It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Thing is about the Egyptian Hieroglyphics, is that they had to have known how it would all look when it was done before they did that.

errrr.. yeah. You can't write a story AFTER you've finished writing it can you.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Its just that to much of it is hidden and being kept from us by a certain few.

No

It's just very, very, difficult to obtain.

This thread is a very hopeful thread - it wants for others to 'be there' to help us. I understand that.

But, the fact is, this thread, and others, just make stuff up to suit a personal belief system. It in no way represents the facts of current archeology.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Nice thread.
To answer your question the Ooparts can be the evidence not only of ancient aliens,but also of an older,very advanced human civilazation(Atlantis for example).
If this was proven to be the case,then everything that mainstream archeology believes,will have to be re-evaluated.

Here is a nice thread about the Antikythera mechanism.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well this is the problem, I think to any reasoning human being, our past is more than we think it is. But scientists just will NOT ever revise what they already have. Weird.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Here is a link you might enjoy on the Abydos glyphs.
The Abydos Helicopter

And here is a link to some info (by an extremely informed individual, I might add) that everyone interested in this particular OopArt should truly enjoy perusing.

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

If Atlantis existed does that mean other civilizations before atlantis existed as well?

According to myths Lemuria was far older than Atlantis,although they were destroyed around at the same time.

www.crystalinks.com...

There are no ancient, or even semi-ancient, myths about Lemuria. Not even at the page you linked.

That is as it should be, since Lemuria was originally proposed as a land bridge connecting Madagascar to the Asian mainland in a failed attempt to explain the presence of Lemur fossils in Asia. (LINK)

This was all explained later with plate tectonics, BTW.

Harte
edit on 5/27/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Hi littlewolf
Re "the carvings of tanks and helicopters defy explanation.
" saw a video that showed how different glyphs were placed on top of each other to form the figures, it was very plausible. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact reference to this. Maybe someone else saw it

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
nice post. it is weird seeing some of this out of place artifacts. but i feel as though we look at history all wrong. just because someone lived 3,000-7,000 years ago, doesnt mean theyre any less intelligent or capable then we are today. just think, we can go into space, instant message people all around the world & video chat, but we dont know how they built the pyramids. yes, aliens could have & probably did visit & are still visiting. but that doesnt mean our ancestors couldnt have done these things on their own. i feel like there could be a simple explanation for these items & but ya n ever know.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
Ok for those who dont know oopart means out of place artifact and to give a rough example imagine breaking say a wall of the pyramid or the Acropolis and from inside a ipod falls...

For those that like to hear scientific explanations because they dont like leymans terms her it is "An Oopart (Out Of Place ARTifact) is a term applied to dozens of prehistoric objects found in various places around the world that, given their level of technology, are completely at odds with their determined age based on physical, chemical, and/or geological evidence."

That said lets examine some ooparts and decide afterwards what is true and what are hoaxes

Lets have a look.According to ancient alien theorists...on second thought scratch that.Just the facts

Antikythera mechanism
The pentium of the Greeks?Used for astronomical measures

Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca head
A roman looking artifact found in mexico?!?!!

Dorchester Pot
A metal vase that was recovered in two pieces after an explosion used to break up rock at Meeting House Hill, in Dorchester

Mystery At Abydos
The famous depiction of helicopters-tanks-planes what have you

Precolombian Airplane Models
Seen them plenty in various documentraries

Human Skull in Ancient Rock
Evidence that proves man inhabited the earth while coal was being formed

Egyptian Treasures in the Grand Canyon
An excellent thread above.Egyptians in the americas?nice

The Dendera Lightbulb
Dont know whats more impressive,the bulb itself or the giant holding it

Baghdad Battery
A battery in ancient Baghdad.Whats next a microwave oven?

Very Large Foot Print in Solid Granite
There were giants in the earth in those days

Nebra sky disk
The Star Disk may be 3,600 years old

The Williams Enigmalith
A plug inside a rock

An uncommon stone imbedded with screw-threaded metal bar

The above are a few cases,we have alot more puzzling stuff here click if anyone wants further reading.

