It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a Mason and here's what I learned...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
When you were a mason did you read this.

"When
the Mason learns that the key to the warrior...

Why would what a 23 year-old wrote decades prior to becoming a Mason be relevant to anyone thinking of or joining Masonry?

Sad how the people who are the most vile anit-Masons also the most dishonest.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
no! you are lying! they are bad people and evil........and they.....they....they....well i don't know but you aren't going to get away with lying to me!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I do find it funny that so many anti-Masons that are Christian call us sinners and this and that, but feel it is okay for themselves to break a commandment: thou shall no bear false witness.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
its wrong to think of un enlightened FELLOW HUMANS as profane.

This could be the source of why people seem to have so much hatred for the Lodge.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

There was a story of a Union soldier taking a confederate soldier prisoner. They had a rule of just killing prisoners since they were not equipped to maintain them. But this one prisoner identified himself as a mason and the Union soldier was also a mason. He not only spared his life, but he helped him get to safety. The whole story is written much better than I could portray, but you get the idea. Both men had a job to do. Neither worried about masonry getting in the way of their job until it became relevant. I don't agree with war, but if someone was trying to kill my family and take my home, I suppose I would fight too. But being a mason saved the one mans life. Masonry allowed the Union solder to feel compassion in a compassion less situation.

What a disgusting story. Sucks for all the people he killed who didn't identify themselves as masons, huh?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
its wrong to think of un enlightened FELLOW HUMANS as profane.

Profane, in this context, means uninitiated into Masonry and is not a derogatory epithet.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

you certainly don't have an idea how secret societies work. Let's say I wanted to take over the world, and I created a secret society. Let's say I create 10 levels, so people have something to advance. The most reasonable thing, is to not tell the lowest levels anything. As a man advances in this secret society, he becomes more and more connected to this group. If I really meant this takeover, I'd keep the lowest nine levels in total darkness. They will do charities, and good deeds for the community and such. That way, the world will see us, as some sort of a benevolent group, and none of the less trustable could whistleblow. Only when they reach the tenth level(when they can be trusted 100%) will they be told the truths. See, nine levels of my group unknowingly help our (true) cause, while the tenth level move with our more serious agenda. This way, my cult would be foolproof. See, I'd have a thousand mindless workers, and the rest would be the 'inner circle' who only mask their true motives with this charity crap.

If you really believe that a lower level mason would be told anything, you are naive. They had time to prepare for these kinds of things.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Narcissous

I think the further you move up in the occult world, the further AWAY from masonry you grow, because you realize there is a reason why the master mason wears an apron of LAMBSKIN for they are SHEEP TO THE MASTERS.
edit on 27-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A question for the Masons: Can you share with us the significance of the lambskin?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
A question for the Masons: Can you share with us the significance of the lambskin?

It is an emblem of innocence and by its admonishment the Mason is charged to lead a upstanding life.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What is the source of the emblem? What I mean is who made lambskin a source of innocence? Was it the Masons themselves?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That's just something to tell the "profane". Just like "the skull and bones is a symbol of man's mortality".

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
What is the source of the emblem? What I mean is who made lambskin a source of innocence? Was it the Masons themselves?

No, the lamb has always been a symbol of innocence.

'God tempers the wind to the shorn lamb.'

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

You're just intended on hating Freemasonry.

reply to post by Narcissous

You don't really know how Freemasonry works.

The lamb in all ages has been deemed an emblem of innocence.

reply to post by protocolsoflove

Then what else does it mean?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I admire the description. Honesty after reading it I can say that for the most part, I feel the same way. I am still an active Freemason (Master Mason) and have not yet had the time to receive many of the degrees that I would like to. There are many former Masons that claim to have different experiences, sinister and unmaking in some ways, but the lodge has in no way been anything but honorable in its comings and goings from what I’ve seen or been a part of. Of course its easy for people who have never been made a Mason to judge its practices and turn them into devilish plots as it would be to do to any other organization. The truth is that there are no secrets in Masonry, that’s the secret!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

That's just something to tell the "profane". Just like "the skull and bones is a symbol of man's mortality".

Yea, and you know this with all your years in the lodge?

Since you have all the answers, what does the lambskin signify to a mason?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

There was a story of a Union soldier taking a confederate soldier prisoner. They had a rule of just killing prisoners since they were not equipped to maintain them. But this one prisoner identified himself as a mason and the Union soldier was also a mason. He not only spared his life, but he helped him get to safety. The whole story is written much better than I could portray, but you get the idea. Both men had a job to do. Neither worried about masonry getting in the way of their job until it became relevant. I don't agree with war, but if someone was trying to kill my family and take my home, I suppose I would fight too. But being a mason saved the one mans life. Masonry allowed the Union solder to feel compassion in a compassion less situation.

What a disgusting story. Sucks for all the people he killed who didn't identify themselves as masons, huh?

well, it was a friggin WAR. I don't remember hearing about all the other soldiers putting daisies into the gun barrels of their rivals, but I suppose in the fantasy land you live in, it happened just like that. There is a big world out there. Once you grow up and get out a bit, you will see that. The basement window doesn't offer much of a view.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

KSigMason answered the lambskin question above.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Thanks, I know what it means as well. I wanted to know what the poster who THOUGHT he knows, thinks it means.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I know this is slightly off topic but there are a lot of Masons posting in this thread.

I'd like to ask if you Masons would comment on this thread: A curious Nazi occult tale. There are Masonic references in it that imply evil intent connected with the Nazis and the Masons. I wonder how much of it is true.

Thanks in advance for your time.

D.F.B.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join