It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Sufferers, What will we do when the SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
No I am a product of survival training, with many (30+) years of woodcraft training/living under my belt. I live in the mountains of Colorado and have done survival training in the most adverse conditions you can dream of. My opinion is a product of that experience.

Ash...hole

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Lol Hennessy, you think that helped your asthma? Try moonshine. Moonshine is legal here in arkansas now. If the moon aint shining your eyes sure as hell will be
, it'll be like looking in a pair of mirrors.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i was out mountain biking and stopped at a friends house i usually stop at because it's my 5 mile marker so i know to turn around at that point and while drinking some lemonade on the front porch i decided to peep ATS and while i don't have asthma and don't even know anyone who does i saw the thread title and thought it was an awesome idea and valuable information to have for the "just in case" scenario and wow i read the survivalists posts and thought i had to put my 2 cents in immediately haha i mean geezz

i really got bent but anyway.. my 2 cents.. in a worst case scenario i totally get the thinking and understand it but it's an "looks good on paper" kinda thing, meaning.. this is a suggested method to make your own survival chances greater but common think about it if you have so little, or actually no, compassion for others what's the use? i surly wouldn't want to live in the new world where everyone is only interested in their own mortality, who the F would? a bunch of self righteous narcissists.. what kind of community would that be and who'd want to be part of it? haha anyway.. OP i'd definitely do all in my power to save your life even if i was down to my very last cheeseburger and cherry lemonade, hands off the last twinkie tho

to exist only for the sake of existing wouldn't be much of an existence really.. would it? all alone in your bunker.. take a sec to put yourself into the injured shoes and think about it.. maybe you have some sort of valuable skill that could help the community but you have an illness that would drag your group down so they cut you loose and there you are begging and pleading for your life.. "you can't leave me behind I CAN GROW BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!". haha OH and your remark about your family and you wouldn't have any qualms cutting any of them loose either haha wow just be careful partner karma is a very real thing so good luck for when that shtf day finally does come.

to each their own i guess. you're certainly entitled to whatever way of life works for you. ok, got it off my chest i feel better. Thanks ATS sometimes just typing a response helps when you just need to vent.

i to have heard caffeine will help in a pinch and would also like to add that i have severe gout, in men it's usually something that occurs in your big toe for some reason but for me it's in every joint in my body so i take medication for it for the rest of my life i've even had surgery for it as well and if you have it or know anyone who does you'll know the pain of a gout attack is beyond description so if anyone else suffers with the same.. i know 2 home remedies i have tried that i can attest to and actually use.. 1) is, again, caffeine. haha maybe an unnoticed wonder drug? i don't know but it definitely helps quite a bit and 2) "bing" black cherry juice both work wonderfully but the bing black cherry juice is the better of the 2 for me. i've only ever heard "juice" so i'm not sure if just eating the actual cheery alone would have the same results. this works well with arthritis or any joint inflammation as well.

i hope this information helps a little for anyone interested.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The post is speaking of a SHTF scenario.
If cannabis cured cancer, and it does, would you deny yourself or your family a lifesaving treatment?
When TSHTF do you think a cop is going to come and ask you for your medicine?

Last time I checked, Cannabis grows on all 7 continents and is perfectly growable at home. Isnt that nice not to have to rely on a Company for your well being?

Try to bring yourself into a bit more wisdom about your right to a healthy life, please.
edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: you know how it is

edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lol Hennessy, you think that helped your asthma? Try moonshine. Moonshine is legal here in arkansas now. If the moon aint shining your eyes sure as hell will be

Yeah, I tried that stuff once, or something like it, and thought I might die. I was convulsing, unable to get my breath, counterproductive to the topic at hand. I'll take the Hennessy, you Arkansans can have the 'shine.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

The post is speaking of a SHTF scenario.
If cannabis cured cancer, and it does, would you deny yourself or your family a lifesaving treatment?
When TSHTF do you think a cop is going to come and ask you for your medicine?

Last time I checked, Cannabis grows on all 7 continents and is perfectly growable at home. Isnt that nice not to have to rely on a Company for your well being?

Try to bring yourself into a bit more wisdom about your right to a healthy life, please.

edit on 26-5-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

Look at the time it takes for it to grow. People simply won't be able to grow a useable product in time to save their lives.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm looking for something I can stock pile atleast 5 to 10 years of supply.
I have a few good suggestions and I'm going to experiment with them.
"That" just isn't practical though lol.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

you know nothing of Cannabis, how its grown, cured and stored. You have no understanding of the HUGE network of compassionate growers, sellers, and Doctors....no understanding of the products and bi products that have almost infinite shelf life.....

Its unfortunate (for you) to have to make hurdles regarding your health.

I think it must be an age thing.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I take a multimineral capsule everyday and I don't seem to get asthma attacks anymore. I stay away from foods with propylene glycol and bananas too which helps. Selenium is a good antihistamine so cut a little hole in a maple tree and gather some sap. It's high in selenium. Try getting some multimineral tabs and see if they help control it. They don't need to be super big ones.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, I tried that stuff once, or something like it, and thought I might die. I was convulsing, unable to get my breath, counterproductive to the topic at hand. I'll take the Hennessy, you Arkansans can have the 'shine.

