It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Three thousand years ago there were many people with very much intellect and knowledge. Only the elite were allowed to learn how to read and write though. That only shows that most people were restricted from learning writing and reading, not that they weren't intelligent. Most people of those days didn't give a crap about star charts or writing anyway, those things weren't needed to live. There may have been aliens back those days but there didn't need to be aliens for the people to create those things.

Think about this, how much of what you do will end up in a history book or get written down where it will get saved for a thousand years. Not much unless you have some credentials that will make you look important.. I doubt if the stuff we write on the internet will ever get saved for a thousand years. It will be deleated by the government or just some random person some day. Only information that is in adherence with part of our conditioning will be passed on to future generations. If our conditioning changes then this will also be changed. We can't change the future unless we change the past. That is how TPTB steer the future.

I'm still convinced that the beings and technology in the pictures inscribed on old buildings and on the tablets they find are homegrown technology from an old race of humanoids that were very intelligent. They may have evolved earlier and possibly have taught people but I think they were from earth. I think the pictures , at least some of them, are of flying craft. I sometimes wonder if mankind's corruptible tendencies may have put these beings into extinction.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Havent seen this before thank you for bringing it to my attention
and if you have more info please post it

I have some:

In a letter to the editor of The Times on 25 April 2006, Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, referred to Osmanagić's theories as "wacky" and "absurd" and expressed concern that insufficient safeguards were in place to protect Bosnia's "rich heritage" from "looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development".[16] After visiting the site himself, Harding reported, "we saw areas of natural stone (a breccia), with fissures and cracks; but no sign of anything that looked like archaeology."[3]

Source: wiki

As for the poster's claim that:

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Archaeologists believe the recently discovered Bosnian pyramid complex is 30,000 - 40,000 years old.

threadsofspiderwoman.blogspot.ca...

bpblognews.blogspot.ca...

Neither of his two links supports it, and my linked excerpt supports the opposite claim: that no archaeologist on Earth believes that there is even a "pyramid complex" present at Visoko, regardless of what PlanetXisHere wants to believe.

BTW, you could go by his username ("PlanetXisHERE"). That's enough to refute any such claim he may make, without anyone providing any facts to the contrary whatsoever.

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by Harte

You are correct and i was wrong.Indeed we find the line patterns in pottery aswell. I should do a research on this alford guy

The fact is the lines where made by low land surveyor techniques as most academics believe,And that is not fact just an assumption.Till we find more evidence lets leave the lines as are and continue with the thread

IMSAM,

It's a most welcome sight indeed when a poster at ATS responds in the manner you have chosen here.

Kudos to you, and thanks for restoring at least a modicum of my sorely lacking faith in human intellect.

Originally posted by GiodanoBruno
Basically what I am asking is who taught the Sumers to think like Sumers? Another past civilization must have educated them on stuff like :the other planets orbiting with earth(which sumers new this)(and it wasn't the bunk alien theory either).

Point of fact: the Sumerians did not have any idea of the planets orbiting anything, be it the Sun or even the Earth.

You're relying on a failed economist's made-up version, created to sell books and scrape together a lousy, and fraudulent, living.

Hunter-gatherers were quite capable. Ever heard of Gobekli Tepe? It's 12,000 years old. That's further in time before the Sumerians than the Sumerians are before the present time.

Çatalhöyük is another site that predates Sumer by at least 2500 years. Çatalhöyük is an actual city.

I would suggest that you attempt to learn even the tiniest sliver of ancient history prior to announcing this or that "fact" about the development of civilization; a term which, as an aside, you likewise seem to not understand.

Harte
edit on 6/1/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

Sorry but you are saying Sumerian's didn't have knowledge is a bit arrogant. And you know this how?

Anyone ,,,Only has to read the Sumerian Tabs and notice there artifacts to conclude they were aware of there own solar system. That's a Fact.

Who's this failed economist? Is there more than one,because there are many sources from different people who state the same thing. Its obvious you have an agenda of some sort. I am here discussing obvious facts, not speculating or finger pointing.

Gobekli Tepe is fascinating, but from Hunter Gatherers? Who says this ? Wiki? And Wiki or any archaeologist knows this how? There is no proof how smart a hunter gatherer or cavemen truly were. Regardless that's not my point I was trying to make with ArMaP.

