It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

S+F, always like the reading this stuff, nothing new here for me but can re-read this stuff over and over. All the history education taught at school is crap (as well as religious education obviously), it's pretty clear to see that we don't know enough about our history to be teaching it accurately.

How many technology advanced civilisations existed before us is anybodies guess but I'll bet it was a few

I subscribe to the we are children of the galaxy theory, we began from asteroid microbes, as the earth formed from asteroid and planet collisions.

Oomparts = Alien artifacts but not directly alien in origin.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
its pretty clear aliens been here for a long time, but sadly some people are really buried deep in their programming. really who hasn't seen a ufo? and yeah it could be "ours" but where did that technology come from? ufo sightings go back to ancient times, many ancient books talk about beings from the stars fighting it out and #. but ah those people with the same brain capacity of us are just silly ancients who knew nothing

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

If Atlantis existed does that mean other civilizations before atlantis existed as well?

According to myths Lemuria was far older than Atlantis,although they were destroyed around at the same time.

www.crystalinks.com...

How many floods did we have?Or was there one only on noah?

There are definetely legends of a great flood in all civilazations around the world.Apart from the famous Noah story another one which is equally well known is the story of Deucalion and Pyrra,which according to Hesiod happened in the Bronze age of man.Plato refers to the sinking of Atlantis as a result of a great flood-the flood of Ogyges(which happened at around 10000 BC).
If all the legends refer to the same flood or different floods,i cannot answer that,but i can definetely say that Noah wasn't the only survivor.

Did these cataclysmic events be due to polar sift?

Could be,but definetely one flood took place at the end of the ice age,with all the ice melting it's only logical to assume that caused floods all over the planet.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Explained or debunked?
How many elephants in ancient times (1500 BCE)were there in Mexico? How many Africans in Mexico around 1200 BCE? Why would they bury their These massive stone heads? How did they get from Africa to Mexico in 1500 BCE to 450 BCE without advanced help?

www.sitchin.com...

www.latinamericanstudies.org...

Sure, there are lots of threads on this and they make skeptics head explode when asked about this subject. You have been lied to, admit it!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Bravo Bravo, I love the ancient aliens topic, never gets boring!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I'm a firm believer of ancient aliens, or civilisations so advanced that we see their technology as being alien in origin. Either way there's a big part of history that's yet to be fully disclosed. The OOPARTS (i learned a new abbreviation, thnx
) are just another piece of evidence to that.

I think it's a combination of both. Advanced civilisations that have an alien lineage. So in a sense, we're all aliens

About us being cattle? That thought passed my mind a few times ever since i've seen the stargate series, and i hope it's not true, but we could very well be.

We treat our earth as a bunch of locked up pigs in a barn anyway so in that regard it makes sense.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
reply to post by davidwaters84

Nice trolling 0/10

completely missed the point of the thread,go play pokemons or something

Hey. Shut up. Pokemon Blue was the sh*t lol.

But back on topic...

I don't think we give our ancestors enough credit sometimes. We seem to think even though they weren't as technologically advanced as we are today, there was no way they could've built the structures or items that have been and are continuing to be discovered.

They didn't have technology. They had their imaginations (illustrations of giants, odd creatures, etc) and put their vivid mental notes to use when it came to inventing, illustrating, building, and more. They just put their minds to use differently than how we are putting ours to use today.

If anything, I wish we had the motivation that was on the same level as our ancestors when it comes to innovating but yet again, we have evolved in innovation.

edit//

BTW I'm not saying aliens haven't visited us. It's obviously a strong possibility but I guess my point is just give our ancestors credit...for some things at least

edit on 26-5-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'll admit to watching and enjoying "Ancient Aliens" but it hasn't convinced me that ancient aliens existed. It has however made me believe that civilizations prior to us were just as advanced, if not more so. Then some catastrophic thing happened to the earth, destroyed just about everything, and a new civilization had to start from the very beginning. And what would the few survivors do? Try to record their history on something that would withstand another catastrophe...carve it in stone.

If our current world were to be wiped out...what would be left from our history? Maybe a few monuments and some deep subway tunnels. Lord forbid a thousand years from now a future archeologist unearths a Walmart. Do we really want that to be the mark of our civilization? Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Thing is about the Egyptian Hieroglyphics, is that they had to have known how it would all look when it was done before they did that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is also some uncertainty as to how coc aine was discovered in Egyptian mummies hair etc; in the programme "The Cocaine Mummies" where early transglobal movement would explain a great deal, but is not accepted by conventional archeologists.

NARRATOR:
The Bay of Jars is only one of several oddities claimed as evidence of trans-atlantic contacts. Also in Brazil, there is an inscription said to be in an ancient Mediterranean language. Meanwhile, in Mexico, there are 3,000 year old figurines with beards, a feature unknown in native Americans plus colossal statues that are said to look African, and an apparent picture of a pineapple - an American fruit - has been found in Pompeii.

But if tobacco from Mexico or coca from the Andes was carried across an ocean, it apparently need not have been the Atlantic. According to Alice Kehoe, a number of other American plants mysteriously turn up outside the "sealed" continent. But they are found on the other side of the Pacific.

PROF ALICE KEHOE - Anthropologist, Marquette University:
"The one that absolutely proves trans-pacific vaoyaging is the sweet potato. There are also discoveries of peanuts more than 2,000 years ago in western China. There is a temple is southern India that has sculptures of goddesses holding what looks like ears of maize or corn."

NARRATOR:
And if American maize might have got as far as India, why couldn't tobacco or coca have reached Egypt? They could have come across the Pacific to China or Asia and then overland to Africa. The Egyptians need not have travelled to America at all, or known where the plants had originated, but could have got them indirectly, through a network of world trade. But any ancient trade route that includes America is unacceptable in archeology."

www.druglibrary.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by IMSAM
The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

The problem I see with these things presented as ooparts is that, even if real, they do not really show any connection with aliens.