The biggest mysteries is the knowledge ancients had about the universe.Be it ancient Greeks,egyptians,dogon tribe etc

The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

edit on 26-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

Sorry but everything you have posted leads to past human civilizations ,not aliens now nor ancient ET's. If you detach your belief of the generic human history, you'll notice we are much much older than 12k years.

And your picture is a bit hopeful. Whether there is or nor aliens in the vast universe is moot. Space travel is a tad bit difficult to master. So its ok to say we are the most intelligent ones in the universe. Anything else is massively speculating.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Wolfenz

a Plausible explanation
To what?

an Highly Advance Civilization Race !!! Duh...
Either Dimensional/Plane AKA God Angels Demons

OR A Close Distant Billion years Older Star System Civ type 2,3 Lifeforms came Here

OR a High Advance Race That Became and was Lost Technology
Out of the 250 thousand Years Modern Man has Been Here on Earth ..
OR Time Travel Present or Near Future Humans went back in time
and what you see is the Forgotten Items that was Left Abandon or Missing
a Spark plug in stone an Pure High Grade Metal Steel Axe Head with Wood Handle in Stone

Finding the Antikythera mechanism is Like Finding a Jet fighter before the Wright brothers Ever Flew ...
No, the Antykythera mechanism has nothing that couldn't have been made at the time it was supposedly made.

Ohh Really ? who was the Wizard that knew how to place the Complex Gears and Timing with the Stars ( Astrology ) let alone a Calender as some Guess for Mapping and Navigation ... then !

Not even a ( GEARED) Clock wasn't made until the Mid 18th century ! Much like the Quote Above .. previously
of Wright brothers and a Jet fighter Let Alone the Explanation of the Nascal Lines that can be only seen in a Ariel View which a Hot Air Balloon wasn't Made or I should Say Known until Again the Mid 18th Century

( MODERN ) Man is Claimed to be Here on this Planet called Earth for Only 250,000+ Plus Years Yet we Only See Art & Technology of Anything Architectural within 10 to 15 Thousand Years
It's more like 40 thousand years for art, and if you consider the tools made with bone and stone, then that date goes back to 250 thousand years.

Again missing what Im explaining !! I said Architectural Architectural ( architect )

Not Art! as I even mention about the French Caves 40,000 year old artwork and a 30thousand year old Man lion Statue found in Germany and a Few Threads !

Ok Im TALKING ABOUT Buildings !! Structures Is what Im talking about Here !
Not Paintings or Figurines

Unless a Small Group Advanced Civilized HUMAN Beings on some Island ( Atlantis )
Spreading Their Knowledge to a select Few
What, stone tools?

They didn't even have a Written language for Planning !
They only needed to know how to communicate with each other, who needs written language for planning? I know I never write any planning for my programming.

Well all Humans Not are Like Mozart!! Either ! Only making First and Final Drafts

Imagine that passing down Music Complexed as an Orchestra setting ...
from only by Ear and not a Single Note Recorded ....

its like telling a Story to a Group! of People and later on in their lives they come back
to the same Spot and all will tell a different Version of the Story all because nothing was written down...

Puma Punku is far to Complexed for just a Word of Mouth ok no Language nor some type of blueprints

let alone No left over Tools of how it was built to give us a Clue ...
but Contractors dont Usually leave tools behind more less they leave extra Pieces

No Blueprints Either nothing Passed Down to Generations , in How it was Built

One thing ive Noticed about Ancient Structures in Bolivia, Mexico , Ethiopia Turkey parts of Iran &
Iraq to India Cambodia

They have Similar techniques of Design as they all say the Same thing
it was made bye the Gods, a Deity or its was with their Help

from this ( within a 100 years ) to That

Sorry i See this !

Not this

when i Think of the Antikythera mechanism

edit on 27-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

but everything you have posted leads to past human civilizations

No they could be evidence of time travel by someone in the future.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I really enjoyed this, thank you for the work that went into organizing it!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by Kandinsky

You missed the point of the thread.

That said, your opinion could be true for 98 % of ufology. The same things get reposted with zero results.This forum is for discussions.

Hard nuts and bolts evidence cant be presented here.

teh subject of this thread is this

"The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle? "
edit on 26-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

Assuming that aliens are for real, it doesn't follow that we are being harvested. I don't know how you arrived only at this conclusion. It is also possible that aliens lived in this planet before but for a number of reasons have already moved on to other planets and left our planet.