Again!,, with another anatonlian site(Catalhoyuk). That's not the issue here my friend. Writings from these people didn't exist so saying this was a transitional civilization between the cavemen and the Meso period is a wild guess.

I suggest you stop being so subjective and stop believing main stream jargon. Starting by not using Wiki.

All the best

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Sorry but you are saying Sumerian's didn't have knowledge is a bit arrogant. And you know this how?
Anyone ,,,Only has to read the Sumerian Tabs and notice there artifacts to conclude they were aware of there own solar system. That's a Fact.

"That's a Fact," eh?
Well, then, would you mind pointing this obvious and easily verifiable "fact" out to me in any piece of Sumerian writing on Earth?
BTW, I hope you're using the term "tablet" loosely. You see, although it's likely the Sumerians used clay tablets, we don't actually have many with actual writing on them.
The vast majority of surviving Sumerian writing comes in the form of receipts, IOUs and other accounting-type documents.
Perhaps you're thinking of Babylonian, or Assyria?

Whatever, back to what I was getting at. Since it's been my experience that people like you have never laid eyes on any Sumerian writing whatsoever, here's a couple of links:
ETCSL
That's a subpage of that site. That page is easier for beginners such as yourself.
If you'd rather research the standard accepted translations of Sumerian myths, then I recommend this page of the excellent Sacred Texts website.
Now you can feel free to prove your claim, considering you are certain that it will be upheld in Sumerian "tablets."

Who's this failed economist? Is there more than one,because there are many sources from different people who state the same thing. Its obvious you have an agenda of some sort. I am here discussing obvious facts, not speculating or finger pointing.

Zechariah Sitchin is the author of the theory you are espousing. If you didn't know that, then I fear I was correct in my estimate of you above.

Gobekli Tepe is fascinating, but from Hunter Gatherers? Who says this ? Wiki?

Turns out that it might be that Gobelki Tepe was occupied for at least a significant part of the year.
It was you that claimed we went from cave men to Sumerians overnight. Gobelki predates Sumer by 5 or 6 thousand years and is quite a sophisticated site, though not as sophisticated at Catalhoyuk (which predated Sumer by "only" 2500 years.)

Originally posted by GiodanoBrunoAnd Wiki or any archaeologist knows this how?

Unless you are prepared to try and understand the means and methods Anthropology uses to deduce facts about ancient sites, it really does no one any good to try and explain how Archaeologists "know this."

Evidence has been found of only seasonal occupation there. And at earlier and earlier sites, plain evidence has been found of very short occupation of the sites. Nomads, IOW. No evidence at all for any year-round occupation of sites has ever been found for earlier sites than Gobelki Tepe.
Not to say that there won't be evidence found. I mean, after all, it was you that stated the switch from cave man to Sumerian happened overnight. If any such evidence is actually found (evidence for year-round habitation as a society,) then that would only prove you more wrong (if that's possible.)

Originally posted by GiodanoBrunoThere is no proof how smart a hunter gatherer or cavemen truly were.

I think you'd be surprised to find out that the cave paintings found in Europe have something in common, all the entrances to caves that contain paintings face due east at their openings and the paintings inside all catch the morning sun in one way or the other.
In fact, more painted caves have been found simply by searching the regions for caves with entrances that face due east.
Some cave paintings are spectacular. You think this doesn't indicate in any way the level of intelligence of the artist?
Mind posting some of your own paintings, then?

You also might not be aware of it, but there is some evidence that at least some neolithic "standing stone" sites show an understanding of the Pythagorean Theorem.
See, there are some limited ways to assess things about the past that perhaps you haven't thought of.

Again!,, with another anatonlian site(Catalhoyuk). That's not the issue here my friend. Writings from these people didn't exist so saying this was a transitional civilization between the cavemen and the Meso period is a wild guess.

First, I wonder what the location of an ancient site has to do with it?
You claimed we went from cave men to Sumerians overnight, but earlier cultures that prove you wrong cannot be accepted as evidence?
Wow. Your argument is airtight, then.
Re references, suggest what you want. I'll do the same. I suggest you try some references, wiki or otherwise. You didn't even know whose theory you were stating, but I'm the unreferenced one?

Sure.

Harte

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Watch this video about the nazca lines

sheds some light

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join