHER than angels.

Source: My Islamic teachings.

Are you sure YOU aren't following orders too? I know it seems like you aren't, but who's idea was it for you to be human in the first place?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
As part of the roughly 4 billion people on this planet who believe in a race of beings called Angels created by God. No, no you are not. That's not to say I don't agree with your sentiment. Dang I was kinda hoping for some kind of looney claiming to be Michael or something.

LOL Me too. I was hoping for pics of an angel with wings.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Ofcourse it wasn't my idea to be human, but nevertheless, when it comes to doing good to OTHER people and creatures, I have a very active choice. Whether my genes give me any inclinations is very different than what my mind can understand, reason with and choose. I am an active chooser in the way I live my life. I make countless decisions everyday and I am the sole person responsible for my life. Anything else is called: victimization. And I personally don't believe in being a victim of sorts.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
So glad this isn't another crazy one at least. Religion is a good thing whether you believe in it or not it helps people through things.

And a church of brotherly love without the false biblical god wouldn't help people? We don't need religion to do good deeds. We don't need to be threatened by an omni-lunatic to do what's right.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Ofcourse it wasn't my idea to be human, but nevertheless, when it comes to doing good to OTHER people and creatures, I have a very active choice. Whether my genes give me any inclinations is very different than what my mind can understand, reason with and choose. I am an active chooser in the way I live my life. I make countless decisions everyday and I am the sole person responsible for my life. Anything else is called: victimization. And I personally don't believe in being a victim of sorts.

You may have your own choices, but for the most part, you don't choose what presents itself to you. So your choices are mostly a set of limited choices that are mainly a response to what is presenting itself to you. And also, your choices are choices limited by human anatomy.

I believe in free will to an extent, but that free will, in comparison to all the limitations and pre-determined sets of probable actions that we have, our free will is arbitrarily small.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well what you're describing has a description under Islamic theology.

We describe human free will as a small bubble, surrounded by a bigger bubble, that of the Will of God.

Therefore, you are correct that you have no control over things which are presented to you: (to an extent you do, for example if you know your husband has a pet peeve of sorts and you do what annoys him, and he gets mad, this is to an extent your responsibility because well, you knew this person would behave in that way etc)

And having been sexually abused as a child, I grew up realizing that I made unbalanced choices as far as the men I was involved with. I used to chose those who would abuse me, due to the way my psychology was warped. Once I realized that I worked towards improving myself and my psychology so as not to chose being around people who were abusive. Like I said, its a constant battle of choices. A lot of them, especially with the way you are treated by other people, has to do with how you behave. This is what I've learned in my life time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

My whole point was, with the very limited range of options humans have available to them to actualize as a choice, it's hard to say that our "free" will is truly free. I would say it is more accurate to say that there is free will, but it doesn't belong to us as much as it belongs to that which made us.

So maybe you can see how I see that nothing can do anything except the will of God. That was the basis of your reasoning of humans and angels being separate; that angels didn't have free will and humans do. I'd say that angels are just as free as humans, the only difference is our awareness of how free we really are.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

We're not saying anything different then. Just a difference in opinion.

For me, God wills that I will to an extent. Where as, for angels, God does not will that they will on their own. They're simply robots imo.

It is a limited free will but it is something compared to what angels ever get. They don't even get options. Because their nature is that of good and they can never do anything against their nature.

Whereas with us, its neutral. So I choose good or not. And by that choice alone, I am better (in potential) than the angel who cannot chose.
edit on 26-5-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Who....me?
I think you must have me confused with my distant relative the flying squirrel cause he has wings.
I'm the lord of the mice
I will never get my wings

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

We're not saying anything different then. Just a difference in opinion.

For me, God wills that I will to an extent. Where as, for angels, God does not will that they will on their own. They're simply robots imo.

It is a limited free will but it is something compared to what angels ever get. They don't even get options. Because their nature is that of good and they can never do anything against their nature.

Whereas with us, its neutral. So I choose good or not. And by that choice alone, I am better (in potential) than the angel who cannot chose.
edit on 26-5-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

I'm not very familiar with the qu'ran. My only common spiritual reference is the Bible. I know both books have a lot in common, but idk if the islamic book talks about the knowledge of good and evil. Basically, for a liar (Satan) to be the one to introduce the knowledge of good and evil to humans makes the knowledge of good and evil a lie. The difference between angels and humans is that they understand the non-dual nature of reality. For them, there is no "this, that, and the other and everything in between", there is only creation and the creator which made it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join