Also, they greys are not the only aliens out there. There are aliens that look exactly like humans.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I thought that one of the crystal skulls was hand made (no modern tool marks) and I
believe it was the one with the separate jaw.
I think the rest were shown to be of more recent manufacture?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davidwaters84

I'd have to agree OP, beyond the stone w/plug and the Grand Canyon 'Egyptian' ...'Cave' that Kinkade supposedly discovered........ which I might add has never come to light beyond the newspaper article.

I'm simply agreeing that everything there is something man made.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

an Highly Advance Civilization Race !!! Duh...
Either Dimensional/Plane AKA God Angels Demons

OR A Close Distant Billion years Older Star System Civ type 2,3 Lifeforms came Here

OR a High Advance Race That Became and was Lost Technology
Out of the 250 thousand Years Modern Man has Been Here on Earth ..
OR Time Travel Present or Near Future Humans went back in time
and what you see is the Forgotten Items that was Left Abandon or Missing
a Spark plug in stone an Pure High Grade Metal Steel Axe Head with Wood Handle in Stone
That's not what I'm asking, what I want to know is what can be explained only by that.

Ohh Really ? who was the Wizard that knew how to place the Complex Gears and Timing with the Stars ( Astrology ) let alone a Calender as some Guess for Mapping and Navigation ... then !
I thought everyone knows that calendars are some of the most ancient things produced by humans. When the Antikythera mechanism was (supposedly) made, calendars were old things, and to know the positions of the stars and planets you only need two things: time to observer them and a working brain.

To make the precision mechanism its needed an advanced metallurgy, something that the old Greeks had.

Not even a ( GEARED) Clock wasn't made until the Mid 18th century !
No, geared clocks are much older than that. Do some searches about it and you will see.

Much like the Quote Above .. previously
of Wright brothers and a Jet fighter Let Alone the Explanation of the Nascal Lines that can be only seen in a Ariel View which a Hot Air Balloon wasn't Made or I should Say Known until Again the Mid 18th Century
They can only be seen in full from the air, but that doesn't mean that they knew of flying machines. From what we know they could even have made those to be seen by birds.

Again missing what Im explaining !! I said Architectural Architectural ( architect )

OK, I understand it now, you were talking about architectural art and technology, I didn't understand it that way.

Architecture is secondary to have a functional protection from the elements, I am one of those people that wouldn't mind having just some wood hut, if it was enough to shelter me from the weather.

its like telling a Story to a Group! of People and later on in their lives they come back
to the same Spot and all will tell a different Version of the Story all because nothing was written down...
There are thousands of references to stories passed from generation to generation without being written, I heard many of those from my great-grandmother and from my grandmother and grandfather, none was written, and I still remember it.

The fact that today people rely on other things instead of their own memory doesn't mean that cannot be done. I prefer to have everything in my memory than having just some piece of paper that can disappear without a trace.

Puma Punku is far to Complexed for just a Word of Mouth ok no Language nor some type of blueprints
No, it's not, it's simple enough to have a small scale model, no need of written language.
Language, obviously, they had, as I haven't heard about any mute civilization.

No Blueprints Either nothing Passed Down to Generations, in How it was Built
It may have been passed down to generations, but not to the ancestors of the present day inhabitants. For example, if my father had some kind of trade secret that he had passed to me and my brothers, as none of us have any children, the secret would stop here.

That's the advantage of written language.

They have Similar techniques of Design as they all say the Same thing
it was made bye the Gods, a Deity or its was with their Help
Those similar techniques may have been the best to use with the materials and tools they had at the time, if they were made by gods or with their help they should be better.

from this ( within a 100 years ) to That

Sorry i See this !

Not this

when i Think of the Antikythera mechanism

I see it more as from this:

to this:

For something like the Antikythera mechanism, a written language is needed, not as much for the construction of the mechanism (that depends more on mathematics and geometry) but for the gathering of the whole information needed to show the positions of the planets and stars.

