It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting pics of abandoned cities around the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Well this certainly is what I love about this site. What an awesome find and thank you so much for posting yon article.

Snf bigtime

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well this certainly is what I love about this site. What an awesome find and thank you so much for posting yon article.

Snf bigtime

This shize is so cool. S&F.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, I love this kind of stuff ! I wish there were places like this near Tucson, I'd love to do some exploring.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Haha I'm sorry for your disappointment
, not really into the ghostly things myself. Hope you manage to find something to excite you soon

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Fascinating. It's always interesting to see the remains of our inventions left behind. Just imagine a planet without our species and the beauty it would create...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Picture in links: Every Call of Duty map ever.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The homeless would love this.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one posted the new empty cities of China yet.

Very creepy. Brand new, no one lives there.

Makes you wonder why they're building them.

S&F don't let the trolls get to ya.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Ive searched & cant find treads on this , sorry if there is one
or its in the wrong place, I just wanted to share

www.buzzfeed.com...

www.urbanghostsmedia.com...

I find these pics haunting, yet beautiful. It is proof that Earth will reclaim when we ( humans are gone). The Pripyat, Ukraine ( Chernobyl) most haunting by far for me due to the nature of why its abandoned. Yet earth & nature reclaiming the land & nursing it back to health. I hope we dont see any repeat of this incident, sadly I think we will and maybe not that far off. Nothing is permanent in this forever changing world, if only we could do a better job of looking after what we have.
edit on 26-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't wax lyrical about "nature", ffs as savage as any human actions

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Do you have a link to china. These cities are very interesting. Even the ones with no horrid history. Makes you wonder why they are left empty in times were material things meen so much to humans. I'll have to search later when on my comp

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I live near Centralia. The inspiration for the Silent Hill video game franchise. Definitely can see where the creepiness comes from. The place feels like a gateway to Hell itself and the road to it has earned the nickname of "Hell's Highway".

The entire roadway has been gratified to insane proportions. You can, however, still drive to a spot that leads right into the main part of town, and there is even a road that goes right through town. Only one house still stands, a church, an inactive fire station with a working whistle, and a memorial to those lost. The rest are a bunch of cement foundations where homes once stood.

Every couple of feet there are cracks in the ground where smoke is coming out of the ground, and at some portions it is advices to be careful due to cave ins. You can feel the heat against rising up from the earth all around you and then, when the sun is just about to set - the fire whistle goes off. For those who are familiar with the Silent Hill games, you would recognize the terror things brings to people standing in Centralia for the first time after playing those games. It certainly isn't fun, that is for sure.

Most definitely one of the creepiest places I have ever been. There is no wildlife or humanity left there, and the vegetation moves away with every passing day. I'm never one to believe in paranormal, but if ever there was a place where I felt something spiritual as in, from the afterlife, that is the place I feel it. Certainly a unique experience.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think of ayn rand when I think of this stuff. She was one seriously warped baby.

When she sees an Ocean, she thinks of all that vast uninhabited space. I won't go there at this moment. There may be a weed outside growing between two pavers, and I must seek to destroy it.

Dollar signs, sure thing. Oh, make sure you have a purpose she approves of, because there's nothing lower than someone without a purpose....

Thanks for the post. I like looking at places where I might survive.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

It looks very much alive to me!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Coming next, small town USA....
Nice read S&F
edit on 26-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: couldn't let the one liner thing go...

Odd, I wasn't aware that Detroit was a small town...

:/

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Chernobyl is an eerie reminder to us all of the power of nuclear radiation...take note those countries seeking nuclear warheads right now.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nice stuff. I was looking just yesterday for pictures of an abandoned Muslim city in the desert that I found once in WIki that looked amazing. It was all mud brick with mud domes and so the landscape was all brown, and the structures were mostly intact. But I wasn't able to find it.

Here is something that I thought looked cool that I found chasing your links...
www.urbanghostsmedia.com...

That is what it might look like after the apocalypse.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Very nice link, thanks. Really like the first pic with the tree in the centre. Trees really are amazing were their able to grow. Slowly but surly every man made structure will be reclaimed. Silent strength of mother nature

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I went through the links and checked all subsequent links I could find. Those pictures are stunning. They are amazing and slightly depressing at the same time, and I have a great urge to explore them all...That would be very cool. Some of these, especially Pripyat, go to show how quickly nature will take over once humanity has gone. That is the depressing part.

With all the talk of the downfall of empires in modern times, I can't help but think of the Roman Empire, which I'm sure seemed too big to fall to those who inhabited the modern cities like Rome. Most people think that here in America, and other modern countries across the world, they are safe from collapse and downfall, and are destined only for improvement and growth. Nothing is written in stone, and modernity could disappear just as quickly, or even faster, than it appeared.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

I found a link to the cities in china, this maybe what your taking about. And wow this is crazy stuff about 65mil apartments empty. So sad that there are probably many many more that just cant afford to live in one, oh well we'll just let the buildings rot away
. Wonder when chinas bubble will pop ?www.sbs.com.au...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

haha alot of these cities remind me of some of the maps and single player campaign on COD 1 and 2

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join