It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was a Mason and here's what I learned...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The KKK and the Hells Angels do charitable things too. Sometimes organizations do these things to distract the public from the evil things they do in secret. Just throwing that out there.
edit on 26-5-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

In reply to the discussing of 'War' in a meeting we may discuss participating or donating to a specific cause i.e. USO, WWP. The lodge room is solely intended to discuss lodge business.

In reply to being born a Mason, with out breaking my oath I can say what you were told had something to do with one the degrees. Think Jesus dying & rising again, metaphorically of course.

FYI Anyone can go to the Grand Lodge of Maryland & take a tour. They even have a museum, even have the desk George Washington resigned his Military Commission on to become President. There is nothing I've ever encountered in Masonry that would make me shudder.

29INFDIV

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

This is off-topic, but can women join that mason thing?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ObserverMind

Yes. They belong to the Eastern Star thing. I can't remember the exact name of it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Your reply is very interesting in view of my personal experiences over the last four years.

I'd like to say more but I can't. Too close to the bone.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I'm against pseudo religions that hide in the dark shadows of buildings with bricked up windows, conspiring in secrecy away from curious eyes.

Guess what Freemasons...God can see you hiding in your dark holes.

Then I suppose you are against freedom to meet, congregate and discuss issues in private. Too bad for you, this will go on as long as there are people. As for your god seeing all, knowing all: I differ here with many Masons. I'm atheist and have no fear of your psychopathic god. If he/she/it does exists, I have a few choice words ready.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I thought that, to be a Mason, you had to believe in a higher power of some kind.

Are you a Mason?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I'm against pseudo religions that hide in the dark shadows of buildings with bricked up windows, conspiring in secrecy away from curious eyes.

Guess what Freemasons...God can see you hiding in your dark holes.

Then I suppose you are against freedom to meet, congregate and discuss issues in private. Too bad for you, this will go on as long as there are people. As for your god seeing all, knowing all: I differ here with many Masons. I'm atheist and have no fear of your psychopathic god. If he/she/it does exists, I have a few choice words ready.

So either you lied about your belief in God to join the masons, or they knowingly allowed an atheist to join.

Either way it sounds like it's a good thing you stopped going.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

And this makes me wonder, where there is one liar are there more?

He has done a disservice to Masonry.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

'The world will soon come to us for its Sovereigns...and Pontiffs...We shall constitute the equilibrium of the universe and be rulers over the masters of the world." -Albert Pike

"And thus the warfare against the powers of evil that crushed the Order of the Temple goes steadily on, and Freedom marches ever onward toward the conquest of the world." -Albert Pike

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A star for you OP not enough posts to flag yet but I would if I could! This is the type of post that attracted me to ATS.
Top Secret Club sounds awesome, My child is grown, but I may encourage my Nieces and Nephews to start one.
What a great way to have fun while learning to explore the less mundane things in life.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
"Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion: and its teachings are instructions in religion...."

pg 213-214, Morals and Dogma, Albert Pike.

oops!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear
"Every Masonic Lodge is a temple of religion: and its teachings are instructions in religion...."

pg 213-214, Morals and Dogma, Albert Pike.

oops!

Haha, guess the guys who say it isn't a religion are scottish wrong.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I am a devout Roman Catholic, and a Mason. Tell me why there is the "Cave" where "Jesus Christ" died and rose again in every Grand Lodge? Hum oh yeah 'amateur conspiracy theorists'

29INFDIV

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Secrecy and Faith
by Cliff Porter

reply to post by randomname

Who says any of us are "low level"? What constitutes low vs high?

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
How do the Masons feel about war?

It sucks. I'm a veteran of OIF III and OND.

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
I wondered if the Masons discuss war behind closed doors.

We don't.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well Freemasonry isn't a "religion" pseudo or otherwise. Nor do we work in shadow or dark holes. Thanks for trying though.

So you're against the Constitution?

And what is your point?

reply to post by rainbowbear

From the same book:

Masonry, by its teachings, endeavours to restrain men from the commission of injustice and acts of wrong and outrage. Though it does not endeavour to usurp the place of religion, still its code of morals proceeds upon other principles than the municipal law

Masonry is not a religion. He who makes of it a religious belief, falsifies and denaturalizes it.

It's too bad you guys cannot read the entire book and see it for its intent. Instead you pull quotes out of context and mislead the ignorant.
edit on 26-5-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

"You see, folks, more wars have been fought and more blood has been shed in the name of religion than any other cause ‐ perhaps all other causes. Countless millions have been slaughtered in the name of God, Allah, Buddha, Mohamed, Christ, for thousands of years. Christian killing Jew, Jew hating Muslim, the Muslim against the Hindu, Christian fighting Christian, Shiite versus Suni, Sikh against Hindu. Endless rivers of blood, supposedly shed to rid the world of evil men and make way for peace. And, of course, it never happens.

And that's what they say about this New World Order, that's it going to rid the world of evil men and make way for a thousand years of peace. Well, is it possible for people of varied faiths and cultures to live at peace in this world? When one considers the fragmentation and division, even among Christians, or the neverending conflict between Palestinian and Jew, prospects for peace seem very, very dim. Some, aware of the dark record of history, would abolish all religion. Some would combine all religion, as is the intent in the New World Order, and anyone who refused will simply be exterminated."

Bill Cooper

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here's some more, from the inimitable William Cooper.

"Spurned by God in the form of the vicar of Christ on earth, the Pope, and spurning God in their turn, the Knights Templars banded together in secret and formed what was to become known as Freemasonry. Now, the legend goes that Freemasonry sprang up from ancient stonecutters, guilds, and the men who built the stone buildings of the age. But "Freemason" actually comes from the French: frère‐maçon, which literally means, "The Sons of Light." Which light will certainly, in researching the problem, that it is not the light of Christ. It is the light of the fallen angel of light, for when they were forsaken by the church, by Christ vicar on earth, the Pope, they spurned God and turned to Lucifer. They held to the Luciferian philosophy that the gift of intellect by Lucifer, through his agent Satan, would in its turn make man god. These men were always on the run. They took the hidden Templar wealth and built a financial empire that stands to this day is the most powerful on the earth [sic]. Jews, who had traditionally been persecuted throughout Europe, flocked to the hidden Temple, for there they could believe as they wished and worshiped whatever god they wished, for all were welcome. Many of the Templars running [to ground] flocked to England and to Scotland, where they fought for Robert the Bruce, who was engaged in an intense battle with the King of England."

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

It's too bad you guys cannot read the entire book and see it for its intent. Instead you pull quotes out of context and mislead the ignorant.

funny, this is exactly what its like for lower level Masons who do not have access to the book.
this is one of the pitfalls of occulting knowledge....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Ummmm...I own 2 hard copies of it and one electronic copy.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by AdesteFideles

I'll bet nearly all of these PROFANES have no idea what your little white hat means, honorable Brother.

Yet they will ignorantly keep throwing threads up like this trying to soil the good works of men such as yourself.

I bet you worship lucifer!

So you think of us as profane?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join