PS: if the Antikythera mechanism was made by some advanced civilization, why does it show only the planets that can be seen with the naked eye?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Wolfenz
a Plausible explanation
To what?

Finding the
Antikythera mechanism is Like Finding a Jet fighter before the Wright brothers Ever Flew ...
No, the Antykythera mechanism has nothing that couldn't have been made at the time it was supposedly made.

( MODERN ) Man is Claimed to be Here on this Planet called Earth for Only 250,000+ Plus Years

Yet we Only See Art & Technology of Anything Architectural within 10 to 15 Thousand Years
It's more like 40 thousand years for art, and if you consider the tools made with bone and stone, then that date goes back to 250 thousand years.

Unless a Small Group Advanced Civilized HUMAN Beings on some Island ( Atlantis )
Spreading Their Knowledge to a select Few
What, stone tools?

They didn't even have a Written language for Planning !
They only needed to know how to communicate with each other, who needs written language for planning? I know I never write any planning for my programming.

Subject matter expert. Very doubtful.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Some artifacts are truly mysterious and without any explanation, while others could well have come from the ancient time of Herod.

There's nothing new under the son........ it has been said, and I'm inclined to agree. Here for instance, Herod made many a device to use mechanical means to an end for the awe of the Common man.... Sophisticated far beyond the masses concepts of reality and magic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Sigh. Why is it people think the ancients did not have technology? Why does it always have to be aliens? Hello..., before the Great Flood the Antediluvians had technology, how do you think they built Atlantis? We are in the 4th Earth Age, the "4th Earth" for lack of a better way of explaining this.

Why does it always have to be some god damned E.T. with the technology, is man's ingenuity not enough? We were originally made to be gods, not mortals.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Aside from the very wide ranging UFO reports that date way back .......
There are other indications that mankind did not perform some of the feats of construction of old.
If one looks at the egyptian obleisks, for example....they are massive....theres one which LLoyd Pye refers to.....
Its still laying broken in the quarry where its partially cut out of solid rock.....
Three sides are cut, but the top piece fractured under the pressure of the grinding machine which they were using to cut the shape....
They abandoned the work and went elsewhere to make another i asume, as its still laying in its spot in the formation....partially cut out....
This single rock obleisk weighs so much we could not today even lift it out of its place, let alone cut the bottom cut in the rock its made from....the size of this obleisk is not the biggest in Egypt either.....
Point being that we humans have never been capable nor possessed the tool to make this massive stone column.(think Wahington Monument, out of a single stone....laying flat in its partially cut out configuration....!)
There is a great deal of evidence mounting to support Sitchin and the ancient alien theory....
The speculations have wandered far from the real evidence...
Somebody with better technology than we currently have, lived on earth before us....Get used to that!
Whether it was the giants, the Annunaki,ourselves, or somebody else, they are real artifacts which certainly beie the current model of our view of earth history.
It may be a good time to throw out much of the speculative archeology and re organise the whole subect into a more comprehensive data set in line with what we now know instead of what they speculated on in the 18th century....
Too many wrong assumptions are enshrined within the subject today....
Explain please the Oopart of the footprints ....soled, heeled machine made boot print aling side barefoot prehistorical footprint of human found side by side in dinasaur aged sedimentary rocks....Time travel?
Then theres the gold chain , finely wrought, fell out of a lump of coal when busted to feed the fire....the marks of the chain show it embedded in the coal so it must be millions of years old......!
How can a stone human figurine, be brought up from far below the prairrie soil(over 100 ft) by a well drillers rig?
From where did it arise? how did it get there?
Archeology is rotten with such anomalies.....like nuggets in gold bearing quartz,

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tired

When you say that the other skulls were manufactured by more recent methods you are saying that the newer technology was used. They could still have been made many thousand years ago using similar technology by an advanced race of beings, not necessarily human but not necessarily alien. The probability that humans were the only advanced race that existed in millions of years of evolution is pretty narrow minded thinking, There is no way to date a crystal skull.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

but everything you have posted leads to past human civilizations

No they could be evidence of time travel by someone in the future.

Time travel? That's not even plausible and you post it as a definitive scenario over Ancient Civilizations? Your hope and imagination have trumped your natural ability to think logically.

Take care

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join