Ok ....

maybe Not Aliens that Made them but a Civilization Type Two or Three that Helped along the Way ...

either from a different Dimension or a Near Habitable Star System like Zeta Reticuli
in which is way Older then Ours !

a Plausible explanation

Finding the
Antikythera mechanism is Like Finding a Jet fighter before the Wright brothers Ever Flew ...
a Heavy then Air Machine or Finding One ( Present Day ) imbedded in Ancient Rock

Or as a Few Of Use Know ....

( MODERN ) Man is Claimed to be Here on this Planet called Earth for Only 250,000+ Plus Years

Yet we Only See Art & Technology of Anything Architectural within 10 to 15 Thousand Years

What the Hell has Modern Man been Doing ! for those 235 Thousand Years

Unless a Small Group Advanced Civilized HUMAN Beings on some Island ( Atlantis )
Spreading Their Knowledge to a select Few

What could of been explained was from the Archives of Library of Alexandria

but WE ATS Veterans ALL know what Happened to the Library

all because of Religion ?

another Theory

that in the Near Future or even present Day Man has found a way of Time Travel

and that Could explain alot of it !

just maybe those Mythology's like Greek Roman, Norse , Indian (India) may have some truth

Either Time Travel on an Advance Race ( Human ) of beings From Here or There ( Near Star )

As the Majority Would Agree Here on ATS when you Look up at a Star ,
you have the Gut Feeling you want to go there even for a Visit ....

and that what I call Pure Instinct...

One of the Biggest Grand Daddy's of Debate of Alien Technology or Advanced Human Technology..

Tho The People That Lived Around there for Millenniums dont Quite Fit the Description ...
They didn't even have a Written language for Planning !

I love this Video

how GOD and Religion created?

Only with a Hundred Years ! and we Been on this Planet for 250,000 Yeas

here is one OOPart Documentary

The mysterious origin of man
www.youtube.com...

edit on 26-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
a Plausible explanation
To what?

Finding the
Antikythera mechanism is Like Finding a Jet fighter before the Wright brothers Ever Flew ...
No, the Antykythera mechanism has nothing that couldn't have been made at the time it was supposedly made.

( MODERN ) Man is Claimed to be Here on this Planet called Earth for Only 250,000+ Plus Years

Yet we Only See Art & Technology of Anything Architectural within 10 to 15 Thousand Years
It's more like 40 thousand years for art, and if you consider the tools made with bone and stone, then that date goes back to 250 thousand years.

Unless a Small Group Advanced Civilized HUMAN Beings on some Island ( Atlantis )
Spreading Their Knowledge to a select Few
What, stone tools?

They didn't even have a Written language for Planning !
They only needed to know how to communicate with each other, who needs written language for planning? I know I never write any planning for my programming.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
IMSAM
I love out of place artifacts there just fascinating ..I don't have any hard nuts and bolts evidence for any of these but i don't think any of its from aliens in my mind allot of its from human civilizations and the technology has been long forgotten..

Sometimes i don't think we give our ancestors enough credit..Its amazing what humans are capable of achieving when they set their mind to it...
The artifact that interests me the most is the The Williams Enigmalith..

I think were being lied to about the real history of planet earth. , keeping the public in the dark has come to be a feature of our current world rulers. It could almost be presumed that there is information that would cause a loss of control and power to manipulate reality outcomes if known. peace,sugarcookie1
S&F for a interesting thread..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good job on posting the thread. I believe that the present worlds teachings discount these things as unreal unless there is evidence to prove they are real. Seems weird that evidence needs evidence to verify it if it conflicts with present beliefs. They won't that airplane be an airplane unless there's something that calls it an airplane. I guess there was no such word as airplanes back then, just flying gods, so none of the evidence is real.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't see anything strange here, people did trade and travel in the past. Maybe a thousand years from now someone will question the same thing about why the bust of Nefertiti is located in Berlin.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Nice thread OP, I'm telling you...our ancient past is a lot more technologically advanced then I think most experts believe. Someone or something at one point lived on this earth and was very powerful in the things they could do. I do believe at one point a nuclear war of some sort was had.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is all very interesting. I looked at the rock with the plug first. The guy has his own website about it even.
Williams web page
What drew me to the rock is the thinking that, if my husband had of discovered something like that, he would have plugged it in whether he had to fashion a plug to fit it or not. Especially since it was discovered to contain some kind of an opaque internal structure when the guy had it xrayed.. Plug it in and see what it does,

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Wonderful post. Thanks for this!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe this just shows that history repeats it self also. Civilisation advances technologically and in doing so destroys it self over and over. i think we could learn a hell of a lot from our past. Its just that to much of it is hidden and being kept from us by a certain few.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by IMSAM

Is it that time again?

There are dozens and dozens of threads about this stuff already. Same old stuff - same old empty speculations. Regurgitated and repeated all the time.

In damn near every case, they're pushed by Creationists (Hindu, Christian whatever) or 'Ancient Aliens' dreamers. 'If only the Smithsonian hadn't covered it all up...' 'Giants were aliens!' 'Lost races of red-haired....' All by people who haven't read a history paper and use the excuse of 'conspiracy' to avoid even looking.

One after another has been explained or debunked to hell and back - the internet is full of explanations ad infinitum. And still, time after time, we're right back with the 'Wow Factor' and going through it all over again. Star and flag! Star and flag!

Of all the things that make the subject of UFOs a ridiculous joke, it's this endless BS about claiming everything is being done by aliens. This is why so much of ufology is looked on as a dribbling idiot rocking in the corner.

Well said sir.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join