It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ooparts and Ancient aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ok for those who dont know oopart means out of place artifact and to give a rough example imagine breaking say a wall of the pyramid or the Acropolis and from inside a ipod falls...

For those that like to hear scientific explanations because they dont like leymans terms her it is "An Oopart (Out Of Place ARTifact) is a term applied to dozens of prehistoric objects found in various places around the world that, given their level of technology, are completely at odds with their determined age based on physical, chemical, and/or geological evidence."

That said lets examine some ooparts and decide afterwards what is true and what are hoaxes

Lets have a look.According to ancient alien theorists...on second thought scratch that.Just the facts

Antikythera mechanism
The pentium of the Greeks?Used for astronomical measures

Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca head
A roman looking artifact found in mexico?!?!!

Dorchester Pot
A metal vase that was recovered in two pieces after an explosion used to break up rock at Meeting House Hill, in Dorchester

Mystery At Abydos
The famous depiction of helicopters-tanks-planes what have you

Precolombian Airplane Models
Seen them plenty in various documentraries

Human Skull in Ancient Rock
Evidence that proves man inhabited the earth while coal was being formed

Egyptian Treasures in the Grand Canyon
An excellent thread above.Egyptians in the americas?nice

The Dendera Lightbulb
Dont know whats more impressive,the bulb itself or the giant holding it

Baghdad Battery
A battery in ancient Baghdad.Whats next a microwave oven?

Very Large Foot Print in Solid Granite
There were giants in the earth in those days

Nebra sky disk
The Star Disk may be 3,600 years old

The Williams Enigmalith
A plug inside a rock

An uncommon stone imbedded with screw-threaded metal bar

The above are a few cases,we have alot more puzzling stuff here click if anyone wants further reading.

The biggest mysteries is the knowledge ancients had about the universe.Be it ancient Greeks,egyptians,dogon tribe etc

The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

edit on 26-5-2012 by IMSAM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reserved

Ok here we ll have some ooparts that were hoaxes

Dropa stones
Sadly proven fake

Newark Holy Stones

Crystal Skulls
Seen in every documentary almost

Ica stones
Inca stones depicting dinosaurs and humans

Eltanin Antenna
Thought to be an antenna in the bottom of the sea,turned out a sponge

Klerksdorp sphere
Another object seen in various documentaries

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I do not see anything there that was not man made, so what makes you think Aliens had a hand in any the artifacts you posted?

+28 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by davidwaters84

Nice trolling 0/10

completely missed the point of the thread,go play pokemons or something

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Sweet thread and very interesting. A few though are out of place for the cultures present at the time they were believed to be made but are not necesarily that extraordinary in their own right - such as the Roman head in Mexico or the star disk (which if I remember rightly is believed to represent the Pleiades...?). But many of the others such as the screws or the carvings of tanks and helicopters defy explanation.

Here's one more for your collection.

The Gosford Hieroglyphics from New South Wales, Australia

edit on 26/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

can you please post how old these artifacts were? you know what date??=.= thanks

Edit: Nvm I just realized you have links, my bad.
edit on 26-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's facinating how many artifacts have yet to be explained. It seems ancient people, lol, or perhaps aliens were alot more advanced then we reaally understand. Interesting thread

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Concerning the Mystery At Abydos, I'm pretty sure they were hieroglyphics that had been recarved with the original writing kept intact. Plus, some of the pictures of the glyhps have been tampered with. What gets me is that people completely ignore the rest of the hieroglyphics adjacent to the "mysterious aircraft symbols".

If you read the cartouche next to the left of it, it says, Re/King of Upper & Lower Egypt...(UFO? Helicopter? Submarine?)...doesn't make much sense.

A lot of these artifacts most likely have explainable origins without their otherworldly attachments.
edit on 5/26/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Good work!

Nice thread.
S&F.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle?

Excellent post!It does make you wonder.Never thought it about like this

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
www.s8int.com...

is another ooparts site with dates and more - discusses DNA, Ancient atomic knowledge, dinosaurs and modern sightings....................

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Is it that time again?

There are dozens and dozens of threads about this stuff already. Same old stuff - same old empty speculations. Regurgitated and repeated all the time.

In damn near every case, they're pushed by Creationists (Hindu, Christian whatever) or 'Ancient Aliens' dreamers. 'If only the Smithsonian hadn't covered it all up...' 'Giants were aliens!' 'Lost races of red-haired....' All by people who haven't read a history paper and use the excuse of 'conspiracy' to avoid even looking.

One after another has been explained or debunked to hell and back - the internet is full of explanations ad infinitum. And still, time after time, we're right back with the 'Wow Factor' and going through it all over again. Star and flag! Star and flag!