So much alcohol in moonshine a gasoline engine can combust on it. Like drinking engine degreaser but it's good stuff, just the fumes will get you drunk. My grandad in Kentucky makes moonshine and wine, my dad does too.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

you know nothing of Cannabis, how its grown, cured and stored. You have no understanding of the HUGE network of compassionate growers, sellers, and Doctors....no understanding of the products and bi products that have almost infinite shelf life.....

Its unfortunate (for you) to have to make hurdles regarding your health.

I think it must be an age thing.

I used to be a grower i have forgotten more about growing it than you even know. Wait till this happens you think people will let loose of it then you are a fool for thinking that way. They are compassionate now but wait until there are no utilities and other comforts are gone watch how fast the compassion disappears. Because it doesn't grow within a couple of months outdoors like it does within the controlled environment of hydroponics. You have alot of learning to do.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I take a multimineral capsule everyday and I don't seem to get asthma attacks anymore. I stay away from foods with propylene glycol and bananas too which helps. Selenium is a good antihistamine so cut a little hole in a maple tree and gather some sap. It's high in selenium. Try getting some multimineral tabs and see if they help control it. They don't need to be super big ones.

Do you mean a multivitamin?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I just found a product called AsthmaCare. It claims to relieve minor symptoms of asthma and is made with all natural ingredients.
Has anyone heard of it or used it? It's supposively sold at drugstores.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Many minerals have antihistamine properties. B vitamins are histamines most times so they give us energy through histamine reactions. Vitamins are complexes with a mineral at their heart. some vitamins can have antihistamine properties in relation to their interaction with the body at times though. This is extremely complicated to explain because sometimes the body will get so deficient on a mineral it will lock out it's ability to uptake it and needs a temporary super dose to start it working again. Medical science could heal a lot of people but doesn't address deficiencies till they get life threatening, that wouldn't be profitable.

Our body needs minerals to make Amino acids also or food that it can take apart correctly to make what it needs. Some things our body can store and others it can't. We need the right things at the right time, and that is also a seasonal requirement and based on our activities.Most people have to eat different than others to stay healthy and thinking right. Cravings are a part of health but deciphering the cause of cravings needs to be investigated. Also our food is being created on land that is so burnt out it doesn't always have the nutrients it is supposed to in the right bioavailable form.

Don't overload on minerals though, if the balance goes way off we get sick too.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm a college trained Hypnotist. While I've no experience with Asthma, I do recall that there was some success in helping those with the malady, by using Hypnotism. You might look into this by contacting an MD who also practices Hypnotism. (Yes they are out there).

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting issue Gnosis. You are presenting the case for civilization. I saw a cartoon recently. Two cave men were having a discussion. One says, "You know, here we are breathing unpolluted air. We eat whole grain fruits and vegetables unmodified by genetic manipulation. We get plenty of exercise, and still, none of us live over 30 years!"

You are calling everyone who responds to you with the truth trolls. The fact is that without this abomination of civilization, you would not have survived because, after all, it's the survival of the fittest. By saying that we have to "save everyone" we are seriously weakening our species.

I had serious "bronchitis, hay fever" (cough, "asthma") from 1 to 20, so I'm not saying this from a position of strength. I would very likely have died in my early years as well. LUCKILY (and I don't know how old you are) I grew out of it. And you may, too.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

First of all, I only called one member a troll and that was because he said, suck it up and die.
If I wanted that kind of advice I would have asked a group of highschoolers.
I could care less about anyones opinion about wether I should or shouldn't try to survive.
It's ultimately my decision and I want to survive. If you have something to add such as a suggestion as to something given to us by nature to help symptoms of asthma, then by all means have at it.
Other than that, I'm not asking for your opinion.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm a college trained Hypnotist. While I've no experience with Asthma, I do recall that there was some success in helping those with the malady, by using Hypnotism. You might look into this by contacting an MD who also practices Hypnotism. (Yes they are out there).

I probably wont go that route, but thank you for the suggestion.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Don't worry I have COPD it just means a mobility issue it can be planned around.As to the "survivalist" and what he said well if I need a medic or a forager I'll call him.I'm a former Scout...from Canon City so I have land Nav and field craft down pretty good.I could run a platoon sized group along with families if I had to. People will survive in GROUPS as units each will have their job.Lone wolfs can do as they please lets just hope they don't get injured or sick........maybe from asthma.But WE will do what we all can to make things work.Not run away.Hell how are you going to kill bad guys by running.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Don't worry I have COPD it just means a mobility issue it can be planned around.As to the "survivalist" and what he said well if I need a medic or a forager I'll call him.I'm a former Scout...from Canon City so I have land Nav and field craft down pretty good.I could run a platoon sized group along with families if I had to. People will survive in GROUPS as units each will have their job.Lone wolfs can do as they please lets just hope they don't get injured or sick........maybe from asthma.But WE will do what we all can to make things work.Not run away.Hell how are you going to kill bad guys by running.

I agree, it's better to be in a small group. Hopefully I will never have to go looking for something to treat my asthma, I want to find something that has a long shelf life so I can store it in my bunker.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join