It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a Mason and here's what I learned...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
reply to post by KSigMason

It's too bad you guys cannot read the entire book and see it for its intent. Instead you pull quotes out of context and mislead the ignorant.

funny, this is exactly what its like for lower level Masons who do not have access to the book.
this is one of the pitfalls of occulting knowledge....

I have a very old copy of the book

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Well as profane means someone who isn't initiated then yes, technically you would be a profane.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Well as profane means someone who isn't initiated then yes, technically you would be a profane.

characterized by irreverence or contempt for God or sacred principles or things; irreligious.
not devoted to holy or religious purposes; unconsecrated; secular ( opposed to sacred).
unholy; heathen; pagan: profane rites.
not initiated into religious rites or mysteries, as persons.
common or vulgar.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I'm against pseudo religions that hide in the dark shadows of buildings with bricked up windows, conspiring in secrecy away from curious eyes.

Guess what Freemasons...God can see you hiding in your dark holes.

Then I suppose you are against freedom to meet, congregate and discuss issues in private. Too bad for you, this will go on as long as there are people. As for your god seeing all, knowing all: I differ here with many Masons. I'm atheist and have no fear of your psychopathic god. If he/she/it does exists, I have a few choice words ready.

So either you lied about your belief in God to join the masons, or they knowingly allowed an atheist to join.

Either way it sounds like it's a good thing you stopped going.

You know what they say when you assume too much. That's you right now. When I joined, I was not an atheist. I am now and that's where the difference comes in with our beliefs.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I would probably rather be an atheist than believe in luciferian dualism too.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by KSigMason

"You see, folks, more wars have been fought and more blood has been shed in the name of religion than any other cause ‐ perhaps all other causes. Countless millions have been slaughtered in the name of God, Allah, Buddha, Mohamed, Christ, for thousands of years. Christian killing Jew, Jew hating Muslim, the Muslim against the Hindu, Christian fighting Christian, Shiite versus Suni, Sikh against Hindu. Endless rivers of blood, supposedly shed to rid the world of evil men and make way for peace. And, of course, it never happens.

And that's what they say about this New World Order, that's it going to rid the world of evil men and make way for a thousand years of peace. Well, is it possible for people of varied faiths and cultures to live at peace in this world? When one considers the fragmentation and division, even among Christians, or the neverending conflict between Palestinian and Jew, prospects for peace seem very, very dim. Some, aware of the dark record of history, would abolish all religion. Some would combine all religion, as is the intent in the New World Order, and anyone who refused will simply be exterminated."

Bill Cooper

You quote Bill Cooper? He was insane, yet you quote him as though he was smart, righteous and decent. He was none of the above. He persecuted people he knew nothing about.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by rainbowbear

Ummmm...I own 2 hard copies of it and one electronic copy.

I know, it's outrageous the myths that grow from ignorance.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'm trying hard not to say something about an atheist calling someone ignorant. Sad to hear people still smite him. He was a good man, a REAL american, and he was killed for what he believed in.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

And your point is? My definition wasn't wrong either.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I'm trying hard not to say something about an atheist calling someone ignorant. Sad to hear people still smite him. He was a good man, a REAL american, and he was killed for what he believed in.

You've already said it, but I really don't care. You'll know better one day if you're honest. As for Cooper, he was full of arrogance and seethed with hatred. According to everything he said, only he knew the truth and any disagreement was considered anti-patriotic, communist, satanic, whatever. If you ever heard his shortwave program, there was nothing but pure hostility in his voice no matter who he talked with. He would even scream at those who agreed with him. THAT'S insane and I consider anything he said, including his rants about Freemasonry, insane as well.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Why do I get the feeling that your OP was made up.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Why do I get the feeling that your OP was made up.

You get that feeling because you can't believe that someone has firsthand knowledge of people in Masonry and that person does not support your lies. You lied in this thread -----> protocolsoflove hoax threadand because my experience does not support your belief system, the only conclusion you can come up with is that my thread was "made up." You've gone so far as to draw conclusions that fail miserably in the logic department and now you just can't let it go. Grow up -- and stop attacking people (Masons) just because you've accepted lies and now live those lies.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by Visiting ESB because: fix link

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I think I'll still make my decisions based on hundreds of years of accepted written history.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When you were a mason did you read this.

"When
the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on
the block is the proper application of the dynamo
of living power, he has learned the mystery of his
Craft. The seething, surging energies of Lucifer
are in his hands and before he may step onward
and upward he must prove his ability to properly
apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of
his forefather, Tubal Cain, who with the mighty
strength of the war god hammered his sword into
a plowshare. Incessant watchfulness over thought,
action, and desire is indispensable to those who
wish to make progress in the unfolding of their
own being, and the Fellow Craft’s degree is the
degree of transmutation."

-Lost Keys of Freemasonry

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

You don't paint a very flattering portrait of your local lodge

Ehh.... sorry you feel that way lol. It's like that everywhere though, as great as Masonry is it cannot shake the Human Condition.

How do the Masons feel about war?

I dunno, ask a few Masons and get a few varying answers. We don't discuss it, it does not pertain to us.

God can see you hiding in your dark holes.

It's ok my God is cool with it. He's really chill.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

IMHO, you should surrender your membership in the lodge. Your beliefs are no longer compatible with your brethren.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

War does not pertain to you? So Masons don't join the military and fight?

War applies to everyone, but if I understand you correctly, it's not consistent with the purposes of Masonry.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

There was a story of a Union soldier taking a confederate soldier prisoner. They had a rule of just killing prisoners since they were not equipped to maintain them. But this one prisoner identified himself as a mason and the Union soldier was also a mason. He not only spared his life, but he helped him get to safety. The whole story is written much better than I could portray, but you get the idea. Both men had a job to do. Neither worried about masonry getting in the way of their job until it became relevant. I don't agree with war, but if someone was trying to kill my family and take my home, I suppose I would fight too. But being a mason saved the one mans life. Masonry allowed the Union solder to feel compassion in a compassion less situation.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

As a fellow human being I would save your life. You don't have to be a Mason for me to feel compassion for you.

It is laudable though that Masons favor each other as society is now.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

When you were a mason did you read this.

"When
the Mason learns that the key to the warrior...

Why would what a 23 year-old wrote decades prior to becoming a Mason be relevant to anyone thinking of or joining Masonry?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join