Of all the things that make the subject of UFOs a ridiculous joke, it's this endless BS about claiming everything is being done by aliens. This is why so much of ufology is looked on as a dribbling idiot rocking in the corner.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Great Thread...As try as we might and want we may just never know the answers to some of these ooparts...

Really fascinating though

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You missed the point of the thread.

That said, your opinion could be true for 98 % of ufology. The same things get reposted with zero results.This forum is for discussions.

Hard nuts and bolts evidence cant be presented here.

teh subject of this thread is this

"The theory is that if these ooparts are real, is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?Like a giant farm where humans are harvested... Are the ancient aliens real?And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?Are we their cattle? "

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Nice thread.
To answer your question the Ooparts can be the evidence not only of ancient aliens,but also of an older,very advanced human civilazation(Atlantis for example).
If this was proven to be the case,then everything that mainstream archeology believes,will have to be re-evaluated.

Here is a nice thread about the Antikythera mechanism.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Spot on Phantom because it leads to another theory.

If Atlantis existed does that mean other civilizations before atlantis existed as well?

How many floods did we have?Or was there one only on noah?

Did these cataclysmic events be due to polar sift?

According to nasa

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?

A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-switch to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.

As far as we know is the keyword.Maybe there is data that are yet to be discovered.We are based on presumptions but what else can we do.

But we have heard of Mamoths found frozen solid with their food in their stomachs intact,Maybe the shift was more abrupt than is currently thought.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

The theory is that if these ooparts are real...

They aren't 'ooparts,' they're a mixture of hoax, Creationist deceit, misidentification and wilful ignorance.

...is earth a place where civilizations emerge and then harvested at their peak?

Nope. We've got a fairly decent record of civilisations going back to the birth of the first City States. We can trace much of our lineage back tens of thousands of years. There hasn't been a piece of evidence to support ideas that civilisations pre-dated the arrival of Anatomically Modern Humans.

Like a giant farm where humans are harvested...

Nope. In thousands of years of recorded history, the Chinese, Greeks, Egyptians, Mesopotamians, Mayans, etc never mentioned any alien harvests.

Are the ancient aliens real?

There's no evidence they were here and plenty of evidence that mankind is intelligent and able to build stuff from stone.

And if yes what are the implications for us,Are greys the ancient aliens?

No ooparts, no evidence of 'ancient aliens' which rules out even asking the question.

Are we their cattle?

Are we whose cattle? Without evidence of all the above, it's hard to know if there is a 'they' to point fingers at.

Cremo, Sitchin, Daniken, pyramids, Yonaguni, Atlantis, Lemuria, annunaki...search ATS for any of these terms and you'll see how they get posted about, almost identically, very regularly.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nice thread! Out of place artifacts are very interesting but i don't think aliens had anything to do with it.

I really believe the more I research that there were advanced civilizations and what we are finding are leftovers from those civilizations. No aliens needed really. If you have ever watched the show life after people it explains what we would find in 100yrs, 500 yrs and so on. Basically we wouldn't find much of anything. The only things that would be left from an advanced civilization would be stone structures. Everything else would disintegrate over time but as we have found some things managed to survive and leaves us puzzled as to what and where it came from and how it was made.

Advanced doesnt have to mean the same it does in our current time period. Our ancestors all over imo were advanced in their own way and had their own types of technology. I also feel there have been many advanced civilizations that have risen to greatness and fallen by either natural causes or cataclysmic ones.

As for aliens, yes I do believe they visited in the past and I do believe they could have possibly helped in some way but I dont discount our ancestors doing this stuff on their own.

Here is a cool site you might like. It's nothing but out of place artifacts.

Out Of Place Artifacts

Here is a link you might enjoy on the Abydos glyphs.
The Abydos Helicopter

If you enjoy this topic you might enjoy these books:
Hidden History Of The Human Race

Forbidden Archeology
This one is the full version and the first link is the condensed version of this book. I use to have both in PDF form on my old laptop but lost them when it died.
The links I gave go to Amazon but you can look for a PDF form online. I wont link to PDF's on here because I know many people dont like to DL items. There is another book about forbidden or hidden archaeology but I can't for the life of me remember the name. I just remember the cover. These books are good imo and some stuff I dont agree with but they are interesting none-the-less.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

So these artifacts are evidence of an alien harvest?

I am not so sure I understand what these artifacts have to do with anything. Are they real? I am sure some of them are. Are any of them fake? Maybe, I don't know. But what in the world does it have to do with aliens?

Maybe I am missing the point, so please enlighten me. While I am waiting I am going to go look at me card collection.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

The problem I see with these things presented as ooparts is that, even if real, they do not really show any connection with aliens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join